Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:11pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1102
Styleforum Top Picks
I used to own a shoe valet box. If the word nice can be employed to describe anything at all, these boxes are properly described as nice. They have the look and feel to make for great gifts, but will quickly become useless for any shoe nerd. They never have enough space for the many tincans and rags a collection needs. Now I just use a basket about the size of 1½ laptops, even this one is filled to the brim with girlish glee waxes, creams, rags, brushes.
Several years ago I picked up a great looking wooden chest at COSTCO (has felt lined compartments). Currently my wife uses it for her craft hobby. Should she stop using it - I will be claiming it for the various shoe colors, creams, waxes, brushes, cloths . . . as my collection has wandered into other styles and colors.
And for protecting a shoe collection (many SF members have nearly $25,000 in shoes) - the following alternative version may be a worthwhile consideration:
Thanks for the info! Also good to know you won't be taking shoes from me (I'm a 6F on the 724).
If it wasn't for online shopping, very hard to get shoes for our sizes! Living in the right age!
I (like everybody else it seems..) ordered a pair of AS Moore Cherry from the AFPOS sale, which I received yesterday. Lovely shoes, though I'm a bit concerned with some small cracks on the right toe cap, as well as on some minor ones on the left. See pictures:
I asked AFPOS about it and Sarah replied that I shouldn't worry, the leather is just dry and with some renovateur and some cream the leather will heal and it won't show or get worse. As much as I want to trust AFPOS, since they are always offering great service, I have to say that my experience of similar cracks on shoes before isn't the same. I've tried to get rid of similar cracks with both dubbin graisse, renovateur and cream, and sure you can cover them up, but for me they have always returned almost immediately and I have had the experience that the cracks have been permanent. So to me it is a bit worrying that there are these cracks on a brand new pair of shoes.
What's Styleforums take on this? Is it just normal, or should I be concerned?
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
- › Law school and the legal sphere (in North America) 2 minutes ago
- › Baldwin Reed Denim Size 32 3 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory RK 32 x 32 3 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers Natural Vibram Sole Cap Toe Trench Boot Size 11 4 minutes ago
- › Best Potato Chips 5 minutes ago
- › I want a summer suit...(J.Crew vs. SuitSupply) 5 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 6 minutes ago
- › Do you know, Trapper Joes ? 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...