• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A8

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
The front LEDs look ******* stupid. They're stupid on all the other Audis and they're stupid on this flagship. What's next? Clear tail lights to go with them? Otherwise, it's a bland looking car, just like previous A8s. But having hauled ass on a prior S8 model, I know it'll definitely haul ass.
I think the LEDs look great on other Audis like the A4. I'm sure if you solicit some female opinions her/they would agree.
smile.gif
The A4 tail lights use LEDs also, though they're red not clear. The base A4 (Premium trim) does not come with LED daytime running lights though. Not a fan of the sharp angles of the LED lights on the new A8 because they don't seem to harmonize with the conservative design of the rest of the car.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's sad how much thought/effort/money is sunk into the automotive industry, and not even 5% of the cars on the road are attractive, well built, and non-money pits.

I will be purchasing in the next 1-2 years and have started paying attention to the newest iterations, only to be very disappointed. They are almost all total vanilla.

ccffm1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
It reminds me of the current A6. I've been waiting to see this car, but now feel a let down.
Originally Posted by A Y
The outgoing model looks much better. --Andre
Originally Posted by bawlin
Their current offering(s) are so beyond bland, it makes me sick.
Exactly my thoughts. What Audi really needs isn´t another undistinctive, gimmicky car in their lineup, but improved reliability.

hrb

Reaction score
that was disappointing, i actually liked the previous body style. can't say the same about this one...also can't imagine buying one of these over an s550 but i suppose its just a matter of taste.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's been mentioned, but those front lights on Audis are getting reeeeeeeally cloying.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
It's been mentioned, but those front lights on Audis are getting reeeeeeeally cloying.
They looked really cool at first, but not so much anymore.

sushi7474

Reaction score
Somehow, I cannot really apprecite the "autotelic" LEDs in the headlights.
On the other hand, in A8 they at least look to be professionaly built, unlike in A4/ A6 where they look like from a DIY store...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads