Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:18 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1020post #15286 of 317366/8/12 at 10:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15287 of 317366/8/12 at 10:38amQuote:Originally Posted by CalTex
I had my tailor dart all of my OCBD shirts but he left the back middle pleat (I believe that is the proper term) as is. I want the back middle pleat undone, should that be hard for him? It is really bothering me and it takes about 15 shirts out of my rotation. These are shirts I wear to class, so they are typically untucked; how long should the shirts be?
I am also looking for a trousers to wear in the summer, any recommendations? 300 USD limit.
My seamstress also took out the box pleat and darted my OCBD. It should not be a problem for a seamstress unless it's an irregular box pleat.
I think the rule on length is that it should fall near the middle of your bottom/pant/jean zipper.post #15288 of 317366/8/12 at 2:17pmpost #15289 of 317366/8/12 at 7:35pmQuote:
really took out the box pleat? wouldn't she have to take apart the shirt across the entire yoke to do that? seems like a lot of work instead of just getting unpleated shirts to begin with.post #15290 of 317366/8/12 at 7:58pmQuote:
Agreed, makes no sense.
If one picks up a shirt with a box pleat and looks at the construction it becomes apparent that this is a major undertaking. In addition to taking apart the yoke, the tailor would have to redo the arm seam and the side seam. Anything can be done, but this is going to screw up the whole shirt.post #15291 of 317366/8/12 at 8:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Steve Smith
Agreed, makes no sense.
If one picks up a shirt with a box pleat and looks at the construction it becomes apparent that this is a major undertaking. In addition to taking apart the yoke, the tailor would have to redo the arm seam and the side seam. Anything can be done, but this is going to screw up the whole shirt.
I think it fits fine and i was only charged $15 for the alteration.post #15292 of 317366/9/12 at 1:49ampost #15293 of 317366/9/12 at 1:55amHey guys - just picked up a smaller Corneliani jacket based off of measurements. Obviously the sleeves are too short and I think they can be let out but what do you think of the overall size of the jacket - any other comments?
EDIT: The jacket is unstructured, almost no padding on the shoulders and is only half lined up top.post #15294 of 317366/9/12 at 5:52amQuote:Originally Posted by david3558
Hey guys - just picked up a smaller Corneliani jacket based off of measurements. Obviously the sleeves are too short and I think they can be let out but what do you think of the overall size of the jacket - any other comments?
EDIT: The jacket is unstructured, almost no padding on the shoulders and is only half lined up top.
I think the jacket itself might be a bit short, not just the sleeves.
ETA: Where does the first (fastened) button sit in relation to your belly button?
Edited by msulinski - 6/9/12 at 7:42ampost #15295 of 317366/9/12 at 12:47pmAnyone know where can I stock up on some decent-quality, solid-colored pocket squares with somewhat thick colored borders in a variety of colors? I've checked Kent Wang's site and the ones I want I already have. No go on Paul Smith, Barney's, ASW, etc. Just picked up a Drake's from Mr. Porter. Besides that, though, not sure where else to look. Are there no go-to spots for nice squares? Do I have to luck out on the "nicer" ones as usual?
Also, does a thinner border equate to a higher level of formality, and thicker the opposite? Or does it not matter? Maybe it's just me, but the PS the guy is wearing below seems perfect for a sportsjacket (which is also what I'm looking for), but I feel would be a bit "much" for a suit. What do you guys say?post #15296 of 317366/9/12 at 12:49pmpost #15297 of 317366/9/12 at 5:42pmpost #15298 of 317366/9/12 at 6:48pmBeen a long time since I posted, hello SF
I used to purchase a lot of clothes and find myself having to budget more these days. Have not bought much since 08/09 in the way of dress shirts. I need to refresh my collection due to work elbow destroyed shirts (now made into short sleeve casuals).
I am still fairly particular about my clothes. I would like to get something along the lines of Borelli/Purple Label/Fray/Isaia/Barba but dont have the time to hunt for bargains in the outlets. Most of my collection is Borrelli and Barba. I have custom shirts from So my questions are:
1. Any good eBay sellers around the 99 mark? I know much can be had at the 129-169 mark but want to try and stay under a 100. I know the old go to sites like virtualclotheshorse, ehaberdasher, Shopethefinest but looks like shirts are in the 150 range.
2. I many just go custom. I have had shirts made from Victor Talbots probably wont be going to them http://www.victortalbots.com/, Ascot Chang, Geneva (one of the better customs I have) and CEGO. I am leaning towards Geneva. Their construction was probably the best along with Ascot. CEGO made a great shirt as well. Geneva will put me in the 200 range a shirt I think, any recent experience someone can share? I don't need top notch fabric so hope I can stay around the 200 mark.
3. Jantzen- Remember good things about Ricky and this site. Never ordered. Well I think I ordered a linen one and never got it, gave up. Anyone have recent experiences that would care to share? Would be great to get a good bulk of my everyday shirts at a 50-60 price point.
Thanks in advance.
ps: Hi to my old SF pals if you are around Ed Morel (spelling) Andrew and may others I forgetpost #15299 of 317366/9/12 at 9:48pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Currently, there are 1458 Active Users (363 Members and 1095 Guests)
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › ONE MAN WALKS ALONE -- The Incredible True Story of How OLIVER... 4 minutes ago
- › New York Consignment & Social Booze Trip 10.3.15 4 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories