With the current job market I can't envision buying a car younger than 10 years old let alone a house :(
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1838post #27556 of 610593/4/13 at 2:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27557 of 610593/4/13 at 2:43amQuote:
Ideal. Location.post #27558 of 610593/4/13 at 2:45amQuote:
I've never been to Seoul, but I've got to say that I can't really imagine the centre of Tokyo, including places like Shinjuku, Roppongi and Shibuya, ever being described as "super tranquil" and "zen"!post #27559 of 610593/4/13 at 2:49amQuote:
buy 2nd hand - i do it and watches dont really lose value in the 2nd hand market - i trade them before they need a service and save on servicing costs too:)Quote:Originally Posted by The Upright Man
Speaking of popovers, I received mine today and love it too. However, I wanted some feedback on the fit.
What does everyone think about the waist? It is a bit loose (actually looser than it appears in the photo) but I suppose that's the look... I wanted to avoid putting darts in the back unless it's absolutely necessary.
Id agree the sleeves are a tad long but the body looks good, especially on your shoulders/chest. A popover inherently needs to have some room to get over your head without being baggy.
Re: sleeves can you ask your mum/gf/wife/person with sewing ability to move the button position slightly? making it tighter in the sleeve with raise where it sits on your wrist and save the need to shorten it. Ive been wearing mine over summer so Ive been rolling sleeves untucked with shorts and loafers but in winter id wear it exactly as you dopost #27560 of 610593/4/13 at 2:56ampost #27561 of 610593/4/13 at 3:17ampost #27562 of 610593/4/13 at 3:17ampost #27563 of 610593/4/13 at 3:45amQuote:Originally Posted by LonerMatt
Anyone ever been to Seoul?
Considering a quick (1 week - 10 days) holiday in one place (ie just one city, I hate rushed traveling.
Was considering Japan, again, but Seoul's a bit cheaper to fly to.
Other options are basically anywhere in Australia, SE Asia, NZ, or even India.
Likely on my own, though.
I've been to Seoul and didn't enjoy it but I wasn't on holiday.. Much preferred Japan, sg, hk over Seoul but everyone has own experienceQuote:
Lol it's coz we are same sizepost #27564 of 610593/4/13 at 4:14ampost #27565 of 610593/4/13 at 4:20ampost #27566 of 610593/4/13 at 12:15pmpost #27567 of 610593/4/13 at 1:09pmQuote:
i know how you feel mike - 2Br unit around coggee/randwick easily 550-600k! my old man was selling them for around 75k back in the day.
meanwhile, has anyone tried Gelato Messina?post #27568 of 610593/4/13 at 2:09pmpost #27569 of 610593/4/13 at 2:27pmYou don't get a lot for the money though, maybe that's what G-banger is getting at. If you make under 85k a year then it doesn't leave too much in the pocket for shoo purchases! And if you want a family and backyard forget it. I guess that's part and parcel of inner city living though.
Canberra is expensive enough but we have a high average income here (too many public servants). Where I live just across the border is catching up too lately, but we paid 450k for our fully renovated 3 bedroom house with a huge backyard 18 months ago. It'd be up around 485 now, same thing in Canberra would be about 550-600 depending on location.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 46 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan