or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread - Page 44

post #646 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Wow - not just tighten back up - these are smaller than when I hot soaked them the first time. Length came up another inch-and-a-half too. They fit like a slim-straight now. Great change. (Pics still to come)

can you do a before/after?
post #647 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioneironaut View Post

Just out of curiosity, did you buy the O/W or raw? I have O/W 009 that have yet to see water from me, curious if there will be shrinkage like you say. looking forward to pics!

Probably not much. PBJ O/W is shrunk down a lot compared to raw, so there shouldn't much shrinkage left if any. IIRC, Gordon told me that the PBJ O/W is tumble dried as well, so that gets more shrinkage out of the way.
post #648 of 1032
Here's an older one from July or so, about 3 months in (with only a single hot soak):

595

Here are most recent fit pics of my 009s, after their first wash.

467

467

467

467
post #649 of 1032
i have a pair of 007s in one wash, size 29 that have been worn for about two weeks.

any potential interest?
post #650 of 1032
007s just came. Loving them. I won't bore you with a fit pic but I will make you lust after their slubby goodness.

6602177645_7ecc69e1ed_b.jpg
PBJxx007 Porn by bgibb187, on Flickr
post #651 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoogsby View Post

007s just came. Loving them. I won't bore you with a fit pic but I will make you lust after their slubby goodness.
6602177645_7ecc69e1ed_b.jpg
PBJxx007 Porn by bgibb187, on Flickr

I approve of this post. Glad you like them.
post #652 of 1032
I'm about to pull the trigger on some xx-003's, but I can't decide between raw and OW.

I have big thighs/butt-- I just grew out of my NS Weird Guys (36), so I'm looking for something a little more relaxed in the thigh area.

Any suggestions on whether I should get the raw 36 (38.5w, 14 thigh), or the OW 40 (39 w, 14.25 thigh)?
post #653 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli88 View Post

I'm about to pull the trigger on some xx-003's, but I can't decide between raw and OW.
I have big thighs/butt-- I just grew out of my NS Weird Guys (36), so I'm looking for something a little more relaxed in the thigh area.
Any suggestions on whether I should get the raw 36 (38.5w, 14 thigh), or the OW 40 (39 w, 14.25 thigh)?

The xx003s are AMAZING denim. You won't be disappointed quality wise. But you're right that fit can make or break a jean.

The one wash jeans won't shrink any further down from the listed measurement. That's baseline. You can control how much a given raw shrinks down by how you wash/soak it, but even that can shrink down further if you make an error, or whatever (I have sad experience of thighs getting too small on a 007 that I had to pass on).

What do you measure? Knowing this would make it easier to call on whether you have room for the inevitable shrinkage, or if the O/W is your sure bet.
post #654 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

The xx003s are AMAZING denim. You won't be disappointed quality wise. But you're right that fit can make or break a jean.
The one wash jeans won't shrink any further down from the listed measurement. That's baseline. You can control how much a given raw shrinks down by how you wash/soak it, but even that can shrink down further if you make an error, or whatever (I have sad experience of thighs getting too small on a 007 that I had to pass on).
What do you measure? Knowing this would make it easier to call on whether you have room for the inevitable shrinkage, or if the O/W is your sure bet.

Thanks. My thighs are ~26, and my waist is ~37.
post #655 of 1032
Quick pic after first wash on my 12 month one wash xx-011's

525
post #656 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli88 View Post

Thanks. My thighs are ~26, and my waist is ~37.

I would say the raw 36 should be ok. The waist on the O/W 40 will only stretch out, eventually becoming far too baggy. I personally have a waist of 34 and sized down one on my xx009s (same cut as the 003s) without any problem.

I would personally go with a 38 though, inasmuch as it says that a o/w 36 should shrink to a 13inch thigh, thus hitting you right at your 26inch measurement. You're entering dangerous water there.
post #657 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli88 View Post

I'm about to pull the trigger on some xx-003's, but I can't decide between raw and OW.
I have big thighs/butt-- I just grew out of my NS Weird Guys (36), so I'm looking for something a little more relaxed in the thigh area.
Any suggestions on whether I should get the raw 36 (38.5w, 14 thigh), or the OW 40 (39 w, 14.25 thigh)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

I would say the raw 36 should be ok. The waist on the O/W 40 will only stretch out, eventually becoming far too baggy. I personally have a waist of 34 and sized down one on my xx009s (same cut as the 003s) without any problem.
I would personally go with a 38 though, inasmuch as it says that a o/w 36 should shrink to a 13inch thigh, thus hitting you right at your 26inch measurement. You're entering dangerous water there.

I agree, the 36 will be better. I think the 40 will end up being way to loose in the waist, considering how much PBJ denim tends to stretch.
post #658 of 1032
I think I'm gonna go with the Raw 36 or OW 38. I like wearing my denim raw without any soaks/washes for as long as possible, so I figure when I do wash them in 6 months I can wear them in the tub to minimize the shrinking. Even if the thigh shrinks to 13, I've heard the denim is rather loose, so I think I should be fine with some stretching. I don't mind tightness in the thigh-- I'm just looking for more room in the seat.

Can't wait to get them!
post #659 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli88 View Post

I think I'm gonna go with the Raw 36 or OW 38. I like wearing my denim raw without any soaks/washes for as long as possible, so I figure when I do wash them in 6 months I can wear them in the tub to minimize the shrinking. Even if the thigh shrinks to 13, I've heard the denim is rather loose, so I think I should be fine with some stretching. I don't mind tightness in the thigh-- I'm just looking for more room in the seat.
Can't wait to get them!

The denim is loose, but you might want to hot soak anyway before you start wearing them a lot. Remember, the inseam is going to shrink up 2-3", and that will change the position of your fades if you don't soak before wearing.
post #660 of 1032
cell phone shot of some grubby slubby excellence.

self-waxed 007s
1123501
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread