• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cloth FS including Holland & Sherry, Paul Stuart, others

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have several lengths of cloth for sale that I have decided not to have made up, some of which I am letting go very cheaply.

The following piece is also from the Paul Stuart sample sale. It's a silk/linen/wool (40/35/25%) blend. The fabric is an olive pattern on a beige ground with a beige/gold overcheck. The colors are a little brighter than are pictured in the photo below. 2.75 yards. $60.

The next piece is a jacket-length of linen which I believe is of Irish origin, but I'm not certain. I think it may have some small wool content as it is the smoothest, most wrinkle-resistant linen I have felt. It would make a great spring or summer jacket as it is a tan ground with light brown, brown, light green, and light blue overchecks. The colors in the photo below are reasonably accurate although a little washed out because of the tan background. 2.55 yards. $80.

The next piece is of Italian origin. It's a small beige herringbone with a faint light blue triple overcheck. The selvedge reads "Lessona - Wool and Silk Jacketing - Made in Italy." The color in the photo below is accurate although the herringbone pattern is not visible. 4.1 yards. $70.

The last piece is a length of UK linen in a mid-blue color with subtle flecks of green which would be suitable for a spring or summer jacket. The color in the photo below is just slightly darker than the actual cloth. 2.8 yards. $35.

Please contact me with any questions.

Dan

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The H&S length has been sold.

emptym

Reaction score
Any idea what the weight of the blue fresco is?
Do you think it's enough material to make a 40 R?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since the fresco is a solid, I would think it enough for most tailors to make a 40R jacket. The best thing to do is to check with the particular tailor you intend to use. As for the weight, I don't know it outright, but it is certainly quite light. I would estimate it in the 8-9oz range with a very open weave typical of fresco.

emptym

Reaction score
Shucks. My tailor prefers 2.5, but could go down to 2.4.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prices reduced significantly.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
How heavy is the fresco?
It's pretty lightweight. I'd say in the 8/9oz range.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PM sent.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
How heavy is the fresco?
I think I have a jacket from that same cloth - wears very very well for how light it is.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blue fresco and one of the Paul Stuart lengths have been sold. I removed them from the original listing.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Lessona has been sold. All that remains are the three linen or linen blend lengths. No love for the linen here?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads