or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › (Official?) Fit Critique Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Official?) Fit Critique Thread - Page 9

post #121 of 195
Sleeves maybe a tad long? Can't see anything else potentially wrong.
post #122 of 195
Fit's fine (but I wouldn't wear that dark tie with it. 3 button already shows so little that you want what you show to stand out a bit.)
post #123 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by intfxdx View Post
i recently bought this isaia suit on the forum, it's enrico model and color and fabric is great. i would like to have your view about the fit.. (sleeves are going to be shortened)

-- It's a regular suit, do you think that i should go for a short ?
-- It has almost 42" chest and i have a 38.3" chest, do you think that chest is too large ? should i bring it to tailor to take off 1" (0.5 on both sides) ? I really am reluctant because in Switzerland it is impossible to find a tailor who makes suits and other alteration tailors may destroy the jacket.

it's a bit long and boxy. i'd have everything (jacket and pants) slimmed down a bit, and the jacket shortened as well.
post #124 of 195
Thread Starter 
Another suit, back from the tailor. Two things: Do the sleeves look a bit uneven, and are the pants a bit short? I'm totally willing to believe the former could be caused by unenven arms, but still, anyone else see it?

Tough to shoot navy. Bumped up the shadows so it would actually show up. Colour/brightness not representative.



post #125 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn View Post
Another suit, back from the tailor. Two things: Do the sleeves look a bit uneven, and are the pants a bit short? I'm totally willing to believe the former could be caused by unenven arms, but still, anyone else see it?

Tough to shoot navy. Bumped up the shadows so it would actually show up. Colour/brightness not representative.

]

Looks good. The pants look good. The sleeves are fine, looks like you have a low right shoulder.
post #126 of 195
Here we go. This is my first suit (and my first post), and I don't wear suits often. It'll be for the odd wedding and funeral. Some things I've noticed: Jacket sleeves are probably too short, shirt sleeves a tad long, and the pants are probably too baggy (especially under the crotch). Am I correct? Also, obviously, the basting must be removed. This is a J.Crew heather charcoal suit, jacket is size 38R. I probably will not be getting it tailored, if it is at all avoidable.
post #127 of 195
^ The big flaw is that the jacket is too short for someone your height. Button stance is also too low for a tall person. Also, might want to get a jacket with more shoulder padding. You've got sloped shoulders. Shirt collar doesn't fit either. Too big. Spread collar design would complement the slim lapel aesthetic better. Knot is poorly tied. Needs to be a FIH pulled tight for a skinny tie like that.
post #128 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post
^ The big flaw is that the jacket is too short for someone your height. Button stance is also too low for a tall person. Also, might want to get a jacket with more shoulder padding. You've got sloped shoulders.

Thank you. Assuming I get a new shirt and tie a good four-in-hand, is this suit at least passable for someone young who won't be wearing it often?
post #129 of 195
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
Thank you. Assuming I get a new shirt and tie a good four-in-hand, is this suit at least passable for someone young who won't be wearing it often?

I would say it's quite a close fit. I would still recommend having it altered just to take in a few areas which are bunching up (most noticeably in the crotch, under the seat, and a bit in the back), but if that doesn't bother you...
post #130 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
Thank you. Assuming I get a new shirt and tie a good four-in-hand, is this suit at least passable for someone young who won't be wearing it often?
Looks a bit shrunken on you. I'd return it if it was me. You should put this in the Foof thread. I'd like to see a slightly longer jacket, slightly wider lapels, a higher button stance, a spread collar, and a better knot.
post #131 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post
Looks a bit shrunken on you. I'd return it if it was me.

And then what? If I had to choose from OTR sizes, how could I fix the problems next time? Get a 38L and actually have it tailored?
post #132 of 195
Definitely try the 38L. As for tailoring: if this is going to be your one suit, it is totally worth the investment in tailoring. You are going to want to look your best. The length of the jacket and sleeves can't be fixed on the suit you have now. The narrow lapels don't really do you any favors either. Other than that, the front looks pretty good. However, from the back and sides, there is a lot of wrinkling in the sleeves and shoulders. A tailor may or may not be able to fix this for you (depending on how bad it is), so keep that in mind while shopping for your next suit. The pants are a disaster. J Crew pants fit me terribly (I think the seat is cut much too generously). Try Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald or Milano cut.
post #133 of 195
Edgar: Too short for you. Probably shouldn't wear a dark brown jacket with navy odd trousers also. Also lose the giant drapey laces and give those shoes a polish. The fit in the chest is looking much better than previous suits you've shown. Heur: I'm not sure why, but it all looks good in the front, but sloppy in the back.
post #134 of 195
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrhye View Post
Edgar: Too short for you. Probably shouldn't wear a dark brown jacket with navy odd trousers also. Also lose the giant drapey laces and give those shoes a polish. The fit in the chest is looking much better than previous suits you've shown.

Heur: I'm not sure why, but it all looks good in the front, but sloppy in the back.

It's actually a navy suit. Bad photos. And you needn't remind me about the shoes. Hate the damn things..
post #135 of 195


Holland Esquire shooting jacket, fresh from the tailors. What do you think (fwiw jacket was not intended to be worn with that outfit, so no dissing- also please excuse bad knot)

I think it looks great, but wearing it is only ok- slight mobility issues, might get the tailor to pull the shoulders up to take arm hole a little higher (and make the jacket shorter), then drop the sleeves a bit

I'm just starting to understand the fitting on the shoulders/armpit- the jacket was a little too big when I bought it (although before style forum I thought it fit just fine and wore it with pride...), so I had the sides taken in and the sleeves slimmed down, but slimming the sleeves without recutting the arm hole made me look like I had webbed arms!

I'd also quite like to hear your thoughts on the trousers- too tapered, too short, too tight?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › (Official?) Fit Critique Thread