With the current job market I can't envision buying a car younger than 10 years old let alone a house :(
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1838post #27556 of 679463/4/13 at 2:42ampost #27557 of 679463/4/13 at 2:43amQuote:
Ideal. Location.post #27558 of 679463/4/13 at 2:45amQuote:
I've never been to Seoul, but I've got to say that I can't really imagine the centre of Tokyo, including places like Shinjuku, Roppongi and Shibuya, ever being described as "super tranquil" and "zen"!post #27559 of 679463/4/13 at 2:49amQuote:
buy 2nd hand - i do it and watches dont really lose value in the 2nd hand market - i trade them before they need a service and save on servicing costs too:)Quote:Originally Posted by The Upright Man
Speaking of popovers, I received mine today and love it too. However, I wanted some feedback on the fit.
What does everyone think about the waist? It is a bit loose (actually looser than it appears in the photo) but I suppose that's the look... I wanted to avoid putting darts in the back unless it's absolutely necessary.
Id agree the sleeves are a tad long but the body looks good, especially on your shoulders/chest. A popover inherently needs to have some room to get over your head without being baggy.
Re: sleeves can you ask your mum/gf/wife/person with sewing ability to move the button position slightly? making it tighter in the sleeve with raise where it sits on your wrist and save the need to shorten it. Ive been wearing mine over summer so Ive been rolling sleeves untucked with shorts and loafers but in winter id wear it exactly as you dopost #27560 of 679463/4/13 at 2:56ampost #27561 of 679463/4/13 at 3:17ampost #27562 of 679463/4/13 at 3:17amMy popover fits perfectly all round. Thanks for modelling it off me, Rob, much appreciated!
Sleeve length, everything. It'll even double in winter as a shirt I can wear under sweaters. No-one'll notice that it's a popoverpost #27563 of 679463/4/13 at 3:45amQuote:Originally Posted by LonerMatt
Anyone ever been to Seoul?
Considering a quick (1 week - 10 days) holiday in one place (ie just one city, I hate rushed traveling.
Was considering Japan, again, but Seoul's a bit cheaper to fly to.
Other options are basically anywhere in Australia, SE Asia, NZ, or even India.
Likely on my own, though.
I've been to Seoul and didn't enjoy it but I wasn't on holiday.. Much preferred Japan, sg, hk over Seoul but everyone has own experienceQuote:
Lol it's coz we are same sizepost #27564 of 679463/4/13 at 4:14ampost #27565 of 679463/4/13 at 4:20ampost #27566 of 679463/4/13 at 12:15pmpost #27567 of 679463/4/13 at 1:09pmQuote:
i know how you feel mike - 2Br unit around coggee/randwick easily 550-600k! my old man was selling them for around 75k back in the day.
meanwhile, has anyone tried Gelato Messina?post #27568 of 679463/4/13 at 2:09pmpost #27569 of 679463/4/13 at 2:27pmYou don't get a lot for the money though, maybe that's what G-banger is getting at. If you make under 85k a year then it doesn't leave too much in the pocket for shoo purchases! And if you want a family and backyard forget it. I guess that's part and parcel of inner city living though.
Canberra is expensive enough but we have a high average income here (too many public servants). Where I live just across the border is catching up too lately, but we paid 450k for our fully renovated 3 bedroom house with a huge backyard 18 months ago. It'd be up around 485 now, same thing in Canberra would be about 550-600 depending on location.post #27570 of 679463/4/13 at 2:34pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 59 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Italian-made BELFIORE classic man shoe 8.5 (MILAN) 11 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts