No it's not a bargain.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 5:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 4:22 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1140post #17086 of 310668/25/12 at 5:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17087 of 310668/25/12 at 9:34ampost #17088 of 310668/25/12 at 9:43ampost #17089 of 310668/25/12 at 10:23ampost #17090 of 310668/25/12 at 10:28amQuote:Originally Posted by jbernardQuote:Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique
If I order a suit online, how will I know how well it will fit? Seems like a crap shoot to me, even with measurements.
Also, I need to buy a suit now and have it alterable for when I gain a bit of muscle, should I be sizing up for this like one size or would that look ridiculous?
Suit noob here, come at me bros.
Also, if I get a dark gray suit (charcoal/gunmetal) would it look bad to wear a steel colored hat? Would I need to wear it with a medium gray suit to better match? Hat noob, too.
If you are buying an off-the-rack suit it is kind of a hit or miss. It would be best to do a made-to-measure such as blacklapel.com. But if you don't want to spend that much money, either go to a store and try on a few suits to see what size you want. Make sure the website you buy the suit from has a return policy.
For gaining muscle, it depends on how much you want/realistically expect to gain. Don't get a slim fit suit, as gaining inches will make this suit to small. If you get a tailored fit (please do not get traditional fit) you will be able to gain some weight, and you can get it taken out an inch or so.
Ugh, sites like blacklapel.com (really? black lapel?) contribute to the confusion. "Traditional" and "tailored" are not mutually exclusive.post #17091 of 310668/25/12 at 1:58pmI just bought a Jack Victor charcoal 2-button suit, fits great. $700 including tailoring; getting it brought in in the middle, getting the sleeves shortened, getting an inch off the waist and getting the pants hemmed with a slight break. Expensive but great customer service where I went and I need at least one nice suit. Not as slim as I want it but I realized that's because I'm not a slim dude, too much muscle hahaha.
Place I went gets shirts made too, so I'll probably get one made right now. It's only $165.
Thanks for the tips guys.post #17092 of 310668/25/12 at 3:38pmpost #17093 of 310668/26/12 at 1:41am
I'll likely start a thread for this after a point, but I'd just like to know whether anyone has any recommendations for new Fall/Winter trenchcoats that are currently available.
(I'm looking for a long beige/tan coat that's either slim-fitting or classic à la Alain Delon's piece in Le samourai: http://cdn.styleforum.net/8/85/85e0212c_le-samouraicc88-2.png and http://www.dvdactive.com/images/reviews/screenshot/2007/7/2.jpg)
Please let me know if you have any ideas, guys.post #17094 of 310668/26/12 at 4:44ampost #17095 of 310668/26/12 at 9:05ampost #17096 of 310668/26/12 at 9:17ampost #17097 of 310668/26/12 at 9:20ampost #17098 of 310668/26/12 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic ManQuote:Originally Posted by aw82
My question is about a trouser wardrobe for a business casual or slightly dressier environment, where suits are only worn once a week or every other week. All the lists of essentials specify a pair of mid-grey wool, crisp khakis, and dark denim. Some also include chinos. Leaving out chinos, three pairs of pants doesn't seem adequate.
So the question is, do you have two pairs of each or do you supplement with other colors?
If you need more variety, or simply need more than three pairs of trousers to wear during the week, you can go with different textures of material or different patterns. Other colors are fine too, although if it is a conservative environment I would ensure that you don't go too wild. Think like olive wool trousers, brown chinos, even a pair of slim fitting pinstripe trousers. Be careful with that last one though as it can tend to look like you are wearing suit trousers that you lost the jacket for.
So I picked up a pair of light grey wool trousers. A bit lighter than I wanted but all I could find in my size at Nordstrom Rack (JB Britches flat fronts, $80). Interested in thoughts on the brand before I have them tailored.
I have another question about trousers...when people say khakis are essential, does this typically mean khaki colored wool or khaki chinos?post #17099 of 310668/26/12 at 2:04pmLooking for a versatile casual driver (prefer suede) to wear with shorts and chinos (or other cotton trousers), any suggestions on specific shoes, brands, or sites to look on? Does a suede make it more casual? Hoping for something in the $100-$150 price point, but willing to spend more if I really need to.
Similar to these:
Polo Ralph Lauren 'Telly' Driving Loafer
Prada Suede Driving Shoe
Cole Haan 'Air Grant' Driving Loaferpost #17100 of 310668/26/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
Should I pick these "Wurkin Stiffs" collar stays for the perfect roll or do MC'ers have a better suggestion? Price is not really an issue but I do not need something like sterling silver etc. Just something that will work and give the ideal collar roll.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 13 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 17 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 21 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 22 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 28 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 32 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...