• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What watch do you wear?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed there was a 'watch Appreciation' thread in MC, but there wasn't one in here. I believe our styles differ quite a bit from the guys over there, so I was curious as to what kind of watches you guys incorporate into your look. or maybe you don't wear one at all. Please try and post pics if you do though!!

I'll start it off. I had a Breitling Chrono Colt, but sold it last week to fund my wardrobe revamp : (

breitling1.jpg

breitling2.jpg

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I have an Omega Seamaster 120 and a Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500. I know most think Tags to be kind of douchey, but it's a limited edition and it looks cool.

sifl

Reaction score
I like the matching with my tone

nike_cuff_wristband_watch-400-400.jpg

spencers

Reaction score
I liked the look of the J.Crew Timex watch, but couldn't justify the exorbiant amount they wanted for a TIMEX, much less a quartz. So I went with a Seiko 5 automatic SNK809 (military). It has been modded with custom hands and face (via Yobokies on watchuseek.com). It's on a stock nylon strap.
snk809off.jpg
The second is my Seiko SKX007, an automatic diver on a Maratec bond zulu strap.
skx007off.jpg
Excuse the date change Switching between the two watches on a day-to-day basis is pretty dramatic as the first one is light and small, and the second one is thick, and heavy.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the time: Black Seiko 5 military watch on black nylon stock band.

Occasionally: a vintage (somewhere around 1940-1960) hand-winded Timex w/ roman numerals that I got cheap off e-bay and then replaced the leather strap w/ a newer nicer one.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Omega SMP 2254.50. Sold the bracelet a couple years ago as I prefer straps. I alternate between brown leather, black leather or a variety of Zulu/Nato style straps.

dsc0913wl6.jpg

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spencers
I liked the look of the J.Crew Timex watch, but couldn't justify the exorbiant amount they wanted for a TIMEX, much less a quartz. So I went with a Seiko 5 automatic SNK809 (military). It has been modded with custom hands and face (via Yobokies on watchuseek.com). It's on a stock nylon strap.
snk809off.jpg

that is gorgeous. how much did that mod cost you? i have the military 5, but i really like the look of this mod a lot

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Omega SMP 2254.50. Sold the bracelet a couple years ago as I prefer straps. I alternate between brown leather, black leather or a variety of Zulu/Nato style straps.

dsc0913wl6.jpg

SICK! I LOVE the waves on the dial on person....shame they discontinued that model.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
that is gorgeous. how much did that mod cost you? i have the military 5, but i really like the look of this mod a lot

Ditto. I like that too. How much? I thought about getting the j. crew timex, but if this is a better deal... .

Currently I wear a $30 military-style Timex I found in an Army uniform shop on Ft. Jackson in South Carolina.

aafees1001.jpg

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13

dsc0913wl6.jpg

That's a nice clean watch. Sold it to buy the Seamaster 120. But I still think that is a great watch.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love that Omega SMP, I've had my eye on the blue one for a while now.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
slide13: That is a cool watch band. Where can I get something like that?

What is a good place to get leather watch bands?

mikey34

Reaction score
no pics but a pam 232. Looking to get a new watch...... maybe iwc or another pam?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads