Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered 100% wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Cardigans - Hang or Fold? Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:38pm in Classic Menswear
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 185post #2761 of 531012/28/12 at 7:17am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2762 of 531012/28/12 at 7:21ampost #2763 of 531012/28/12 at 8:04ampost #2764 of 531012/28/12 at 8:16ampost #2765 of 531012/28/12 at 8:20amQuote:
You could probably do a large. I'm roughly the same height, perhaps a half inch shorter, and large length is bordering on perfect to just too short. I'm a 39 chest though right now and it's a bit looser in the top than ideal, but passable.post #2766 of 531012/28/12 at 8:36amGreat input thanks. If anyone wants to trade a large new style for a medium maroon old style, let me know. I will move this over to classifieds but figured it was worth mentioning in this thread as well.
My biggest issue with the length of the old style was figuring out what jacket to wear over it. Most of my casual jackets are fairly short and my dressier overcoats look out of place with the Stark.post #2767 of 531012/28/12 at 3:20pmpost #2768 of 531012/28/12 at 3:27pmpost #2769 of 531012/28/12 at 4:06pmFisherman zip is fine IMO--it's a riri--just not as beefy as those others.
Biggest factor for me is the Fisherman has a true rollneck vs the Stark's high collar.
Everything else being equal, that and the placement of the Fishermans shoulder seam are the biggest visual comparisons in my view.post #2770 of 531012/28/12 at 4:16pmBy zip I meant the model not the actual zipper. The portal jacket is really understated and cool. The fang is badass, even the name. The fisherman I just don't think looks quite as good, although I've never seen one in person. I prefer the fisherman crewneck without the zip. Just my opinion though.post #2771 of 531012/28/12 at 4:47pmpost #2772 of 531012/29/12 at 5:43am
6' 2'', 190 pounds, fairly "athletic" build. (By "athletic" I mean I go to the gym 2-3x a week, not Somalia starving like some people here use the word.) Wear a L in most slim fit shirts, M in regular fit ones. Thinking about copping a Large olde green Stark by mid-January's time for around ~$250 - $300 shipped. Possible? Any comments on the fit I chose or places that might be selling the Stark at such a price?post #2773 of 531012/29/12 at 7:24ampost #2774 of 531012/29/12 at 1:28pm
- SNS Herning- fits?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 13 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?