or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 600

post #8986 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post

Yea, the color screams, its a color that you couldn't really replicate on anything other then a leather jacket.

Ended up going with my dream jacket, that I never thought I would get my hands on. Will post pictures once it comes in.





Its the matte leather one, probably one of the most hideous leathers used by Margiela. I saw it in person and disappointed at how thin and plasticky it was. I remember it going 70% off on ssense and still had a full range of sizes.
post #8987 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by filcol View Post

I know, very boring by now, but just wanted to share I'm very happy with my new Rick. It's an SS 2010 Mid-Collar Intarsia in oiled calf. Would prefer it to be a bit shorter tho.
Fit (Click to show)

Looks like a perfect fit to me, great purchase wink.gif

I dream of owning a Rick one day...I would do unmentionable things for a Stooges lol.
post #8988 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by palma View Post

Its the matte leather one, probably one of the most hideous leathers used by Margiela. I saw it in person and disappointed at how thin and plasticky it was. I remember it going 70% off on ssense and still had a full range of sizes.

Yeah I bought one and returned it.. it's thin lambskin with a thick rubberized coating. Doesn't really feel like leather at all. But the cut and matte look is nice. I'd buy it for $500..
post #8989 of 16655
What tees do you guys recommend for wearing with your leather that is easily accessible, has good length, and not too expensive?

I cannot imagine wearing anything else beside a tee with my RO at this point. Tanks also would be cool
post #8990 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

What tees do you guys recommend for wearing with your leather that is easily accessible, has good length, and not too expensive?

I cannot imagine wearing anything else beside a tee with my RO at this point. Tanks also would be cool

American Apparel tri-blend. Comfy, can size up for extra drape - they look good oversized unlike straight cotton. I like wearing t-shirts with my leathers, these are my fav. They get a bit of pilling, but I think it looks good. I've been wearing the same ones for four years now - pretty good for a $20 shirt.

http://store.americanapparel.net/tr401.html
post #8991 of 16655
thanks NN, and I am assuming for a lot of these blended tees i should just hang dry? (i tend to toss all my current cotton ones into the dryer)

i'll have to reconsider blended tees as i always felt like it was a waste of money, the fabric content lent the t-shirt to not last as long. you seem to get a lot of life and wear out of your clothing though, so i'll take your word for it!
post #8992 of 16655
American Apparel tees are really nice, but I find that I prefer Express's stretch cotton tees.

They have a good slim fit like the AA's and I like how the collar doesn't get stretched out when wearing a heavier weight leather.
post #8993 of 16655
Genuinely well-meaning advice:

1. Hair is meh
2. Leather-blazers look ridiculous 90% of the time, yours isn't one of the other 10%
3. Button your shirt
4. Skip the tie (or if you want it atleast tie it the proper way)
5. Pants fit really bad
6. Can't see shoes that well, but they look really weird

Welcome to the forum smile.gif
post #8994 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by palma View Post


Its the matte leather one, probably one of the most hideous leathers used by Margiela. I saw it in person and disappointed at how thin and plasticky it was. I remember it going 70% off on ssense and still had a full range of sizes.

It went 30% off and sold out http://www.ssense.com/men/product/maison_martin_margiela/black_matte_leather_jacket/53532 

 

I think they made another one that was coated leather that you might be thinking off because I remember seeing it on sufu for sale.

 

They actually gave me the information that it was FW12, and they only had a limited stock when they were available. Ssenses customer service is great. 

post #8995 of 16655
Jacket is cool einstine, nice pick-up smile.gif
post #8996 of 16655

Actually looking for some longer textured cotton tees as well, that are in the under $100 price range. 

 

I have about 20 AA t's and I hate them, there sizing is inconsistent and the necks/collars on some feel like they are choking me. There is about 5 that are actually decent fitting out of the 20 that I bought. I have like many others been on the perfect tee hunt for years, tried many many brands. The best so far for value and fit is Jcrew slim broken in tee, holds up well when machine dried, all sizing is consistent, and its perfect weight of cotton for the price. 

 

I might order a Jcrew tall tee and size up to wear with my leather jacket, and see how that works.

post #8997 of 16655
I love AA tri-blends too. I had a lot of problems with basic Tees for a long time, switching between different brands and different styles. Tried low-priced like H&M/Zara and high-priced such as Silent/RO but in the end, at least for my budget, the best result of fit, accessibility, price and color range was AA.

Especially the length is very nice in contrast to many other Tees that are just too short on me. Also nice to try out different styles like the pocket Tee etc.

I cannot agree with them being inconsistent in sizing, I have no problems with an S in all their Tees.

I never do machine dry though, so I cannot comment on this.
post #8998 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post

Actually looking for some longer textured cotton tees as well, that are in the under $100 price range. 

I have about 20 AA t's and I hate them, there sizing is inconsistent and the necks/collars on some feel like they are choking me. There is about 5 that are actually decent fitting out of the 20 that I bought. I have like many others been on the perfect tee hunt for years, tried many many brands. The best so far for value and fit is Jcrew slim broken in tee, holds up well when machine dried, all sizing is consistent, and its perfect weight of cotton for the price. 

I might order a Jcrew tall tee and size up to wear with my leather jacket, and see how that works.

I get the 2011 power wash tee, the collar is super thin which i like. Plus the cotton is already prewashed like 50 times so it wont shrink or fade. smile.gif
post #8999 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybear View Post

I get the 2011 power wash tee, the collar is super thin which i like. Plus the cotton is already prewashed like 50 times so it wont shrink or fade. smile.gif

2nd the powerwash recommendation, Ive bought 3 this past month and they are awesome, larger neck opening and slightly larger fitting.... I also like the John Elliott U Neck tee.. awesome/comfortable material and great fit.
post #9000 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

Genuinely well-meaning advice:

1. Hair is meh
2. Leather-blazers look ridiculous 90% of the time, yours isn't one of the other 10%
3. Button your shirt
4. Skip the tie (or if you want it atleast tie it the proper way)
5. Pants fit really bad
6. Can't see shoes that well, but they look really weird

Welcome to the forum smile.gif

whom was this directed at? i dont see a fit pic
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?