or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 269

post #4021 of 8498
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Coniston in smooth leather, wtf? They look more like my Harlechs, though obviously they're cordovan...

They appear to me to be dark brown calf, and the price point suggests calf, when compared to the BB C&J Coniston boot in shell cordovan for 998. Nice boot though.

But perhaps your comment about cordovan is towards the Harlechs, not the Barney's Coniston.....
post #4022 of 8498
I would really like a Chelsea Boot in a Dark Brown similar to the following: .

This is actually a Dark Brown Cottesmore made for Barneys but you get the idea. I'm looking for a non-super narrow last and doesn't have to be C&J. Any recommendations?
post #4023 of 8498
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Coniston in smooth leather, wtf? They look more like my Harlechs, though obviously they're cordovan...

well
CJ carry Coniston in scotch grain on 325, I assume Barneys is also on 325 but with calf skin

BB for CJ's cordovan boot is on 240 last (dainite sole), which looks like Harlech, except Harlech is on 341 and is on double leather sole

Ralph Lauren's Lindrick is also cordovan (brown ones anyway, the black one might be calf?) and on 325 last (double leather) which would probably be most close to Skye 2 (cordovan, though dainite sole on 335 last), Skye looks just like Skye 2 to me except it's calf on double leather sole.

Now an interesting one is on DSW you can see an old stock Ralph Lauren Lindrick in some kind of grain (made in England) and some version of rubber sole, no idea when these were made and if by CJ

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren+collection+lindrick+wingtip+boot?prodId=286895
post #4024 of 8498
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

well
CJ carry Coniston in scotch grain on 325, I assume Barneys is also on 325 but with calf skin

BB for CJ's cordovan boot is on 240 last (dainite sole), which looks like Harlech, except Harlech is on 341 and is on double leather sole

Ralph Lauren's Lindrick is also cordovan (brown ones anyway, the black one might be calf?) and on 325 last (double leather) which would probably be most close to Skye 2 (cordovan, though dainite sole on 335 last), Skye looks just like Skye 2 to me except it's calf on double leather sole.

Now an interesting one is on DSW you can see an old stock Ralph Lauren Lindrick in some kind of grain (made in England) and some version of rubber sole, no idea when these were made and if by CJ

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren+collection+lindrick+wingtip+boot?prodId=286895

The C&J for BB boot in burgundy shell is on Dainite and on Double leather, even though, as I recall, it was advertised as only on Dainite. I have ordered them twice and received one of each??? Did not keep either one.

The RL Lindrick is offered in black calf and brown shell. I own them both.
post #4025 of 8498
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post


well
CJ carry Coniston in scotch grain on 325, I assume Barneys is also on 325 but with calf skin

BB for CJ's cordovan boot is on 240 last (dainite sole), which looks like Harlech, except Harlech is on 341 and is on double leather sole

Ralph Lauren's Lindrick is also cordovan (brown ones anyway, the black one might be calf?) and on 325 last (double leather) which would probably be most close to Skye 2 (cordovan, though dainite sole on 335 last), Skye looks just like Skye 2 to me except it's calf on double leather sole.

Now an interesting one is on DSW you can see an old stock Ralph Lauren Lindrick in some kind of grain (made in England) and some version of rubber sole, no idea when these were made and if by CJ

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren+collection+lindrick+wingtip+boot?prodId=286895

 

Black calf, and brown cordovan as stated earlier.

post #4026 of 8498
Celebrating my birthday with a nice Friday afternoon lunch with friends and decided to give the C&J Ghillies for Barneys with the beautiful red Dainite soles their first wear.




post #4027 of 8498



Visited the factory shop today and purchased Monkton GB£150. They are boxed and marked as UK7 so sold as subs, however, they are clearly an 8 so perfect for me on the 348. A good days work!
post #4028 of 8498
Cleav- That's a good way to buy "subs", congratulations!

A little update for those of us with wide feet. I went to the C&J NY store again because the 8G Grasmere (last 325) they ordered for me arrived. It did not fit. It has the same issue (for me) as Alden's Barrie which I had in 8EEE - wide enough in the ball-of-the-foot part, but tapering too severely at the forefoot, squeezing my toes as a result.
It was strange, but looking at the shoe from above, the usual gentle curve was hardly noticeable - it was tapering almost in a straight line. Oh well.

Other notes - last 325 is not as long as 341. I would say 325 in 8 is about as long as 341 in 7.5. The ball of my foot and the arch were at the right place within the shoe. (I am 8EEE on the Brannock.)
post #4029 of 8498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 



Visited the factory shop today and purchased Monkton GB£150. They are boxed and marked as UK7 so sold as subs, however, they are clearly an 8 so perfect for me on the 348. A good days work!

Looking good, sounds like you got a great deal.

 

Congrats!!

post #4030 of 8498
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Celebrating my birthday with a nice Friday afternoon lunch with friends and decided to give the C&J Ghillies for Barneys with the beautiful red Dainite soles their first wear.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




 

Very nice, Congrats!!!

post #4031 of 8498

 

From my C & J collection, well used conistons, used Tetbury and as yet unworn chestnut Westbornes

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0368.JPG 1,458k .JPG file
post #4032 of 8498
Those Tetbury boots look great. Been thinking of getting a pair in suede.
post #4033 of 8498
A good friend has a pair of Tetbury boots in black suede and they look fantastic.
post #4034 of 8498
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable123 View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

From my C & J collection, well used conistons, used Tetbury and as yet unworn chestnut Westbornes

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0368.JPG 1,458k .JPG file

Great looking trio, and nice diversity.

post #4035 of 8498
Thanks,

I would like the milton unlined suede at some point (in the 348 last) for more casual but may have to just settle for some other cheap penny loafers for my holidays,
I got a c&j belt to match the westbornes however i didn't realise the belts were made in majorca from another manufacturer?? Still its a close enough match to not make too much a difference
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **