• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWT Paul Stuart sport coats for sale

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm having second thoughts about the fit of a couple sport coats I bought at the Paul Stuart sample sale. They are great fabrics and designs, but I just don't think they fit me well as you will see from the pics. They are all Canadian-made sport coats retailing for $985. According to the pinch test and the three-distinct-layers test, they are all canvassed. Perhaps someone else can weigh in on that, too. All are nicely shaped jackets with light shoulder padding and tasteful waist suppression. That you cannot necessarily see that in each picture is more due to the way the jackets fit me. I bought most of them on the first day when sport coats were $325 and I've posted prices individually below. Measurements are done according to A Harris's ebay measurements guide (the chest is measured across the front of the jacket so you should double it to get the full size, length from bottom of collar to hem of jacket, etc)

The first jacket is a neat casual jacket with some definite country details -- patch pockets with subdued leather piping around the pockets and under the collar. It is double vented and unlined and made in a wool/cashmere blend. The sleeves are unfinished in case you want to add working buttonholes. I really like this jacket and am really disappointed that it doesn't fit me. Marked size 37S. $299
Shoulder: 19.25
Length: 28.25
Sleeves: 23.75 (unfinished)
Chest: 19.5 x 2

The second jacket is a herringbone fabric with alternating patterns of light brown and beige. Wool/cashmere blend. Double vents. Marked 38S. $199
Shoulder: 19.5
Length: 28.25
Sleeves: 24
Chest: 20 x 2

Third is a double-breasted blue blazer with peak lapels, double vents, and flap pockets. The fabric is a flannel wool/cashmere blend. The medium brown horn buttons aren't to my taste, but they could be rather easily replaced. Marked 38S. $199
Shoulder: 19.25
Length: 28.5
Sleeves: 24
Chest: 20.5 x 2

Let me know if you have any questions about these.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, chorse. I really like it as a casual jacket over a sweater, etc, but subsequent try-ons have felt really tight so I don't think it will work for me. If I decide to keep any of them, though, it will be that one.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That first jacket seems to fit you pretty well. What is the issue?

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
That first jacket seems to fit you pretty well. What is the issue?

Agreed. I think it looks great. Not sure about the jeans, though.
wink.gif

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
The first one looks great on you, what size is it, and what are your height and weight?
If that jacket looked that good from the back, I would probably keep it. What you can't see is that the vents pull at the back and the chest is also pretty tight. I'm short but athletically built so very few RTW jackets fit me well.

nl06

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
I will post measurements once I have a chance to take them because the sizing wasn't really consistent.

dah328, could you post measurements when you get a chance? Thanks.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I apologize for the delay to everyone who's asked for measurements. I've been stuck at work late every night this week so far. I will get them up tonight barring any unforseen issues at work today.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good god dan, what about the shoes?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Good god dan, what about the shoes?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'll get them up, too. Sorry, Andrew. I know you've had to go barefoot for the past couple of days.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
I'll get them up, too. Sorry, Andrew. I know you've had to go barefoot for the past couple of days.

Thanks.
blush.gif

ericmelton

Reaction score
If the first jacket is still available can you post measurements?
thanks

Sorry didn't see the other posts asking the same

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads