• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A very special request.

Mitchell Torres

Reaction score
Hello ,

I have a most special request and I submit this special request with great hesitation and ultimate humility.

Allow me to preface my inquiry with a quick background story.

I am a twice diagnosed cancer patient, Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma and Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma. The Papillary component, while being cancerous is one of the slowest growing cancers - so it was not the worst diagnosis. The Anaplastic component was devastating. It is a hyper aggressive cancer that is known to metastasize in hours, I was given less than 30 days....that was January 2020

My treatments began immediately with 7 weeks of twice daily targeted radiation and weekly chemotherapy. My body was greatly affected by my treatments, since the radiation ablated my neck tissue and caused my esophagus to swell almost shut. I could only drink thin liquids and went almost 4 months without solid food - it was too painful to swallow. My body began shutting down, My eyesight began fading, my “bodily functions” began failing and I could barely walk on my own. Eventually I had a feeding tube placed and was able to supplement my nutritional intake. I ended up losing close to 120lbs (crappy diet plan but amazing results!) and in turn, I now have nothing that fits me properly - not even shoes.

During this ordeal came CV19 and cutbacks caused the loss of my employment. The combination of exorbitant medical bills and lack of income has erased my savings / retirement.

I was face slapped with the reality that life can be cut short any moment and we MUST enjoy every opportunity while we can - particularly if we think we are unable or are unwilling to. With this realization I began to appreciate just how important and how much I enjoy dressing well, it truly enriches my soul. Sadly, because of my financial situation, alongside my physical changes, I can not and it has affected me in ways I never thought possible. My level of worth is not what it once was and I have become very conscious of my appearance. I feel....off.

And so my question to the group - Do you know of any individuals, programs or companies that could assist me by donating or offering exceptional discounts?

If so please let me know as I would love to speak with them, and try to rebuild my professional, gentlemanly, and personal confidence.

Thank you in advance for your time and any consideration.

Sincerely,

Mitchell Torres

Edit: this thread is authorized by administrators. -LA Guy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads