You can order from the US site, just select United States as your location. The only catch is that postage is $55 which may or may not be material depending on what brands/products you're buying...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3374
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50597 of 634246/8/14 at 4:50pmpost #50598 of 634246/8/14 at 6:28pmpost #50599 of 634246/8/14 at 6:48pmpost #50600 of 634246/8/14 at 7:47pmpost #50601 of 634246/8/14 at 11:58pmpost #50602 of 634246/9/14 at 2:01ampost #50603 of 634246/9/14 at 2:13am
"A nods as good as a wink to a blind horse."
To a person who is ready to understand or undertake something, any subtle signalling of it is sufficient. The context is usually of some undertaking that is borderline illegal or of sexual innuendo.
This proverbial saying sounds as if it might be quite modern but it is in fact a 16th century phrase originating in England. The longer version of the phrase is 'a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse'. It might seem that this is just an elaboration of the shorter version, but it appears that the 'blind horse' version was in fact the original. The earliest examples of the proverb in print all give the fuller version, for example, in the Letters of the English lawyer and writer Joseph Ritson, February 1793:
A nod, you know, is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
It seems intuitive to interpret the longer version as meaning 'neither a nod nor a wink have any purpose, both being equally pointless'.post #50604 of 634246/9/14 at 2:21ampost #50605 of 634246/9/14 at 4:40amQuote:
Was worried my vintage tie might have been a bit too narrow, but it comes up OK. Nice one G.Quote:
Was a pleasure. What was the highlight, the old dole office or the abandoned clap clinic?post #50606 of 634246/9/14 at 6:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Thanasi
It's okay, I won't get you started. Thanks for your comments though. I don't trust assistants either which is why I hate shopping and why I come to this forum to get my information/answers.
Initially, the first assistant put me in a size that was too big and said that was best. I then took it a size down and found that was better.
I was told that because of my height (6'4"), that MJ Bale, or any other Off-the-rack brand would not suit and would most certainly require alterations. They said the exception was Anthony Squires.
Something that may fit you at DJS is Hardy Amies. They do a long fitting and quality wise are fine. Structured shoulder though. Good value on sale.post #50607 of 634246/9/14 at 5:06pmpost #50608 of 634246/9/14 at 8:17pmpost #50609 of 634246/9/14 at 10:32pmpost #50610 of 634246/10/14 at 12:20am
Herringbone has 25% off site wide and sale items up for anyone interested (discount can be stacked)
Use code salepreview14
I ended up grabbing that grey houndstooth this time as its even cheaper and I just have a feeling it might work for me as an odd jacket (as you guys said last time prob not but well see). The dark chocolate trench is tempting at that price too.
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › Compared to my friends, I'm failing in my career. How do I get back... 10 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 15 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...