Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 3:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1470
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I've never been a fan of ostrich, but I have to say that strap looked magnificent.
As for the Big D, it's a beauty that never fades. :)
+1 Two iconic chronos, but so different in price point and style that they definitely should share a home.
It's one of several top Rolexes I'd like to own...but definitely up there!
I fear that might be beyond me, my friend. But I must say, your aunt is looking wonderfully well, isn't she?
Edit: GDL, just saw your post...love that GO!
And just like that, the gdl vanishes again....
Speaking of watches with coffee photos, I'm not a big Milgauss fan, but I really liked this recent shot from PG. Thought it looked good on the black NATO.
Some of you probably still follow his (mainly cycling and culinary) adventures:
sorry to keep barraging you all with pics of my semi kind of new watch, but i took some DSLR pics and wanted to share, forgive my narcissism.
as newcommer pointed out, the faceting on the case and lugs of some of the JLCs is amazing. dont really notice it unless you are close up, but its there all right, and so beautiful imo.
ill leave the strap and lugs pics unspoilered, and the rest of the bunch spoilered.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As for the Milgauss... I like it on the black NATO when looking at it in a vacuum, but I feel like the NATO would just add more bulk to an already bulks case. At the same time, the PCLs on the Milgauss bother me. So I guess it is a no-win for me! I really like the Milgauss, but I think I would get the bracelet brushed.
And Stitch: I really, really enjoyed the pictures. Especially of the Squadra case. Pictures generally fail to show how refined the case looks. Feel free to barrage away.
so glad you enjoyed them. i had a lot of fun taking the pics, but it was hard culling the selection down from 50+ pics.
the case really is superb in so many ways, i love it.
i think i will post maybe one more pic tomorrow and then take a break.
i LOVE the dial.
it has kind of a mate finish around the edge where the hour numbers are, with a shiny textured minute track and a "curtain" style guilloche in the center. the seconds sub-dial is set down beneath the watch dial and has its own track that goes around it. as well the date and AM/PM windows are set down and also have 3 "steps" leading down from the highest part of the dial to the actual wheels. and then you have the skeleton second time zone hand. there is a ton of very detailed leveling and balance to the watch that is not really picked upon at first, because the watch appears to be so clean, simple and symmetrical.
best seen here:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
a lot of this i had not even picked up upon until i actually had the watch. i bought it without even trying it on. only saw it in catalogues and online. as soon as JLC came out with the squadra i knew it was exactly what i wanted. and i got even more than i was expecting. it is to me a perfect watch. yes im a fanboi. dont eve care.
as to the story behind the purchase, at the time i had my B&M capeland, an ebel 1911 big date and a rolex datejust. i wanted something from a manufacture with a manufacture movement, something from a brand that was kind of a big boy. i wanted something with an exhibition case-back and deployant clasp. something iconic, something with a complication, something exactly symmetrical, and something dressy and clean. this fit the bill.
i sold the ebel on ebay and got about 700, just because i had no interest in it anymore, and ponied up for the rest. i got it from an AD that we have a connection with. this was maybe 7 years ago? as favor they gave it to me at 10% over their cost, so it was a steal. i think at the time it cost me about 3500 +/-, and now i think MSRP is like 8150, so i did pretty well i think. i am yet to come across a deal like again, BNIB from an AD.
the more i talk about this watch the happier i get.
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 11 seconds ago
- › Unlined Rancourt Caramel Shell Pinch Penny Loafer 8.5D 32 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 37 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...