or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manhattan Sales Alert!! - Page 303

post #4531 of 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn0123 View Post

Anyone been to the GANT sale today?

Tried but they wouldn't let me in without being on the guest list.
post #4532 of 5087

Anyone go by the GANT sale today? I bet it is a literal madhouse.

post #4533 of 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercitynyc View Post

Anyone go by the GANT sale today? I bet it is a literal madhouse.

It was. Not that much MB or Rugger stuff if that's what you're after, but I picked up a casual tweed jacket and two amazingly soft flannel shirts.

And yes, it was a madhouse.
post #4534 of 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post


It was. Not that much MB or Rugger stuff if that's what you're after, but I picked up a casual tweed jacket and two amazingly soft flannel shirts.
And yes, it was a madhouse.

How did you guys get notified of these sales?

post #4535 of 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post


It was. Not that much MB or Rugger stuff if that's what you're after, but I picked up a casual tweed jacket and two amazingly soft flannel shirts.
And yes, it was a madhouse.

How much was the jacket and how much were the shirts? I may stop by tomorrow after work....

post #4536 of 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post

How did you guys get notified of these sales?

http://www.thechoosybeggar.com/feed/rss/

Subscribe to this. It's not 100% comprehensive but they are pretty good about NYC menswear sample sales.
post #4537 of 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercitynyc View Post

How much was the jacket and how much were the shirts? I may stop by tomorrow after work....

Jacket was $175 and shirts were $45. Not exactly steals but I wanted a tweed jacket with a slightly more modern cut and the shirts were too awesomely soft not to pick up.

Unfortunately their stock for solid colored OCBDs is XL and above. But they have tons of pants, sweaters, rugby shirts, jackets, outerwear, and button downs in different colors (some S/S but plenty of F/W stuff). Or at least they did at 10:45 yesterday morning.
post #4538 of 5087
Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show
$20 at the door

Friday oct 12 (today) 1-8pm
Saturday 1-6pm

manhattanvintage.com
125 w 18th btw 6th/7th ave


The "men's" version of this is Nov 9th & 10th. The current version is mixed women's and men's, I believe.
post #4539 of 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post


Jacket was $175 and shirts were $45. Not exactly steals but I wanted a tweed jacket with a slightly more modern cut and the shirts were too awesomely soft not to pick up.
Unfortunately their stock for solid colored OCBDs is XL and above. But they have tons of pants, sweaters, rugby shirts, jackets, outerwear, and button downs in different colors (some S/S but plenty of F/W stuff). Or at least they did at 10:45 yesterday morning.

Went by today. Grabbed a nice cord blazer, and two great outerwear jackets, and some cord pants. Pretty great selection for the day before the last day of the sale...especially considering the outerwear jacket and blazer are current season pieces selling online for $498 each ($175 and $150 at the sale).

post #4540 of 5087
Pop up sale going on at 256 Fifth Avenue. Kiton shirts, Brunello Cucinelli sweaters and pants, Boglioli outerwear and jackets, and a lot of Ralph Lauren stuff. Lots of other Italian brands I'm not that familiar with but see on Yoox and other sites (Fay, Iceberg, Eddy & Bros, etc.) Prices aren't rock bottom but are fairly reasonable and certainly better than I've seen before in person, although eBay is probably cheaper.

Lots of Prada, Tod's, and Ferragamo shoes too. The SA said they might be getting in some Tom Ford later, but there wasn't any yesterday.

Worth stopping by if you're around the K-Town/Flatiron area. It's right next to the big sample sale area where they had the Gant sale and are currently having a Montblanc sale.
post #4541 of 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post

Pop up sale going on at 256 Fifth Avenue. Kiton shirts, Brunello Cucinelli sweaters and pants, Boglioli outerwear and jackets, and a lot of Ralph Lauren stuff. Lots of other Italian brands I'm not that familiar with but see on Yoox and other sites (Fay, Iceberg, Eddy & Bros, etc.) Prices aren't rock bottom but are fairly reasonable and certainly better than I've seen before in person, although eBay is probably cheaper.
Lots of Prada, Tod's, and Ferragamo shoes too. The SA said they might be getting in some Tom Ford later, but there wasn't any yesterday.
Worth stopping by if you're around the K-Town/Flatiron area. It's right next to the big sample sale area where they had the Gant sale and are currently having a Montblanc sale.
Yes if anyone is looking for anything specific from this sale please contact me (im involved)
post #4542 of 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

Yes if anyone is looking for anything specific from this sale please contact me (im involved)

Will the big Incotex shipment be here?
post #4543 of 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyare View Post

Will the big Incotex shipment be here?
hoping... if the deal goes through working on a big kiton and tom ford shipment as well, there are amazing mattabisch shirts for about 125 or so staple colors lots of cucinelli some moncler x visvim and moncler gamme bleu
post #4544 of 5087
can you just show up or do you have to register or something?

what is the shoe selection like?
post #4545 of 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post

can you just show up or do you have to register or something?
what is the shoe selection like?
just show up, shoe selction is more fashion brands prada ferragamo tods dolce, but i know we have a shipment of tom ford santoni cucinelli lanvin churchs etc that will be for sale soon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!