or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 485

post #7261 of 20082
Thread Starter 
I'm not sure why people are wasting their breath in telling this guy to do the right thing. It's the equivalent of yelling after a thief, "Hey, that's my car," as he drives away.
post #7262 of 20082
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansaway View Post

This is ridiculous. It's like you're trying to convince yourself that he's dishonest. I can do it three words: he's a fraudster. You're not getting your money back and you should be contacting the police about this. Sorry you and the others were deceived by this guy.

JimmyFingers has actually answered his home phone and spoken with members about the alleged orders he supposedly placed.

If this guy is a crook, he's the worst crook in history to use his real name, real address, real phone number, leave a paper trail a mile long and piss off so many people that can corroborate that he's failed to live up to his written agreements.

If we take the last step and file fraud charges, a criminal record will follow this guy his entire life. If he had problems finding a job before, in this economy, he's going to have one hell of a time with a criminal record. Employers routinely can check online for such a thing. Not to mention what will happen to his credit history and ability to get credit cards or use Paypal.

Call me a good samaritan, but he's got one last chance to redeem himself. Time's running out. There's lots he could do or say but I'm not going to give him any clues. It's up to him to do the right thing and talk with actions, not words.
post #7263 of 20082
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_1 View Post

JimmyFingers has actually answered his home phone and spoken with members about the alleged orders he supposedly placed.
If this guy is a crook, he's the worst crook in history to use his real name, real address, real phone number, leave a paper trail a mile long and piss off so many people that can corroborate that he's failed to live up to his written agreements.
If we take the last step and file fraud charges, a criminal record will follow this guy his entire life. If he had problems finding a job before, in this economy, he's going to have one hell of a time with a criminal record. Employers routinely can check online for such a thing. Not to mention what will happen to his credit history and ability to get credit cards or use Paypal.
Call me a good samaritan, but he's got one last chance to redeem himself. Time's running out. There's lots he could do or say but I'm not going to give him any clues. It's up to him to do the right thing and talk with actions, not words.

I've had numerous SF transactions (plus eBay) the past couple of years and this is the first one to go wrong. I'm currently out $400+ and the money was sent in past few weeks so is not related to JF's PayPal problems. Maybe I'm still in denial or just plain stupid but I'll wait out today with NorCal_1 to see if JF says anything more. I know he's been on SF today in the last hour. After today then it's time to file mail and internet fraud claims with the authorities.....
post #7264 of 20082
Why don't you guys just file a claim on Paypal?

or

Charge back if you used your credit card/debit card.
post #7265 of 20082
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu00a View Post

Why don't you guys just file a claim on Paypal?

or

Charge back if you used your credit card/debit card.

That's what I'd suggest.

Anyone who uses getting cancer as an excuse and hiding behind the Pink Pony ought to be investigated for fraud by RL himself.

Anyway this is the first I've heard of it. Getting written starements from those involved in the alleged scam would be a good first step for possible legal action. Contacting RL's legal department might be a good move, as RRL is a loved brand within the company. Jimmy had better lawyer up if he hasn't already.
post #7266 of 20082
Georgia has a nice law, statute 16-8-3 that looks pretty relevant here. And I believe anything over $500.00 makes it a felony. However, since many of us are in other states, with the money being transferred via mail or internet, shit gets pretty serious!

http://law.onecle.com/georgia/16/16-8-3.html
post #7267 of 20082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opermann View Post

That's what I'd suggest.
Anyone who uses getting cancer as an excuse and hiding behind the Pink Pony ought to be investigated for fraud by RL himself.
Anyway this is the first I've heard of it. Getting written starements from those involved in the alleged scam would be a good first step for possible legal action. Contacting RL's legal department might be a good move, as RRL is a loved brand within the company. Jimmy had better lawyer up if he hasn't already.

RL has strong Loss Prevention team. Using that 50% off code to resell(which proxy fee is profit), can be resulted getting fired or will never be able to work for RL.

He used to work at Locust Grove, GA store if someone needs it.

I don't know why he did that, but I remember him posted somewhere in this thread that he made(collected) enough money to buy Rolex Sub.
post #7268 of 20082
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu00a View Post

RL has strong Loss Prevention team. Using that 50% off code to resell(which proxy fee is profit), can be resulted getting fired or will never be able to work for RL.
He used to work at Locust Grove, GA store if someone needs it.
I don't know why he did that, but I remember him posted somewhere in this thread that he made(collected) enough money to buy Rolex Sub.

he probably made enough just on the proxy fees to be able to refund at least 1/3rd of the orders and there were several of us whose payments did not get stuck with Paypal, that he has since not refunded or made any gesture to that effect

re: the Rolex - I do remember him saying that, but he said a lot of things that never panned out, and his actions don't match his words

everybody's goodwill and patience is rapidly running out
post #7269 of 20082
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Wasn't it just on sale during private sale?

No this was't one of the sale shirts.
post #7270 of 20082
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu00a View Post

Why don't you guys just file a claim on Paypal?

or

Charge back if you used your credit card/debit card.

Or


Start another thread and quit mucking this one up
post #7271 of 20082

[quote]As a testament to how nice we all are, I don’t think that any of us asked for refunds when the sale was announced (why pay a proxy fee for nothing?)[/quote]

 

LOL.. Seriously?

 

"hey the jeans I just ordered from you that I paid $180, well silviob just listed them listed for $79. I want a FULL refund for this item and my proxy fees (why pay a proxy fee for nothing) and reimbursed shipping both ways. Oh and also, since I wore these a few times, the tags are missing and they've been drycleaned once or twice. I also had them tailored but don't worry.. I have the best tailor on the west coast. If I can't tell, nobody can."

 

^ true story.

 

The jimmy thing I knew was a ponzi scam from the moment he said he can't VERIFY his paypal account after fulfilling 2 or 3 orders. Reported all his post asking for money orders and paypal "gifts". Nobody stopped him from soliciting on the forums. The final straw was when he made fake accounts to hype his proxy service. People with 1 post coming in to give reps to JF who just signed up from another IP. It was so obvious but you guys dreaming of deep savings probably couldn't see past any of that. The whole story of being mugged from his convertible, very detailed and creative, probably he's the guy doing the muggings so I see where he gets his inspiration from.

 

I reported him to paypal subsequently and then Greenburg Traurig (PRLs legal dept) but they took about a month to follow up with me, by that time he had already stolen and withdrawn thousands so that wasn't much help. I already discussed the options of chargebacks in my previous post.

 

Go ahead and lawyer up guys, you will spend 10x what you lost, won't collect a cent and IF this broke ass loser goes to jail over all this, he probably would've ended up there anyway. People who like/wear PRL/ RRL generally have higher integrity so, you can't let one bad apple ruin it for everyone else.


Edited by RRL CLOTHING - 11/14/11 at 6:01pm
post #7272 of 20082
RRL Clothing =

298

why you always bitter?
post #7273 of 20082
oh I thought this was the RRL thread. I don't know anything about law. moving on!
post #7274 of 20082
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

RRL Clothing =
298
why you always bitter?


why you always wear geriatric shoes?

 

post #7275 of 20082
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post



why you always wear geriatric shoes?

thank you. i love my loafers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread