or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Page 246  

post #3676 of 14525
Quote:
The original Banana Republic was founded by Mel and Patricia Ziegler in 1978. It was a two-store safari and travel-themed clothing company. The majority of sales came from its eccentric catalog, which presented high-end and unique items with chatty, usually fictional, backstories from exotic locations, as well as more pedestrian high-volume products deliberately spiced up with a similar treatment.
...
Gap Inc. acquired Banana Republic in 1983, eventually rebranding it as a mainstream luxury clothing retailer. The eccentric tourist-oriented items were phased out and were replaced with more luxurious items for which the brand is currently known
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Republic

That being said, the inside label and production country (Singapore) don't look to be from the 78-83 pre-GAP era. I'd say early 90s or so. BR also did a Safari collection just last year in an effort to "get back to its root", so that's another possibility.

Anyway, cool vest. Not something I would wear, but cool regardless.
post #3677 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Republic

That being said, the inside label and production country (Singapore) don't look to be from the 78-83 pre-GAP era. I'd say early 90s or so. BR also did a Safari collection just last year in an effort to "get back to its root", so that's another possibility.

Anyway, cool vest. Not something I would wear, but cool regardless.

Ahh cool thanks for the info! Not sure why I didn't read wikipedia for info in it first, somehow I forget to do that for useful information but end up reading about different kinds of swamps and stuff like that.
post #3678 of 14525
i got 2 bucket hats and a safari shirt from the ill ass Bay brand 0 mantles - size small is a proper fit for a medium/large though - $45 for all 3 items www.hyrcollective.com
post #3679 of 14525
Just bought some Wings + Horns pants from eBay for $25 BIN. Not a bad deal IMO. Will post pics upon arrival.
post #3680 of 14525
Buzz Rickson chambray work shirt - a replica of a US Navy chambray shirt from 1944.
post #3681 of 14525
What's the fit of that shirt like Baron? I assume it the quality is great too?
post #3682 of 14525
http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/METRIC...s/srSamplesale

in grey 38...

for the price i'll take a gamble, and i needed new grey pants for work, they aren't wool, but oh well, the cut looks nice

post #3683 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
What's the fit of that shirt like Baron? I assume it the quality is great too?

Yeah, interested to see a fit pic, if possible. Price on those is super reasonable. Collar looks maybe a little too retro in that pic, though.
post #3684 of 14525


post #3685 of 14525
Holy crap you got the Brigg!! Is that the one they used for the photos?
post #3686 of 14525
Constant- Are you sure you're a 38? You're a size bigger than me and i know sometimes 38s fit like 30-31. Hopefully, it works out. I finally got my april purchases in today. I bought them all in april so i'm technically still in the no may purchases club.
post #3687 of 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Constant- Are you sure you're a 38? You're a size bigger than me and i know sometimes 38s fit like 30-31. Hopefully, it works out. I finally got my april purchases in today. I bought them all in april so i'm technically still in the no may purchases club.
yes, both of my suits are 38, and every other pair of pants i ever got are a 38...
post #3688 of 14525
Good to know for me then. The only pants i've ordered that has suit sizes has been a pair of april 77 pants and the 40s fit like 32s.
post #3689 of 14525
actually my j. lindeberg pants i have are a 50, the 48 was really small, but the pants above isnt a real slim label so they aren't going to be tiny
post #3690 of 14525
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases