• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tiffany's cufflinks too gay?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeway2000
Sorry for the somewhat provocative thread title. I'm considering getting a 25-yr old guy in a conservative industry a set of cufflinks:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/item...-l+-h+-c+-r+-x

Would this be appropriate? Thank you very much in advance!

gay.

The cufflinks are fine, but giving links to another man is gay.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the somewhat provocative thread title. I'm considering getting a 25-yr old guy in a conservative industry a set of cufflinks:

Would this be appropriate? The cufflinks themselves look quite conservative, and my only reservation is with the brand name. Thank you very much in advance!

Your thread title isn't the best way to ask a question. That being said, I do like the links and would have no reservation about wearing them. I almost find them too conservative.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gay is natural gay is good not everybody gays but everybody should

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/item...-l+-h+-c+-r+-x

Would this be appropriate? The cufflinks themselves look quite conservative, and my only reservation is with the brand name. Thank you very much in advance!

They are so gay when I looked at them I touched myself for the lack of anyone else around!!!1!!

Where is my Pet Shop Boys CD!

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does he wear cufflinks?

I'd opt away from the toggle back on links that are that conservative. Look at the barbells, knots or other sedate options.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

Would this be appropriate? The cufflinks themselves look quite conservative, and my only reservation is with the brand name.

Maybe you could google for a brand like "I'm Into Chicks!"

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
The cufflinks are fine, but giving links to another man is gay.

Originally Posted by LSeca
Your thread title isn't the best way to ask a question. That being said, I do like the links and would have no reservation about wearing them. I almost find them too conservative.

+1 and +1.

I guess I would really need more info to give you a complete answer. If I was giving them to a son, brother or close cousin as college graduation gift after that person mentioned a need for them...I would have no problem.

Outside of that, my skin kind of starts crawling at the gayness of a hetero man opening a Tiffany box given to him by another man.

strazzaque

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
...giving links to another man is gay.

Whatever part of the world you're in, it's a sad time when gifted cufflinks convey homosexual intentions.

To the original poster, I've never heard, nor do I agree with, the idea that it is gay to give cufflinks to another man.

Buying gifts can be tough enough without having to sacrifice a perfectly appropriate choice, especially the ones you chose.

Fathers and sons (plus their in-law versions) alone debunk that claim.

However, the expense you go to, may be more telling, depending on how well acquainted you are (also depends on what the 'normal' amount you spend on gifts is)

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I have given antique cufflinks as a token of appreciation to another male. It's ridiculous to think there's anything wrong with it.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A lot of homophobes on these message boards...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
A lot of homophobes on these message boards...

Latent homosexuals most likely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads