Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:06 am in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict? - Page 2post #16 of 278/10/11 at 1:45pmThread Starterpost #17 of 278/10/11 at 1:52pmThread Starterpost #18 of 278/10/11 at 1:58pmThe fit is on the baggier side, but honestly not that bad compared to what a lot of people wear.
Always try a size down before you buy a suit / blazer.
I'm somewhat in between sizes, with a 36 being too tight in the chest and a 38 being a little baggy (somewhat like yours - prob a bit better).
Don't fret it - try on a few options, see if the smaller size is better. If they don't let you swap, a tailor should be able to make what you have plenty wearable.post #19 of 278/10/11 at 5:07pmThread Starter
Alright, I just took some better pictures with better lighting and proper posture. Here's the album http://imgur.com/a/MQKGU#Z04sk I went back to BB and tried on a 41 and a 40 (the one pictured is a 42). The 40 was tight across the chest and on the shoulders and the 41 was a little better but didn't leave a lot of room to grow (I'm currently going to the gym and getting bigger). I'm thinking I will have the center pulled in 1/2" or so and definitely have the waist pulled in too. I checked the shoulders on my current blazer and the shoulders feel reall well and go right to the end of the shoulder bone. I took pictures of me with and without the jacket so you could get a better idea of my body shape. I hope this helps. Let me know what you guys think.post #20 of 278/10/11 at 5:25pmpost #21 of 278/10/11 at 5:31pmThe only reason you overreacted was because of some of the ridiculous responses in this thread.
You don't need to size down, and like you said, you plan to fill in a bit so your 42 is fine - honestly it looks good in the picture. The waist IS a bit big and the pant length is a tad too baggy/long but those are easy fixes. The jacket is fine in the chest and in the shoulders and anyone who is telling you otherwise probably expects you to return it and purchase a $4,000 suit.post #22 of 278/10/11 at 5:33pmThe Fitzgerald blazer is a nice piece. Which size are you modeling in the pics? 41 or 42? The whole outfit looks acceptable in these pictures and fits better than what 90% of the suit-wearing population has on, not to mention what kids your age are wearing. So don't stress or feel ripped off if you keep it. That being said, it looks like you've got room in the shoulders to size down a hair. Definitely plenty of room in the waist. Don't worry too much about getting bigger at the gym. Building muscle will mostly make you thicker. You'd have to add a ton of weight before your lats and deltoids grow enough to make your shoulders significantly wider. I think the legs of the pants could do with a bit more taper as well. Getting the perfect fit and building a wardrobe is a process. Don't expect to hit a grand slam on your very first at bat, especially since it sounds like you expect your body to be changing dramatically in the near future.post #23 of 278/10/11 at 6:45pmpost #24 of 278/11/11 at 11:40pmpost #25 of 278/11/11 at 11:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Master-Classter
IMO shoulders are fine, just get the chest and body taken in.
pants look a size too big (see the bunch around the belt at the back, aren't they loose? also baggy cut. also hemmed 1 or more too long, but depends on your preference. with a wider leg opening, more break is ok.
+1post #26 of 278/12/11 at 6:34ampost #27 of 278/14/11 at 9:24pm
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 6 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 10 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 16 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 16 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding