• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seoul

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember that there is a member who lives in Seoul, just can't remember who. please remind me - I have a free evening in Seoul later this week.

kimchikowboy

Reaction score
I believe Alias, Archer904 and Peter07 are in Seoul. I'm in Daegu, so too far south for you. Also, quite a few people here with Korea backgrounds/ethnicity if you have questions about places to go/shop. Have a nice visit.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by victory
I live in Seoul.

So now that we established this fact, what gives? The suspense is killing me!

I'm going to Manila this Friday but should globetrotter require some recommendations for social life, food & drink in the city of Seoul I would be happy to provide them.

And as for victory, its nice to meet you.

victory

Reaction score
No real reason for me to be in Seoul really. I run an Internet company doing marketing and have a few sites of my own that I can run from anywhere. I am familiar with the culture, can speak the language and wanted a change of scenery from Hawaii so I came here.

How about you?

dizzhizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by victory
No real reason for me to be in Seoul really. I run an Internet company doing marketing and have a few sites of my own that I can run from anywhere. I am familiar with the culture, can speak the language and wanted a change of scenery from Hawaii so I came here.

How about you?

Been here for about +6 years, working in the finance/securities sector for a local brokerage house. Originally born and raised in LA (Hollywood) and came to Korea in 2000, thinking I would be here for only two weeks but it turned out to be over 6 years.

GOD I MISS REAL MEXICAN FOOD!

Asides from that, as Koreans love to say, "FIGHTING"!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dizzhizz
A lot of good looking chicks and go-go bars!

Good Lord! Nobody has used that term, go-go bars, here since they stopped playing Gloria Gaynor and Donna Summers.
laugh.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Asides from that, as Koreans love to say, "FIGHTING"!

Sounds like "hwa-ee-teeng!"

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will be in Seoul on 23 May - would any of you gentlemen like to have dinner?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So now that we established this fact, what gives? The suspense is killing me!

I'm going to Manila this Friday but should globetrotter require some recommendations for social life, food & drink in the city of Seoul I would be happy to provide them.

And as for victory, its nice to meet you.

thanks - I'll actually be in Manila on the 24th - but only from about noon to 6 pm.

any good recomendations for resteraunts - more korean style beef than exotic live animals that squiggle when you eat them or offal, please. I always seem to get taken to the later. I'm at the sofitel ambassidor

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
any good recomendations for restaurants - more korean style beef than exotic live animals that squiggle when you eat them or offal, please. I always seem to get taken to the later.

Tell your host you'd like to try "boshing-tang".
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads