or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Very conservative summer suits?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Very conservative summer suits?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I'm a pretty skinny Irish (pale) guy. Looking for a summer suit, but not sure what color and material to get. I know I can't do khaki because of my skin color. It has to be conservative--think something I can wear to court. Something like these from BB? Any OTR suggestions in about the $6-800 range? Thanks.



post #2 of 10
You need to look at navy or dark grey/charcoal suits, in light weigh cloths.
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macallan View Post

You need to look at navy or dark grey/charcoal suits, in light weigh cloths.

Yes (as in "tropical weight wool"), and also a roomier cut with padded shoulders (not the first two pictures). The roominess also helps in hot weather. Size and approximate location should be given when seeking specific recommendations.
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant View Post

Yes (as in "tropical weight wool"), and also a roomier cut with padded shoulders (not the first two pictures). The roominess also helps in hot weather. Size and approximate location should be given when seeking specific recommendations.

I'm looking for exactly the same - but where the hell can you find tropical weight wools off the rack?

I've scoured the web for them but can't find any place that carries it. Everyone simply goes with linen, or a wool/linen, cotton/linen blend.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Funny enough, I just bought the opposite of the call of this thread: a J Crew Fctory seersucker suit for a wedding this summer (I live in Boston). Should be fun.

I'd also be looking for an unlined jacket. But I agree, impossible to find OTR.
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant View Post

Yes (as in "tropical weight wool"), and also a roomier cut with padded shoulders (not the first two pictures). The roominess also helps in hot weather. Size and approximate location should be given when seeking specific recommendations.
He said he is pretty skinny and you have no clue what his shoulders look like and you recommend a boxy suit with padded shoulders like those middle managers I run into at the airport. Smh
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macallan View Post

You need to look at navy or dark grey/charcoal suits, in light weigh cloths.

This - the lighter colours of the suits you have pictured are not incredibly formal.
post #8 of 10
Light grey surely not a court colour even in Ireland?
post #9 of 10

I'm surprised no one has mentioned suitsupply - but I too am curious if people have any other suggestions in that price range. Suitsupply is mostly out of stock of my size, which I'm imagining is an issue for most people as well.     

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

He said he is pretty skinny and you have no clue what his shoulders look like and you recommend a boxy suit with padded shoulders like those middle managers I run into at the airport. Smh

Typical Style Forum manners. The only recommendation was not to have the shoulders look like they do on the first two suits pictured. Broad shoulders are more authoritative, which is the norm in court. It's an assumption that he's not one of the few "skinny" men who are wide at the shoulders.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Very conservative summer suits?