• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Z Zegna Cashmere/Linen Fall/Winter Jacket 48 Eu

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT This is a beautiful, previously owned, three button, side vented fall/winter weight Zegna jacket. It is from the Z line so it is lightly fused with minimal padding at the shoulder and pick stitching on the lapels and pockets. The 80% cashmere/20% linen fabric is a deep green herringbone with marvelous flecks of lighter green and deep tan throughout. The pictures that show flecks of reds and blue are a figment of my cameras imagination. This is the Traveler model and includes numerous inside pockets (2 of them zippered) for passports and the like. Approximate measurements are: Chest pit to pit 21", Length bottom of collar to bottom 28 1/2, Shoulders seam to seam 18", Sleeves 22 7/8 (feels to be about 2 1/2" to let down). Asking $95 shipped CONUS. PM questions or interest.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a 48 Short (C)
frown.gif
and is NOT from the Z Zegna line but from the mainline in a P level fabric i.e. it's fully canvassed and retails for ~ $2,000. If it were not a short, it would be mine and if this is your size, this is the deal of the year right here.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Dagnabbit. Can't a man go watch a college football game without missing out a terrific jacket for sale in his size?
confused.gif
Congrats to whoever picked this up!

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
Can a tailor remove the buttonhole stitching and reposition the sleeve buttons if the sleeve length is fully let out, or will the work need to be done from the armhole?

Removing buttonhole stitching is not a problem but not all alterations tailors can redo (faux) buttonholes as it requires special equipment. You can forego the stitching or you can also get working buttonholes cut if your tailor can do them.

IMO, unless he's a real custom tailor (in which case he's unlikely to want to alter another coat), I wouldn't trust any tailor to touch the shoulders on a coat like this one.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
This is a 48 Short (C)
frown.gif
and is NOT from the Z Zegna line but from the mainline in a P level fabric i.e. it's fully canvassed and retails for ~ $2,000. If it were not a short, it would be mine and if this is your size, this is the deal of the year right here.

This is precisely what confused me about this jacket. It seems far to fine a fabric to be used on a lesser line. Yet, nowhere on the front of the jacket can I make this jacket pass the pinch test, and I have become fairly adept at it. This is what led me to believe it was the Z line and being no expert on Zegna labels I assumed the superimposed Z was indicative of the Z line.

Bottom line, I guess I should have charged a bit more for this coat, but as I try always to do, I quoted what I felt was a fair price with a reasonable profit and so, someone got a very nice buy.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by VMan
Tony,

How accurate is the length measurement - I assume it's taken from the back? Seems awfully short, even for a 38S.

It does seem short. I checked again after reading your post and it is indeed 28 1/2" from the bottom of the collar to the bottom of the jacket. The measurement was taken at the center back seam.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads