Does anyone have a seamstress they can recommend in Phoenix/Scottsdale?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1140post #17086 of 321738/25/12 at 9:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17087 of 321738/25/12 at 10:23ampost #17088 of 321738/25/12 at 10:28amQuote:Originally Posted by jbernardQuote:Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique
If I order a suit online, how will I know how well it will fit? Seems like a crap shoot to me, even with measurements.
Also, I need to buy a suit now and have it alterable for when I gain a bit of muscle, should I be sizing up for this like one size or would that look ridiculous?
Suit noob here, come at me bros.
Also, if I get a dark gray suit (charcoal/gunmetal) would it look bad to wear a steel colored hat? Would I need to wear it with a medium gray suit to better match? Hat noob, too.
If you are buying an off-the-rack suit it is kind of a hit or miss. It would be best to do a made-to-measure such as blacklapel.com. But if you don't want to spend that much money, either go to a store and try on a few suits to see what size you want. Make sure the website you buy the suit from has a return policy.
For gaining muscle, it depends on how much you want/realistically expect to gain. Don't get a slim fit suit, as gaining inches will make this suit to small. If you get a tailored fit (please do not get traditional fit) you will be able to gain some weight, and you can get it taken out an inch or so.
Ugh, sites like blacklapel.com (really? black lapel?) contribute to the confusion. "Traditional" and "tailored" are not mutually exclusive.post #17089 of 321738/25/12 at 1:58pmI just bought a Jack Victor charcoal 2-button suit, fits great. $700 including tailoring; getting it brought in in the middle, getting the sleeves shortened, getting an inch off the waist and getting the pants hemmed with a slight break. Expensive but great customer service where I went and I need at least one nice suit. Not as slim as I want it but I realized that's because I'm not a slim dude, too much muscle hahaha.
Place I went gets shirts made too, so I'll probably get one made right now. It's only $165.
Thanks for the tips guys.post #17090 of 321738/25/12 at 3:38pmpost #17091 of 321738/26/12 at 1:41am
I'll likely start a thread for this after a point, but I'd just like to know whether anyone has any recommendations for new Fall/Winter trenchcoats that are currently available.
(I'm looking for a long beige/tan coat that's either slim-fitting or classic à la Alain Delon's piece in Le samourai: http://cdn.styleforum.net/8/85/85e0212c_le-samouraicc88-2.png and http://www.dvdactive.com/images/reviews/screenshot/2007/7/2.jpg)
Please let me know if you have any ideas, guys.post #17092 of 321738/26/12 at 4:44ampost #17093 of 321738/26/12 at 9:05ampost #17094 of 321738/26/12 at 9:17ampost #17095 of 321738/26/12 at 9:20ampost #17096 of 321738/26/12 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic ManQuote:Originally Posted by aw82
My question is about a trouser wardrobe for a business casual or slightly dressier environment, where suits are only worn once a week or every other week. All the lists of essentials specify a pair of mid-grey wool, crisp khakis, and dark denim. Some also include chinos. Leaving out chinos, three pairs of pants doesn't seem adequate.
So the question is, do you have two pairs of each or do you supplement with other colors?
If you need more variety, or simply need more than three pairs of trousers to wear during the week, you can go with different textures of material or different patterns. Other colors are fine too, although if it is a conservative environment I would ensure that you don't go too wild. Think like olive wool trousers, brown chinos, even a pair of slim fitting pinstripe trousers. Be careful with that last one though as it can tend to look like you are wearing suit trousers that you lost the jacket for.
So I picked up a pair of light grey wool trousers. A bit lighter than I wanted but all I could find in my size at Nordstrom Rack (JB Britches flat fronts, $80). Interested in thoughts on the brand before I have them tailored.
I have another question about trousers...when people say khakis are essential, does this typically mean khaki colored wool or khaki chinos?post #17097 of 321738/26/12 at 2:04pmLooking for a versatile casual driver (prefer suede) to wear with shorts and chinos (or other cotton trousers), any suggestions on specific shoes, brands, or sites to look on? Does a suede make it more casual? Hoping for something in the $100-$150 price point, but willing to spend more if I really need to.
Similar to these:
Polo Ralph Lauren 'Telly' Driving Loafer
Prada Suede Driving Shoe
Cole Haan 'Air Grant' Driving Loaferpost #17098 of 321738/26/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
Should I pick these "Wurkin Stiffs" collar stays for the perfect roll or do MC'ers have a better suggestion? Price is not really an issue but I do not need something like sterling silver etc. Just something that will work and give the ideal collar roll.
bumppost #17099 of 321738/26/12 at 3:08pmpost #17100 of 321738/26/12 at 4:23pm
I've been hunting watches for a while, but being a student and with the exchange rate as it is at the moment, my budget is seriously limited.
After loads of searching this forum and others, it seems that these are really not very durable. I really love the design, suits my style and my personality.
So after some deliberation I have been looking at the Seiko automatics. Far from the lovely slim Skagen, but perhaps a worthy contender? I hunted around on Amazon and found this baby on special.
Still a pretty fine looking time piece (bar the date, which seems hamfisted), but looking at the strap, I am guessing that I'd not be able to swap around much, if at all? Hopefully I am wrong.
Perhaps not a direct question, but can anyone share any opinions, knowledge or recommendations here? Once again, my budget is tight, and I'd max out at $100.
Thanks for your time :)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 11 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...