Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 7:20 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1020post #15286 of 301156/8/12 at 10:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15287 of 301156/8/12 at 10:38amQuote:Originally Posted by CalTex
I had my tailor dart all of my OCBD shirts but he left the back middle pleat (I believe that is the proper term) as is. I want the back middle pleat undone, should that be hard for him? It is really bothering me and it takes about 15 shirts out of my rotation. These are shirts I wear to class, so they are typically untucked; how long should the shirts be?
I am also looking for a trousers to wear in the summer, any recommendations? 300 USD limit.
My seamstress also took out the box pleat and darted my OCBD. It should not be a problem for a seamstress unless it's an irregular box pleat.
I think the rule on length is that it should fall near the middle of your bottom/pant/jean zipper.post #15288 of 301156/8/12 at 2:17pmpost #15289 of 301156/8/12 at 7:35pmQuote:
really took out the box pleat? wouldn't she have to take apart the shirt across the entire yoke to do that? seems like a lot of work instead of just getting unpleated shirts to begin with.post #15290 of 301156/8/12 at 7:58pmQuote:
Agreed, makes no sense.
If one picks up a shirt with a box pleat and looks at the construction it becomes apparent that this is a major undertaking. In addition to taking apart the yoke, the tailor would have to redo the arm seam and the side seam. Anything can be done, but this is going to screw up the whole shirt.post #15291 of 301156/8/12 at 8:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Steve Smith
Agreed, makes no sense.
If one picks up a shirt with a box pleat and looks at the construction it becomes apparent that this is a major undertaking. In addition to taking apart the yoke, the tailor would have to redo the arm seam and the side seam. Anything can be done, but this is going to screw up the whole shirt.
I think it fits fine and i was only charged $15 for the alteration.post #15292 of 301156/9/12 at 1:49ampost #15293 of 301156/9/12 at 1:55amHey guys - just picked up a smaller Corneliani jacket based off of measurements. Obviously the sleeves are too short and I think they can be let out but what do you think of the overall size of the jacket - any other comments?
EDIT: The jacket is unstructured, almost no padding on the shoulders and is only half lined up top.post #15294 of 301156/9/12 at 5:52amQuote:Originally Posted by david3558
Hey guys - just picked up a smaller Corneliani jacket based off of measurements. Obviously the sleeves are too short and I think they can be let out but what do you think of the overall size of the jacket - any other comments?
EDIT: The jacket is unstructured, almost no padding on the shoulders and is only half lined up top.
I think the jacket itself might be a bit short, not just the sleeves.
ETA: Where does the first (fastened) button sit in relation to your belly button?
Edited by msulinski - 6/9/12 at 7:42ampost #15295 of 301156/9/12 at 12:47pmAnyone know where can I stock up on some decent-quality, solid-colored pocket squares with somewhat thick colored borders in a variety of colors? I've checked Kent Wang's site and the ones I want I already have. No go on Paul Smith, Barney's, ASW, etc. Just picked up a Drake's from Mr. Porter. Besides that, though, not sure where else to look. Are there no go-to spots for nice squares? Do I have to luck out on the "nicer" ones as usual?
Also, does a thinner border equate to a higher level of formality, and thicker the opposite? Or does it not matter? Maybe it's just me, but the PS the guy is wearing below seems perfect for a sportsjacket (which is also what I'm looking for), but I feel would be a bit "much" for a suit. What do you guys say?post #15296 of 301156/9/12 at 12:49pmpost #15297 of 301156/9/12 at 5:42pmpost #15298 of 301156/9/12 at 6:48pmBeen a long time since I posted, hello SF
I used to purchase a lot of clothes and find myself having to budget more these days. Have not bought much since 08/09 in the way of dress shirts. I need to refresh my collection due to work elbow destroyed shirts (now made into short sleeve casuals).
I am still fairly particular about my clothes. I would like to get something along the lines of Borelli/Purple Label/Fray/Isaia/Barba but dont have the time to hunt for bargains in the outlets. Most of my collection is Borrelli and Barba. I have custom shirts from So my questions are:
1. Any good eBay sellers around the 99 mark? I know much can be had at the 129-169 mark but want to try and stay under a 100. I know the old go to sites like virtualclotheshorse, ehaberdasher, Shopethefinest but looks like shirts are in the 150 range.
2. I many just go custom. I have had shirts made from Victor Talbots probably wont be going to them http://www.victortalbots.com/, Ascot Chang, Geneva (one of the better customs I have) and CEGO. I am leaning towards Geneva. Their construction was probably the best along with Ascot. CEGO made a great shirt as well. Geneva will put me in the 200 range a shirt I think, any recent experience someone can share? I don't need top notch fabric so hope I can stay around the 200 mark.
3. Jantzen- Remember good things about Ricky and this site. Never ordered. Well I think I ordered a linen one and never got it, gave up. Anyone have recent experiences that would care to share? Would be great to get a good bulk of my everyday shirts at a 50-60 price point.
Thanks in advance.
ps: Hi to my old SF pals if you are around Ed Morel (spelling) Andrew and may others I forgetpost #15299 of 301156/9/12 at 9:48pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1588 Active Users (405 Members and 1183 Guests)
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 33 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bubbling on Chest Piece of Jacket [ Moss Bros - Blazer - Grey Suit ] 1 minute ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › *DROP* Ron Rider (Rider Boot Company) Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Boots... 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...