Related Forum Threads
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
Always try a size down before you buy a suit / blazer.
I'm somewhat in between sizes, with a 36 being too tight in the chest and a 38 being a little baggy (somewhat like yours - prob a bit better).
Don't fret it - try on a few options, see if the smaller size is better. If they don't let you swap, a tailor should be able to make what you have plenty wearable.
Alright, I just took some better pictures with better lighting and proper posture. Here's the album http://imgur.com/a/MQKGU#Z04sk I went back to BB and tried on a 41 and a 40 (the one pictured is a 42). The 40 was tight across the chest and on the shoulders and the 41 was a little better but didn't leave a lot of room to grow (I'm currently going to the gym and getting bigger). I'm thinking I will have the center pulled in 1/2" or so and definitely have the waist pulled in too. I checked the shoulders on my current blazer and the shoulders feel reall well and go right to the end of the shoulder bone. I took pictures of me with and without the jacket so you could get a better idea of my body shape. I hope this helps. Let me know what you guys think.
You don't need to size down, and like you said, you plan to fill in a bit so your 42 is fine - honestly it looks good in the picture. The waist IS a bit big and the pant length is a tad too baggy/long but those are easy fixes. The jacket is fine in the chest and in the shoulders and anyone who is telling you otherwise probably expects you to return it and purchase a $4,000 suit.
IMO shoulders are fine, just get the chest and body taken in.
pants look a size too big (see the bunch around the belt at the back, aren't they loose? also baggy cut. also hemmed 1 or more too long, but depends on your preference. with a wider leg opening, more break is ok.
- Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict?
- › The Grad Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 14 minutes ago
- › Bottes Bomber UGG Classic Short S / N 5984 hommes bruns 15 minutes ago
- › I need help matching clothing with these loafers please help? 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 18 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 19 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays