or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical Barbour Thread - Page 163

post #2431 of 2440

Does anyone here have an older Tokito Military jacket in size large they are willing to part with?

 

I saw the navy shordace and instantly loved it, and ordered one from a fairly local place. My order was sadly cancelled, so I never got it. But then I saw the Military jacket, and realized that it's nicer than the shordace, with the zip in liner and contrasting colored pockets and all that.

 

edit: Maybe by some miracle one of the outlets still has one for sale? Any info from anyone would be great.

post #2432 of 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post
 

Does anyone here have an older Tokito Military jacket in size large they are willing to part with?

 

I saw the navy shordace and instantly loved it, and ordered one from a fairly local place. My order was sadly cancelled, so I never got it. But then I saw the Military jacket, and realized that it's nicer than the shordace, with the zip in liner and contrasting colored pockets and all that.

 

edit: Maybe by some miracle one of the outlets still has one for sale? Any info from anyone would be great.

 

I have both jackets and they're great.  I have a large, but that's mine.  i do have a medium however.

post #2433 of 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post


I'm not trying to come off as one. I just don't think they are necessary...and yes given the nature of my former job I had to be in the office when the city of Boston was shut down...there were no buses there was no t. I walked the few miles in snow and negative 20 wind chill with a hat gloves heavy sweater Wool scarf and my bedale and was actually sweating.

That is the most severe weather from a cold standpoint anyone in hear will see. (With the exception of maybe Minnesota) If I didn't need if for that I can't imagine why anyone would need it warmer temps.

If you were so inclined to get a liner I would defer to some other cold weather company ie north face. They make plenty of shells that are lighter and warmer than the shell barbour offers. They won't zip in the jacket I assume but they will keep you warmer if that is your ultimate concern.


I just don't get how you can be so dismissive of something (a liner) with which you have no experience.

post #2434 of 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post
 

 

I have both jackets and they're great.  I have a large, but that's mine.  i do have a medium however.


PM sent. Thanks

post #2435 of 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhwendland View Post


I just don't get how you can be so dismissive of something (a liner) with which you have no experience.

Ive been to the store and know what its made of...also talked to an employee about them.
post #2436 of 2440
IMO liners are best when it's not cold enough for a very heavy sweater, but a shell on it's own isn't quite warm enough. They also work well if you're going in and out a lot.
post #2437 of 2440
I'm actually considering getting a liner for my ashby at the moment. What I'm hearing is that it's no substitute for real warm wearing outwear. That said, it still seems to me like a good idea for layering purposes. Could those of you who've had experience with the liners comment on what temps you'd wear a jacket + liner in?
post #2438 of 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louys View Post

I'm actually considering getting a liner for my ashby at the moment. What I'm hearing is that it's no substitute for real warm wearing outwear. That said, it still seems to me like a good idea for layering purposes. Could those of you who've had experience with the liners comment on what temps you'd wear a jacket + liner in?

 

Where I live, it's consistently below freezing during the winter months.  Most days last winter I wore a crewneck sweater, button down and Bedale (with the warm-pile liner).  That was enough to keep me warm.

post #2439 of 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

I'm not trying to come off as one. I just don't think they are necessary...and yes given the nature of my former job I had to be in the office when the city of Boston was shut down...there were no buses there was no t. I walked the few miles in snow and negative 20 wind chill with a hat gloves heavy sweater Wool scarf and my bedale and was actually sweating.

That is the most severe weather from a cold standpoint anyone in hear will see. (With the exception of maybe Minnesota) If I didn't need if for that I can't imagine why anyone would need it warmer temps.

If you were so inclined to get a liner I would defer to some other cold weather company ie north face. They make plenty of shells that are lighter and warmer than the shell barbour offers. They won't zip in the jacket I assume but they will keep you warmer if that is your ultimate concern.

I'm very impressed that your Bedale stood up to that kind of weather. I've got other options so I don't think I'd bother testing out my Durham in those conditions, but that's pretty amazing.

New AVI btw, had to update it!
post #2440 of 2440

Does anyone knows where can I get a Bedale Hybrid blazer?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical Barbour Thread