Related Forum Threads
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict? - Page 2
Always try a size down before you buy a suit / blazer.
I'm somewhat in between sizes, with a 36 being too tight in the chest and a 38 being a little baggy (somewhat like yours - prob a bit better).
Don't fret it - try on a few options, see if the smaller size is better. If they don't let you swap, a tailor should be able to make what you have plenty wearable.
Alright, I just took some better pictures with better lighting and proper posture. Here's the album http://imgur.com/a/MQKGU#Z04sk I went back to BB and tried on a 41 and a 40 (the one pictured is a 42). The 40 was tight across the chest and on the shoulders and the 41 was a little better but didn't leave a lot of room to grow (I'm currently going to the gym and getting bigger). I'm thinking I will have the center pulled in 1/2" or so and definitely have the waist pulled in too. I checked the shoulders on my current blazer and the shoulders feel reall well and go right to the end of the shoulder bone. I took pictures of me with and without the jacket so you could get a better idea of my body shape. I hope this helps. Let me know what you guys think.
You don't need to size down, and like you said, you plan to fill in a bit so your 42 is fine - honestly it looks good in the picture. The waist IS a bit big and the pant length is a tad too baggy/long but those are easy fixes. The jacket is fine in the chest and in the shoulders and anyone who is telling you otherwise probably expects you to return it and purchase a $4,000 suit.
IMO shoulders are fine, just get the chest and body taken in.
pants look a size too big (see the bunch around the belt at the back, aren't they loose? also baggy cut. also hemmed 1 or more too long, but depends on your preference. with a wider leg opening, more break is ok.
- Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict?
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 38 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Porn Theard 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Suit, Tie and Shirt? 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 20 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw
- › What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12 by skehoe