You can order from the US site, just select United States as your location. The only catch is that postage is $55 which may or may not be material depending on what brands/products you're buying...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3374
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50597 of 679196/8/14 at 4:50pmpost #50598 of 679196/8/14 at 6:28pmpost #50599 of 679196/8/14 at 6:48pmpost #50600 of 679196/8/14 at 7:47pmpost #50601 of 679196/8/14 at 11:58pmpost #50602 of 679196/9/14 at 2:01ampost #50603 of 679196/9/14 at 2:13am
"A nods as good as a wink to a blind horse."
To a person who is ready to understand or undertake something, any subtle signalling of it is sufficient. The context is usually of some undertaking that is borderline illegal or of sexual innuendo.
This proverbial saying sounds as if it might be quite modern but it is in fact a 16th century phrase originating in England. The longer version of the phrase is 'a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse'. It might seem that this is just an elaboration of the shorter version, but it appears that the 'blind horse' version was in fact the original. The earliest examples of the proverb in print all give the fuller version, for example, in the Letters of the English lawyer and writer Joseph Ritson, February 1793:
A nod, you know, is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
It seems intuitive to interpret the longer version as meaning 'neither a nod nor a wink have any purpose, both being equally pointless'.post #50604 of 679196/9/14 at 2:21ampost #50605 of 679196/9/14 at 4:40amQuote:
Was worried my vintage tie might have been a bit too narrow, but it comes up OK. Nice one G.Quote:
Was a pleasure. What was the highlight, the old dole office or the abandoned clap clinic?post #50606 of 679196/9/14 at 6:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Thanasi
It's okay, I won't get you started. Thanks for your comments though. I don't trust assistants either which is why I hate shopping and why I come to this forum to get my information/answers.
Initially, the first assistant put me in a size that was too big and said that was best. I then took it a size down and found that was better.
I was told that because of my height (6'4"), that MJ Bale, or any other Off-the-rack brand would not suit and would most certainly require alterations. They said the exception was Anthony Squires.
Something that may fit you at DJS is Hardy Amies. They do a long fitting and quality wise are fine. Structured shoulder though. Good value on sale.post #50607 of 679196/9/14 at 5:06pmpost #50608 of 679196/9/14 at 8:17pmpost #50609 of 679196/9/14 at 10:32pmpost #50610 of 679196/10/14 at 12:20am
Herringbone has 25% off site wide and sale items up for anyone interested (discount can be stacked)
Use code salepreview14
I ended up grabbing that grey houndstooth this time as its even cheaper and I just have a feeling it might work for me as an odd jacket (as you guys said last time prob not but well see). The dark chocolate trench is tempting at that price too.
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 11 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 17 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 18 minutes ago
- › isizem 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...