With the current job market I can't envision buying a car younger than 10 years old let alone a house :(
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1838post #27556 of 679463/4/13 at 2:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27557 of 679463/4/13 at 2:43amQuote:
Ideal. Location.post #27558 of 679463/4/13 at 2:45amQuote:
I've never been to Seoul, but I've got to say that I can't really imagine the centre of Tokyo, including places like Shinjuku, Roppongi and Shibuya, ever being described as "super tranquil" and "zen"!post #27559 of 679463/4/13 at 2:49amQuote:
buy 2nd hand - i do it and watches dont really lose value in the 2nd hand market - i trade them before they need a service and save on servicing costs too:)Quote:Originally Posted by The Upright Man
Speaking of popovers, I received mine today and love it too. However, I wanted some feedback on the fit.
What does everyone think about the waist? It is a bit loose (actually looser than it appears in the photo) but I suppose that's the look... I wanted to avoid putting darts in the back unless it's absolutely necessary.
Id agree the sleeves are a tad long but the body looks good, especially on your shoulders/chest. A popover inherently needs to have some room to get over your head without being baggy.
Re: sleeves can you ask your mum/gf/wife/person with sewing ability to move the button position slightly? making it tighter in the sleeve with raise where it sits on your wrist and save the need to shorten it. Ive been wearing mine over summer so Ive been rolling sleeves untucked with shorts and loafers but in winter id wear it exactly as you dopost #27560 of 679463/4/13 at 2:56ampost #27561 of 679463/4/13 at 3:17ampost #27562 of 679463/4/13 at 3:17amMy popover fits perfectly all round. Thanks for modelling it off me, Rob, much appreciated!
Sleeve length, everything. It'll even double in winter as a shirt I can wear under sweaters. No-one'll notice that it's a popoverpost #27563 of 679463/4/13 at 3:45amQuote:Originally Posted by LonerMatt
Anyone ever been to Seoul?
Considering a quick (1 week - 10 days) holiday in one place (ie just one city, I hate rushed traveling.
Was considering Japan, again, but Seoul's a bit cheaper to fly to.
Other options are basically anywhere in Australia, SE Asia, NZ, or even India.
Likely on my own, though.
I've been to Seoul and didn't enjoy it but I wasn't on holiday.. Much preferred Japan, sg, hk over Seoul but everyone has own experienceQuote:
Lol it's coz we are same sizepost #27564 of 679463/4/13 at 4:14ampost #27565 of 679463/4/13 at 4:20ampost #27566 of 679463/4/13 at 12:15pmpost #27567 of 679463/4/13 at 1:09pmQuote:
i know how you feel mike - 2Br unit around coggee/randwick easily 550-600k! my old man was selling them for around 75k back in the day.
meanwhile, has anyone tried Gelato Messina?post #27568 of 679463/4/13 at 2:09pmpost #27569 of 679463/4/13 at 2:27pmYou don't get a lot for the money though, maybe that's what G-banger is getting at. If you make under 85k a year then it doesn't leave too much in the pocket for shoo purchases! And if you want a family and backyard forget it. I guess that's part and parcel of inner city living though.
Canberra is expensive enough but we have a high average income here (too many public servants). Where I live just across the border is catching up too lately, but we paid 450k for our fully renovated 3 bedroom house with a huge backyard 18 months ago. It'd be up around 485 now, same thing in Canberra would be about 550-600 depending on location.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 27 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 28 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 52 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 2 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?