Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:17 am in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict? - Page 2post #16 of 278/10/11 at 1:45pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 278/10/11 at 1:52pmThread Starterpost #18 of 278/10/11 at 1:58pmThe fit is on the baggier side, but honestly not that bad compared to what a lot of people wear.
Always try a size down before you buy a suit / blazer.
I'm somewhat in between sizes, with a 36 being too tight in the chest and a 38 being a little baggy (somewhat like yours - prob a bit better).
Don't fret it - try on a few options, see if the smaller size is better. If they don't let you swap, a tailor should be able to make what you have plenty wearable.post #19 of 278/10/11 at 5:07pmThread Starter
Alright, I just took some better pictures with better lighting and proper posture. Here's the album http://imgur.com/a/MQKGU#Z04sk I went back to BB and tried on a 41 and a 40 (the one pictured is a 42). The 40 was tight across the chest and on the shoulders and the 41 was a little better but didn't leave a lot of room to grow (I'm currently going to the gym and getting bigger). I'm thinking I will have the center pulled in 1/2" or so and definitely have the waist pulled in too. I checked the shoulders on my current blazer and the shoulders feel reall well and go right to the end of the shoulder bone. I took pictures of me with and without the jacket so you could get a better idea of my body shape. I hope this helps. Let me know what you guys think.post #20 of 278/10/11 at 5:25pmpost #21 of 278/10/11 at 5:31pmThe only reason you overreacted was because of some of the ridiculous responses in this thread.
You don't need to size down, and like you said, you plan to fill in a bit so your 42 is fine - honestly it looks good in the picture. The waist IS a bit big and the pant length is a tad too baggy/long but those are easy fixes. The jacket is fine in the chest and in the shoulders and anyone who is telling you otherwise probably expects you to return it and purchase a $4,000 suit.post #22 of 278/10/11 at 5:33pmThe Fitzgerald blazer is a nice piece. Which size are you modeling in the pics? 41 or 42? The whole outfit looks acceptable in these pictures and fits better than what 90% of the suit-wearing population has on, not to mention what kids your age are wearing. So don't stress or feel ripped off if you keep it. That being said, it looks like you've got room in the shoulders to size down a hair. Definitely plenty of room in the waist. Don't worry too much about getting bigger at the gym. Building muscle will mostly make you thicker. You'd have to add a ton of weight before your lats and deltoids grow enough to make your shoulders significantly wider. I think the legs of the pants could do with a bit more taper as well. Getting the perfect fit and building a wardrobe is a process. Don't expect to hit a grand slam on your very first at bat, especially since it sounds like you expect your body to be changing dramatically in the near future.post #23 of 278/10/11 at 6:45pmpost #24 of 278/11/11 at 11:40pmpost #25 of 278/11/11 at 11:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Master-Classter
IMO shoulders are fine, just get the chest and body taken in.
pants look a size too big (see the bunch around the belt at the back, aren't they loose? also baggy cut. also hemmed 1 or more too long, but depends on your preference. with a wider leg opening, more break is ok.
+1post #26 of 278/12/11 at 6:34am
- Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict?
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 10 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 11 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 12 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 15 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 16 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...