or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Need Opinion on Dark Brown Shoes with Dark Navy Suit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Opinion on Dark Brown Shoes with Dark Navy Suit - Page 2

post #16 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post





IMO, if you want to get on the dressier side, stick w/ cap toe or perforated cap toe.  something like

 

900.jpg

 

or if you want to dress down a bit, blucher/derby or wingtip.  something like

975.jpg

 

alden or allen edmonds if you prefer american.


I just bought that pair of Allen Edmonds it was an expensive purchase but I'm very pleased with how it has truly completed my outfits. Also, my buddy has had the same two pairs since hs and his dad has 8 pairs that he just gets refinished when they need it.
post #17 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


a dm as his first?

+1. I swear this site is like the blind leading the blind sometime.

Get a captoe or a perforated cap toe, either black or dark brown. /thread.

Look at the fifth avenue or park avenue by AE if you want something cheapish.
post #18 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post


+1. I swear this site is like the blind leading the blind sometime.

Look at the fifth avenue or park avenue by AE if you want something cheapish.

you're welcome.

+1, eventually the pa in black and the fifth in brown or burgundy as you need two to rotate.
post #19 of 33
The shoes posted by OP are way too dark IMO. Might as well go with black if you're going that dark. Something lighter looks much better with a dark navy suit. It contrasts the dark navy and complements the most likely white or light blue shirt you'll be wearing with the suit. So get something in a lighter brown color with a better design. A semi-brogue oxford is rather versatile.
post #20 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasakka View Post

The shoes posted by OP are way too dark IMO. Might as well go with black if you're going that dark. Something lighter looks much better with a dark navy suit. It contrasts the dark navy and complements the most likely white or light blue shirt you'll be wearing with the suit. So get something in a lighter brown color with a better design. A semi-brogue oxford is rather versatile.

light brown for his first pair of dress shoes? congrats.
post #21 of 33
Thread Starter 

Thank you for all your input!  I will be returning the Johnston & Murphy shoes in my original post.  From what I've seen and read, I will purchase a pair with a cap.  I would love to have the AE Park Avenue shoes in Merlot.  The color is exactly what I want.  Unfortunately,  at this point in my career, I cannot/will not spend that much on shoes.  They're just not in my budget. 

post #22 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGuy View Post

Thank you for all your input!  I will be returning the Johnston & Murphy shoes in my original post.  From what I've seen and read, I will purchase a pair with a cap.  I would love to have the AE Park Avenue shoes in Merlot.  The color is exactly what I want.  Unfortunately,  at this point in my career, I cannot/will not spend that much on shoes.  They're just not in my budget. 


Have you PM'ed allaboutshoes? $249 is hardly unreasonable for a pair of shoes.
post #23 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGuy View Post

Thank you for all your input!  I will be returning the Johnston & Murphy shoes in my original post.  From what I've seen and read, I will purchase a pair with a cap.  I would love to have the AE Park Avenue shoes in Merlot.  The color is exactly what I want.  Unfortunately,  at this point in my career, I cannot/will not spend that much on shoes.  They're just not in my budget. 


I got mine new for $190 (total) off of ebay; that's only $40 more than the JM's you linked to, which didn't even include taxes and shipping. The deals can be had out there, if you're not in a rush; but you do need to look around a bit.
post #24 of 33
a new pair of AE park aves for $190? Not seconds? That is a rare deal indeed...buyers and sellers both know the AE ebay market pretty well.
post #25 of 33
A lot of deals can be had if your feet size is on the large range. I always seen 13-14 on eBay and such. It is much harder to find something in the 8 range.
post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

a new pair of AE park aves for $190? Not seconds? That is a rare deal indeed...buyers and sellers both know the AE ebay market pretty well.

Not really. He saved $10 from the Nordstrom anniversary sale pricing.
post #27 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post



Not really. He saved $10 from the Nordstrom anniversary sale pricing.


 

thats 9 burgers from mcdonalds right there.

post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post


Have you PM'ed allaboutshoes? $249 is hardly unreasonable for a pair of shoes.

Exactly. The shoes are like an investment and if you take care of them (shine those puppies, use shoe trees, avoid scuffing, and/or damaging the leather). I've had my AE Lombards for about 6 months and they have served me well so far. smile.gif
post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

a new pair of AE park aves for $190? Not seconds? That is a rare deal indeed...buyers and sellers both know the AE ebay market pretty well.

Yeah, probably. but I did just see a pair of Walnut PAs on ebay for $190 + $10S/H in my size and a used pair of merlot PAs that were in pretty good condition with bidding currently sitting at $28; so it's definitely within the realm of possibility. The OP just needs to do some searching.
post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post


Not really. He saved $10 from the Nordstrom anniversary sale pricing.

that is true, forgot about that. I bought players shoes in that sale but for some reason forgot that PAs were included.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Need Opinion on Dark Brown Shoes with Dark Navy Suit