or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1610

post #24136 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 


But I'd want to have EG do it so I can have them resoled at the factory when the time comes.  But I'm in the U.S., so this poses a problem.  Aside from making my next vacation a trip to the UK, I doubt there are any cost-effective options?

I would think, depending on your gait, that there would come a point where the toe would stop wearing. My toes get worn rather quickly in the beginning then it eventually doesn't get any worse. 

post #24137 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

I would think, depending on your gait, that there would come a point where the toe would stop wearing. My toes get worn rather quickly in the beginning then it eventually doesn't get any worse. 


that's what I'm hoping.  And that the sole will continue to get more flexible...still on the stiffer side.  Just a little bit of a concern because another pair of double leather soles from another maker has not worn as quickly. 

post #24138 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 


that's what I'm hoping.  And that the sole will continue to get more flexible...still on the stiffer side.  Just a little bit of a concern because another pair of double leather soles from another maker has not worn as quickly. 

That is something I wouldn't try to compare between makers. 

 

I'd give it a little more time before I'd worry. 

post #24139 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post


But I'd want to have EG do it so I can have them resoled at the factory when the time comes.  But I'm in the U.S., so this poses a problem.  Aside from making my next vacation a trip to the UK, I doubt there are any cost-effective options?
If you have aloft toe taps, I don't think it should be an issue? Anyone been rejected from a redraft because of this?
post #24140 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedDx View Post


If you have aloft toe taps, I don't think it should be an issue? Anyone been rejected from a redraft because of this?


I'd be interested to know this. But it wouldn't surprise me if the answer is yes.

post #24141 of 28968
The EG bunch tends to be a bit sarcastic Mr.V. the majority of us have been around the thread for a little bit or like ddd (read forever). This place is anything but high brow. It really takes a lot to truly offend must people but @tifosi can be a bit sensative.
post #24142 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

The EG bunch tends to be a bit sarcastic Mr.V. the majority of us have been around the thread for a little bit or like ddd (read forever). This place is anything but high brow. It really takes a lot to truly offend must people but @tifosi can be a bit sensative.

This coming from someone who is merely"becoming a leading voice", pssshhhh. As opposed to an "onsite legend" like myself. 

post #24143 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

The EG bunch tends to be a bit sarcastic Mr.V. the majority of us have been around the thread for a little bit or like ddd (read forever). This place is anything but high brow. It really takes a lot to truly offend must people but @tifosi can be a bit sensative.

Tire kickers like @tifosi tend to be that way. LOL
post #24144 of 28968
Just arrived in London for the start of the EG sale in their store on Jermyn street today. Delighted to get the Oundle single monk in olive green antique and the Beaulieu midnight blue antique both on the 82 last and both reduced from £795 to £460. Delighted to at last get my first pairs of EG.
post #24145 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotjock View Post

Just arrived in London for the start of the EG sale in their store on Jermyn street today. Delighted to get the Oundle single monk in olive green antique and the Beaulieu midnight blue antique both on the 82 last and both reduced from £795 to £460. Delighted to at last get my first pairs of EG.
Congrats! Both are pretty nice pick-ups. Had the Oundle but they didn't work for me but I love my Beaulieu.
post #24146 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotjock View Post

Just arrived in London for the start of the EG sale in their store on Jermyn street today. Delighted to get the Oundle single monk in olive green antique and the Beaulieu midnight blue antique both on the 82 last and both reduced from £795 to £460. Delighted to at last get my first pairs of EG.


Congrats!!!

 

But this means very little to us without the pictures. LOL

post #24147 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotjock View Post

Just arrived in London for the start of the EG sale in their store on Jermyn street today. Delighted to get the Oundle single monk in olive green antique and the Beaulieu midnight blue antique both on the 82 last and both reduced from £795 to £460. Delighted to at last get my first pairs of EG.
Is there a mechanism afloat to get the on-sale inventory in circulation, or must one show up on Jermyn Street with the folding stuff at the ready?
post #24148 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post


Is there a mechanism afloat to get the on-sale inventory in circulation, or must one show up on Jermyn Street with the folding stuff at the ready?

 

It appears that flippers are the said mechanism

post #24149 of 28968
This forum has been super helpful in educating me about EG. In the last six months, I have gone from scratch to owning 5 EGs with a sixth MTO Shannon boot on the way.

Has anyone who has worn both the D and E widths on the 82 last comment on the difference between the two? I have only tried the D width so far which starts really snug and then the leather relaxes after few wears. Only Saks and Axel seem to carry the D width. A lot of other retailers including Leffot carry the E width. I don't want to pay the extra MTO charge to EG for D width shoes if I can't something at Saks and Axel. .

Thanks
post #24150 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMurtaza View Post

This forum has been super helpful in educating me about EG. In the last six months, I have gone from scratch to owning 5 EGs with a sixth MTO Shannon boot on the way.

Has anyone who has worn both the D and E widths on the 82 last comment on the difference between the two? I have only tried the D width so far which starts really snug and then the leather relaxes after few wears. Only Saks and Axel seem to carry the D width. A lot of other retailers including Leffot carry the E width. I don't want to pay the extra MTO charge to EG for D width shoes if I can't something at Saks and Axel. .

Thanks

My only experience with D is with a boot and although it fits it is on the more narrow side. For me at least because it was a boot and it was a bit snug I would be a bit leary of trying this on a shoe because boots tend to be more roomy than shoes. With the number of shoes and boots I own in the E width I have nothing to suggest I made a mistake by getting them in the E width. Keep in mind that this may or may not have anything to do with the recent change to the form they use for the 82 Last. Supposedly by going from the old wood to the new material it maybe a bit bigger.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy