or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Dumb things we see in the gym...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dumb things we see in the gym... - Page 11

post #151 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentySomthing View Post
True! I've only heard of that one though, haven't personally witnessed it though. It seems to me the practice of spitting is more common up North than it is in Shangers.

Ooh! Ooh! I've got another one!

Since Shanghai denizens just love wandering in public in their jammies, do you see them in the gym with their PJs?

Also since lining up is an alien concept imported in China just like opium, do you see a great mass rushing and barging to use the equipments and the bathroom?
post #152 of 219
There are a couple of muscle bound (or so they think..) guys at the gym who literally eat tuna in between sets so as to get their requisite amount of protein.
post #153 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScarf7 View Post
There are a couple of muscle bound (or so they think..) guys at the gym who literally eat tuna in between sets so as to get their requisite amount of protein.

damn, i wish i was that dedicated.
post #154 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScarf7 View Post
There are a couple of muscle bound (or so they think..) guys at the gym who literally eat tuna in between sets so as to get their requisite amount of protein.

Protein shake is better because liquids are easily digestable.
But I dont advocate eating in between sets because at a frenetic training pace, you are liable to hurl your cookies.
post #155 of 219
While resting in between my squat sets, I noticed a skinny black guy pacing around the gym doing absolutely nothing. Finally, he pulled up next to me, looked straight at the mirror, pulled up his shirt, stared at his abs for 10 seconds and proceeded to walk to the next mirror doing the same thing. After about thirty minutes of pacing and self-admiration, he walked out of the gym. What a joke.
post #156 of 219
Theres a guy at my work gym that uses three or four pieces of equipment and does one set on each, rotating around. he leaves his stuff on the equipment he uses to mark it and its always awkward asking if I can use it. When I see him walking around at work, I just want to pop him in the face.
post #157 of 219
^ You must go to fitness first
post #158 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_motion View Post
Theres a guy at my work gym that uses three or four pieces of equipment and does one set on each, rotating around. he leaves his stuff on the equipment he uses to mark it and its always awkward asking if I can use it. When I see him walking around at work, I just want to pop him in the face.

thats me.
post #159 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homme View Post
^ You must go to fitness first

Not fitness first. I wouldnt mind joining one day actually
Just wish this one guy would free up the equipment by taking his stuff with him as he moves along, and wait like the rest of us if he needs to go back to it.
it doesnt help that its a small gym too
post #160 of 219
I swear, a couple was humping / dry-humping the other night in the hot tub next to the fitness area of the hotel I'm staying at. Not that attractive, either of them, so I just continued my routine.
post #161 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_motion View Post
Not fitness first. I wouldnt mind joining one day actually
Just wish this one guy would free up the equipment by taking his stuff with him as he moves along, and wait like the rest of us if he needs to go back to it.
it doesnt help that its a small gym too

well, that is directly related to people who curl in the squat rack, or who spend 15 minutes on one station and rest between sets. I do 3 sets, 3-5 excersizes, and want to get out quick. so I set up the weights in each, and do my stuff. so, yeah, it can be annoying, but such is life.
post #162 of 219
^i take all the pins if i intend to use the crossover/cable station during the course of my day's training.

i also drink a 64 ounce whey/cassein shake during my workout and take BCAAs between sets.
post #163 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
^i take all the pins if i intend to use the crossover/cable station during the course of my day's training.

.

post #164 of 219
I was doing supersets of back (pull-ups) and chest (bench) the other day. I had commandeered the dip/pull-up stand and a bench. I noticed some skinny, little guy pacing back and forth looking at my stuff layed out on top of the bench while I was doing pull-ups. When I finished my superset and was walking back to the bench he looks at me and says in a huffy tone, "Its not very fair to use two sets of equipment at once!" Then he STORMED out of the room. What...a...bitch.
post #165 of 219
^here's my usual reply:

"no you cannot "work in" if you're going to strip plates off every fucking time."

was benching my usual incline sets of 365 when a teen asked if he could work in and proceeded to strip the bar down to 2 quarters every time i was done.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Dumb things we see in the gym...