Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 2/4/16 at 4:10pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1102post #16516 of 204636/25/13 at 9:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16517 of 204636/25/13 at 9:49ampost #16518 of 204636/25/13 at 10:18amQuote:Originally Posted by VRaivio
I used to own a shoe valet box. If the word nice can be employed to describe anything at all, these boxes are properly described as nice. They have the look and feel to make for great gifts, but will quickly become useless for any shoe nerd. They never have enough space for the many tincans and rags a collection needs. Now I just use a basket about the size of 1½ laptops, even this one is filled to the brim with girlish glee waxes, creams, rags, brushes.
Several years ago I picked up a great looking wooden chest at COSTCO (has felt lined compartments). Currently my wife uses it for her craft hobby. Should she stop using it - I will be claiming it for the various shoe colors, creams, waxes, brushes, cloths . . . as my collection has wandered into other styles and colors.
And for protecting a shoe collection (many SF members have nearly $25,000 in shoes) - the following alternative version may be a worthwhile consideration:post #16519 of 204636/25/13 at 11:02ampost #16520 of 204636/25/13 at 11:02ampost #16521 of 204636/25/13 at 2:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by DpprDrQuote:
Thanks for the info! Also good to know you won't be taking shoes from me (I'm a 6F on the 724).
If it wasn't for online shopping, very hard to get shoes for our sizes! Living in the right age!post #16522 of 204636/25/13 at 3:39pmpost #16523 of 204636/25/13 at 6:54pmpost #16524 of 204636/26/13 at 2:50ampost #16525 of 204636/26/13 at 3:54ampost #16526 of 204636/26/13 at 5:43ampost #16527 of 204636/26/13 at 11:18ampost #16528 of 204636/26/13 at 10:18pmpost #16529 of 204636/27/13 at 4:37ampost #16530 of 204636/27/13 at 4:58am(Cross post from the Alfred Sargent thread, since I know a lot of the more knowledgeable guys hang out in this.)
I (like everybody else it seems..) ordered a pair of AS Moore Cherry from the AFPOS sale, which I received yesterday. Lovely shoes, though I'm a bit concerned with some small cracks on the right toe cap, as well as on some minor ones on the left. See pictures:
I asked AFPOS about it and Sarah replied that I shouldn't worry, the leather is just dry and with some renovateur and some cream the leather will heal and it won't show or get worse. As much as I want to trust AFPOS, since they are always offering great service, I have to say that my experience of similar cracks on shoes before isn't the same. I've tried to get rid of similar cracks with both dubbin graisse, renovateur and cream, and sure you can cover them up, but for me they have always returned almost immediately and I have had the experience that the cracks have been permanent. So to me it is a bit worrying that there are these cracks on a brand new pair of shoes.
What's Styleforums take on this? Is it just normal, or should I be concerned?
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 23 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 51 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Jose Real Norwegian Stitched Light Brown shoe Sz 13 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › Caruso SC EU48/US38 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...