or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment - Page 6

post #76 of 7026
It's a good looking suit and it stands out dramatically - there are just not that many DB suits out there, particularly well-cut DB suit on younger guys.
post #77 of 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
It's a good looking suit and it stands out dramatically - there are just not that many DB suits out there, particularly well-cut DB suit on younger guys.

Pretty much. A shame that is the case as DB's are loads of fun to wear in my opinion, but c'est la vie.
post #78 of 7026
I think this is gonna be another one of those threads...it grew by two pages just while I was reading it.
post #79 of 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
I think this is gonna be another one of those threads...it grew by two pages just while I was reading it.

It's off to a great start. Let's hope it stays that way.
post #80 of 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Silk is rebellious? I almost exclusively wear silk squares.

Reread Manton's comments in this thread defining CBD
post #81 of 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
You've probably discussed this elsewhere, but why no linen? I probably wear linen squares 8 out of 10 days.

I really despise colored and patterned linen squares, leaving only solid white, which I don't want to wear all the time.
post #82 of 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
I really despise colored and patterned linen squares, leaving only solid white, which I don't want to wear all the time.
But you'll wear solid light blue shirts all the time. You're an idiosyncratic one, aren't you!
post #83 of 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post
Reread Manton's comments in this thread defining CBD

I don't read Manton's comments.
post #84 of 7026
Welcome back Manton. Why is your tie C or even B? (At least in the context of the non-creative Bs).

--Andre
post #85 of 7026
By the way, it just now occurred to me that Manton's book in part makes the case for dressing as "dandily" as one reasonably can get away with in a given environment. If so, what gives with tonight's argument for CBD (however defined)? Manton, have you had a change of heart since you published your book, a change of style, or did I misunderstand you low those years ago when I first picked up The Suit?
post #86 of 7026
This is the fit I caught flack for in terms of the cashmere tie not being CBD.


post #87 of 7026
CBD when it got really




Please do notice how the tie's background picks up the the color of the

post #88 of 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn View Post
By the way, it just now occurred to me that Manton's book in part makes the case for dressing as "dandily" as one reasonably can get away with in a given environment. If so, what gives with tonight's argument for CBD (however defined)? Manton, have you had a change of heart since you published your book, a change of style, or did I misunderstand you low those years ago when I first picked up The Suit?

To me, it just sounds like they're just two different philosophies. I imagine that Manton, like anyone, can do both in a given week, but he wouldn't when he goes to the office which is essentially what this thread is about.
post #89 of 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn View Post
By the way, it just now occurred to me that Manton's book in part makes the case for dressing as "dandily" as one reasonably can get away with in a given environment. If so, what gives with tonight's argument for CBD (however defined)? Manton, have you had a change of heart since you published your book, a change of style, or did I misunderstand you low those years ago when I first picked up The Suit?
I got the impression that CBD depends on context - type of business, principal vs peon, young vs. old.
post #90 of 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
CBD when it got really




Please do notice how the tie's background picks up the the color of the


Dude, that does not qualify as CBD under any scenario.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment