Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6113post #91681 of 1090532/18/14 at 1:58pmpost #91682 of 1090532/18/14 at 2:30pmpost #91683 of 1090532/18/14 at 2:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jbravo
If someone advertises something and is unable to provide pictures within a month upon request, one may reasonably assume that the advertiser does not actually possess the piece and uses the ad as a trick to draw attention to his other classifieds.
I already said that the use of the word 'scammer' was an exaggeration so don't really know why you're still fastening on this scam thing.
wtf is this shit...
that would be a most idiotic scam...
i don't really feel the need to divulge my personal life to you as to why i haven't gone back to where my cardigan is located...
seriously chill dude. go have a drink or somethingpost #91684 of 1090532/18/14 at 2:43pmpost #91685 of 1090532/18/14 at 2:55pmpost #91686 of 1090532/18/14 at 2:58pmpost #91687 of 1090532/18/14 at 3:03pmpost #91688 of 1090532/18/14 at 3:40pmpost #91689 of 1090532/18/14 at 3:44pmpost #91690 of 1090532/18/14 at 3:55pmQuote:
STUPIDEST. SHIT. EVER.
@indesertum I've got one for you.
1 Ice cube
4 oz Gin of choice
Put ice cube in glass
Pour gin over ice
RFT: Sometimes I find myself wanting some really ostentatious Gucci pieces for no reason other than they're ridiculous.post #91691 of 1090532/18/14 at 4:16pmpost #91692 of 1090532/18/14 at 4:20pmpost #91693 of 1090532/18/14 at 4:27pmOK, to get his back on track. Some interesting quotes from Fuuma on the topic of "artisinal quality"/SZ brands:
"How would you go about "creating" a fabric in-house without a factory, knit it with two forks and a lot of attitude? Certain brands work with factories to create custom fabrics (Schneider, Lanvin etc) and others are primarily weavers who also produce collections (Loro Piana), however this whole "SZ brands are artisan made" has caused people to really misunderstand how a collection is actually produced. For one SZ brands are not made by artisans, they just give off the scent of it. SZ brands are produced like Gucci, sometimes with nicer fabric and better construction, sometimes not."
"Gucci has some embroidered or quite complex pieces too you know. Factories are not "run of the mill" and many of them can produce impressive products. SZ brands are certainly not made in "ateliers", I mean are there even ateliers in Italy aside from a few trad bespoke shoes and garment makers? Thom Browne has pretty much more handwork than any SZ brand you know and its still made in a factory like every fucking suit by a RTW brand. An atelier is just a smaller factory anyway, sometimes with the capacity for more hands-on intervention (or the lack of machinery to do it any other way ).
If you want handmade AtelierNYC sells these crazy scarves by that NYC girl, they're pretty cool, for all the rest there's made in Italy in a factory.
CCP does not "outsource a certain amount of production" it outsources all production, there might be some exceptions like the latex dipping."
Part of the discussion was sub-discussion on these $1500 gloveless gloves from CCP:post #91694 of 1090532/18/14 at 4:49pmpost #91695 of 1090532/18/14 at 4:52pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1866 Active Users (405 Members and 1461 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › Questions about - Mens Suits - "Dry clean only" 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ivy Style Luggage! Leather Briefcases, Coach and Bally... 5 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 7 minutes ago
- › Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive) 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...