Related Forum Threads
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
Always try a size down before you buy a suit / blazer.
I'm somewhat in between sizes, with a 36 being too tight in the chest and a 38 being a little baggy (somewhat like yours - prob a bit better).
Don't fret it - try on a few options, see if the smaller size is better. If they don't let you swap, a tailor should be able to make what you have plenty wearable.
Alright, I just took some better pictures with better lighting and proper posture. Here's the album http://imgur.com/a/MQKGU#Z04sk I went back to BB and tried on a 41 and a 40 (the one pictured is a 42). The 40 was tight across the chest and on the shoulders and the 41 was a little better but didn't leave a lot of room to grow (I'm currently going to the gym and getting bigger). I'm thinking I will have the center pulled in 1/2" or so and definitely have the waist pulled in too. I checked the shoulders on my current blazer and the shoulders feel reall well and go right to the end of the shoulder bone. I took pictures of me with and without the jacket so you could get a better idea of my body shape. I hope this helps. Let me know what you guys think.
You don't need to size down, and like you said, you plan to fill in a bit so your 42 is fine - honestly it looks good in the picture. The waist IS a bit big and the pant length is a tad too baggy/long but those are easy fixes. The jacket is fine in the chest and in the shoulders and anyone who is telling you otherwise probably expects you to return it and purchase a $4,000 suit.
IMO shoulders are fine, just get the chest and body taken in.
pants look a size too big (see the bunch around the belt at the back, aren't they loose? also baggy cut. also hemmed 1 or more too long, but depends on your preference. with a wider leg opening, more break is ok.
- Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict?
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › Everlane T-shirts 16 minutes ago
- › IC: MTM Trousers (Also CMT) (Made in EU) 18 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw