or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? - Page 1577

post #23641 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post


Why not kill two birds with one stone?
292
But seriously, do you guys know where I can still find these or if they released them again this season? My ideal S/S shoes

Googled - clicked on their official webshop - found the shoes.

 

http://www.svenssonshop.com/product-view.asp?catid=16980&prodid=34933&ref=%2Fproduct-dlist%2Easp%3Fcatid%3D16980
 

BTW, I know that CP and this brand (Svensson) only makes very basic sneaks modelled after older adidas or whatever, but aren't these extremely alike? 

 

Svensson Classic Low

00031734.jpg

 

 

CP achilles low

original-achilles-low-black.jpg

 

PS - The Svenssons are almost 200 bucks cheaper...


Edited by conceptionist - 3/7/12 at 3:45pm
post #23642 of 38791

031.jpg036-1.jpg

 

Am I crazy ?? puzzled.gif

post #23643 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Googled - clicked on their official webshop - found the shoes.

http://www.svenssonshop.com/product-view.asp?catid=16980&prodid=34933&ref=%2Fproduct-dlist%2Easp%3Fcatid%3D16980

 
BTW, I know that CP and this brand (Svensson) only makes very basic sneaks modelled after older adidas or whatever, but aren't these extremely alike? 

Svensson Classic Low
350x417px-LL-d23800e1_00031734.jpeg


CP achilles low
350x467px-LL-5b15dc5b_original-achilles-low-black.jpeg

PS - The Svenssons are almost 200 bucks cheaper...

I think svenssons are just harder to come by so most people resort to CPs as its more available imo. They are extremely similar though, I believe they are made in the same factory and the soles are identical.
post #23644 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

031.jpg036-1.jpg

 

Am I crazy ?? puzzled.gif


Not at all. That jacket is sick, dude. What brand is it and where could one get something like that?

 

post #23645 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Biker View Post



Not at all. That jacket is sick, dude. What brand is it and where could one get something like that?

lol it's margiela and it's obnoxious. there was one or two sitting in Century 21 for a LONG time in 48 I think. And an all black one, but still with the diagonal panels.
post #23646 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

 

 

Am I crazy ?? puzzled.gif



yes

post #23647 of 38791
Already made up my mind for the most part, thought I'd check here

Both casual down jackets

Waxed cotton
qZ8cI.jpg
s6u3Ol.jpg

Nylon
KArT2.jpg
Iu87N.jpg
post #23648 of 38791
OK, I really like this but I have some doubts. This one is mainly for anyone who already owns some Shellac pieces as I have no experience.
I like the idea of this "knit", but is it worth the price tag?
http://zozotown.com/shop/shellac/goods.html?gid=1304330&did=
My main concern is this:
I live in Texas and it is officially t-shirt weather. There might be a few more days of light sweatshirt/similar weather but by the time anything gets here from Japan it probably won't go far below 60 degrees fahrenheit (16 celsius)...if that. That said, I'm going be in Lyon for more than a month this summer. Think it will be worth it for that time period and then waiting until next fall (late october/early november at earliest)?
Second, 39.5cm seems ridiculously small in the shoulders...even for a Japanese brand. I'm quite thin but at 6'1" that seems crazy narrow to me. Anyone have experience/thoughts on this?
post #23649 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Biker View Post


Not at all. That jacket is sick, dude. What brand is it and where could one get something like that?

 

I think it's Margiela.ci saw it on yoox like 3-4 seasons ago.
post #23650 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

Already made up my mind for the most part, thought I'd check here
Both casual down jackets
Waxed cotton
http://i.imgur.com/qZ8cI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/s6u3Ol.jpg
Nylon
http://i.imgur.com/KArT2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Iu87N.jpg

Definitely the waxed cotton jacket.
post #23651 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurm View Post

OK, I really like this but I have some doubts. This one is mainly for anyone who already owns some Shellac pieces as I have no experience.
I like the idea of this "knit", but is it worth the price tag?
http://zozotown.com/shop/shellac/goods.html?gid=1304330&did=
My main concern is this:
I live in Texas and it is officially t-shirt weather. There might be a few more days of light sweatshirt/similar weather but by the time anything gets here from Japan it probably won't go far below 60 degrees fahrenheit (16 celsius)...if that. That said, I'm going be in Lyon for more than a month this summer. Think it will be worth it for that time period and then waiting until next fall (late october/early november at earliest)?
Second, 39.5cm seems ridiculously small in the shoulders...even for a Japanese brand. I'm quite thin but at 6'1" that seems crazy narrow to me. Anyone have experience/thoughts on this?

Shellac quality is fairly good, but not quite worth it at that price in my opinion. I like many of shellac's pieces in theory, but every time I consider buying something from them I end up going with julius/VA/attachment instead. I also prefer the light grey that's out of stock. As it's cotton/linen though, I'm sure you could get some wear out of it in the upcoming months, especially at night. The shoulder measurement is small, but it should stretch and doesn't look too crazy on the model (but it looks like he sized up).
post #23652 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Googled - clicked on their official webshop - found the shoes.

http://www.svenssonshop.com/product-view.asp?catid=16980&prodid=34933&ref=%2Fproduct-dlist%2Easp%3Fcatid%3D16980

 
BTW, I know that CP and this brand (Svensson) only makes very basic sneaks modelled after older adidas or whatever, but aren't these extremely alike? 

Svensson Classic Low
350x417px-LL-d23800e1_00031734.jpeg


CP achilles low
350x467px-LL-5b15dc5b_original-achilles-low-black.jpeg

PS - The Svenssons are almost 200 bucks cheaper...

Yea...think I'm going to give the pair I just posted a go, if I can get the VAT subtracted they come out to around $180 and I really need some sneaks here
post #23653 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Yea...think I'm going to give the pair I just posted a go, if I can get the VAT subtracted they come out to around $180 and I really need some sneaks here

report back, it says they run big so to go down a size also.
post #23654 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybear View Post

report back, it says they run big so to go down a size also.

Read that, will take my CP size. Personally I don't love either the CP achilles or GATs but this amalgam of the two really sets it right for me, for some reason. I may be the minority opinion but whatevs
post #23655 of 38791
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Yea...think I'm going to give the pair I just posted a go, if I can get the VAT subtracted they come out to around $180 and I really need some sneaks here

aren't you in the EU now though?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?