or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1904

post #28546 of 54953
Oops noted should read wear hotter. Still getting used to typing and spell check on my shiney new Google nexus 7
post #28547 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


You have thinner blood than me! I gave my Harris Tweed jacket away the other week as I wasn't getting any wear out of it, even in the middle of winter.

 

The doctors have long suspected that I might have hypothyroidism, but the bloodwork and the (lack of) other symptoms don't match up.

 

My average body temperature is 34.5 degrees, almost 3 degrees lower than the average person.

 

That, and my tweeds are summer tweeds, and with almost no lining in the jackets, except for the sleeves.

post #28548 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejake View Post


Still looking for affordable (read under $100) dress belt options.

i just ordered a Trafalgar brown leather dress belt for under 90 shipped (used ship forwarding), will let you know if any good.
Edited by g-banger - 3/21/13 at 3:48pm
post #28549 of 54953

Just bought 3 new Drakes ties from eBay, can't wait to get them:

 

 

Top is navy/brown/white. Middle is navy/white. Bottom is obviously light green. Stoked with the top two, cautious and unsure on whether I can find something to wear the third with. Navy suit and white shirt perhaps? At $40 I thought it was worth a shot.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by g-banger View Post


i just ordered a Trafalgar brown leather dress belt for under 90 shipped (used ship forwarding), will let you know if any good.


Indeed, let me know.

post #28550 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

I don't understand how those HK boys ever wear heavy tweed in that climate. True some wear noted than others but still. I don't even get much wear outof my Donegal even in Melbourne in winter. So much so that like pop I'm thinking of getting rid of it.
Thick country knits are, like tweed, limited for most people in their practicality in this country.

My roll neck Aran knit was also given away a few years ago. Standing out in a paddock in Bowral in the middle of winter was about the only time I ever wore the thing. I recall the label said it was made in Ardara, just up the road from Donegal, as it happens. Probably a bit of a hint as to the climate these eponymous garments were made for!
post #28551 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

The doctors have long suspected that I might have hypothyroidism, but the bloodwork and the (lack of) other symptoms don't match up.

My average body temperature is 34.5 degrees, almost 3 degrees lower than the average person.

That, and my tweeds are summer tweeds, and with almost no lining in the jackets, except for the sleeves.

That's interesting. I was surprised to find that Japanese people have lower body temperatures than Western/Caucasian people, but I wonder if this also extends to people from other areas of Asia?

As an example, my wife (who is Japanese) has a normal body temperature of just over 36 degrees, and my children's temperatures are similar. So when one of them runs a temp of 39 degrees, they're actually about three degrees hotter than usual, instead of two degrees.

As a result of our difference in body temperatures, my wife and I have to have separate doonas/blankets. While I'm lying in bed sweating in summer, my wife will actually change into light tracksuit pants and a long-sleeved shirt to sleep, and tells me that she'll be cold if she doesn't - whilst I look on in disbelief!
post #28552 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

The doctors have long suspected that I might have hypothyroidism, but the bloodwork and the (lack of) other symptoms don't match up.

My average body temperature is 34.5 degrees, almost 3 degrees lower than the average person.

That, and my tweeds are summer tweeds, and with almost no lining in the jackets, except for the sleeves.

That's interesting. I was surprised to find that Japanese people have lower body temperatures than Western/Caucasian people, but I wonder if this also extends to people from other areas of Asia?

As an example, my wife (who is Japanese) has a normal body temperature of just over 36 degrees, and my children's temperatures are similar. So when one of them runs a temp of 39 degrees, they're actually about three degrees hotter than usual, instead of two degrees.

As a result of our difference in body temperatures, my wife and I have to have separate doonas/blankets. While I'm lying in bed sweating in summer, my wife will actually change into light tracksuit pants and a long-sleeved shirt to sleep, and tells me that she'll be cold if she doesn't - whilst I look on in disbelief!
post #28553 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


That's interesting. I was surprised to find that Japanese people have lower body temperatures than Western/Caucasian people, but I wonder if this also extends to people from other areas of Asia?

As an example, my wife (who is Japanese) has a normal body temperature of just over 36 degrees, and my children's temperatures are similar. So when one of them runs a temp of 39 degrees, they're actually about three degrees hotter than usual, instead of two degrees.

As a result of our difference in body temperatures, my wife and I have to have separate doonas/blankets. While I'm lying in bed sweating in summer, my wife will actually change into light tracksuit pants and a long-sleeved shirt to sleep, and tells me that she'll be cold if she doesn't - whilst I look on in disbelief!

 

Yep, when I'm at 37-38 degrees, I'm actually running more than a slight fever.

post #28554 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

The doctors have long suspected that I might have hypothyroidism, but the bloodwork and the (lack of) other symptoms don't match up.
My average body temperature is 34.5 degrees, almost 3 degrees lower than the average person.
That, and my tweeds are summer tweeds, and with almost no lining in the jackets, except for the sleeves.

Thats great.
You could get an official doctor's certificate to say you are COOL!
post #28555 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


Thats great.
You could get an official doctor's certificate to say you are COOL!

 

I didn't think of that. I spent all my time and energy and focus on trying to get validation from you, not certification from a doctor.

post #28556 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Thick country knits are, like tweed, limited for most people in their practicality in this country.

My roll neck Aran knit was also given away a few years ago. Standing out in a paddock in Bowral in the middle of winter was about the only time I ever wore the thing. I recall the label said it was made in Ardara, just up the road from Donegal, as it happens. Probably a bit of a hint as to the climate these eponymous garments were made for!

Even in Canberra and the Snowies my thicker knits only get fairly minimal wear, mainly because the wind tends to go right through them if your outside. I'm always fairly dressed down on the weekends in both winter and summer and find myself spending more and more time in my favourite down vest or jacket (puffy the puffer vest as I call it) layered over lighter knitwear with denim and chukka's. At night time sitting around a fire in Jindabyne though there's a certain appeal & romantacism of a thick woolly knit, if your that way inclined to head to the snow to ski (or in my case fly fish)
post #28557 of 54953
With us sharing heights, weights, body temps and squat stats - we're one dick pic away from this becoming Grindr. Let's keep it together, Aussie Members.
post #28558 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

With us sharing heights, weights, body temps and squat stats - we're one dick pic away from this becoming Grindr. Let's keep it together, Aussie Members.

post #28559 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post


Even in Canberra and the Snowies my thicker knits only get fairly minimal wear, mainly because the wind tends to go right through them if your outside. I'm always fairly dressed down on the weekends in both winter and summer and find myself spending more and more time in my favourite down vest or jacket (puffy the puffer vest as I call it) layered over lighter knitwear with denim and chukka's. At night time sitting around a fire in Jindabyne though there's a certain appeal & romantacism of a thick woolly knit, if your that way inclined to head to the snow to ski (or in my case fly fish)

 

I just want to wear thick knits all the time.

 

Bloody Australian heat :(.

post #28560 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

I bought my first pair with a wire transfer through Commbank. I caught them doing free wire transfers for anything not AUD, which offset the crappy rates, plus it was easy. I'd be surprised if Rezso wasn't happy to take USD, but I agree you'd be better off trying to find someone who does Euro. Let me know if you find anything which will beat your bank.

guys i work for an FX company that is opening its offices soon in Australia, we are well aware of the poor rates and high charges that banks charge and we would be able to help all of you guys with your fashion purchases overseas, as long as you all have corporate accounts......

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members