• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Home Made Sausage, Cured, and Smoked Meats

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks a bit like my steak from the other night. Bet it tastes amazing but the picture isn't selling it!

;)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First brisket yesterday in I don’t know how many years. Definitely first one on the pellet grill.

Got the 2-probe wireless Chef IQ thermometer from Costco (and a prime brisket). Tried a bear mountain pellet blend with the hope of more smoke than the Kirkland pellets I had.

Before wrapping:
View attachment 2187159
Done:
View attachment 2187161

Ran it overnight but when I woke up it had already busted through the stall… wrapped it in paper and dropped the temps to 200 to try and slow it down while I went back to bed. Pushed it back to 225 to finish after waking up for real but it still finished up way early so it became lunch. Tried to hold it a cooler, but I think I let it rest at ambient for too long and there was no way I was keeping it out of the danger zone until dinner.

Thought I got a nice smoke ring and bark, flavor is good, but I think I pulled it a little early for texture. Point was in a better spot than the flat.

Will have chopped point sandwiches tonight. Remaining flat got bagged and frozen—hoping a long sous vide reheat can improve their texture.

Also rendered like 4 full mason jars of tallow (which I will probably struggle to use more than 1/8 of…) and got a pound of ground brisket out of the flap I cut off.
People on r/smoking with pellet grills say the pellet tubes do the trick of adding more smoke.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Isn’t that just a type of pork al pastor?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People on r/smoking with pellet grills say the pellet tubes do the trick of adding more smoke.
Yeah, I've been "meaning" to buy a smoke tube or smoke maze ever since getting my first electric vertical smoker...just haven't actually done so.

Although honestly, with the Bear Mountain pellets and the right ambient temps, I got sufficient smoke here to the point where I don't wish I had a tube.

Tube seems more important when you are smoking at higher temps (like a chicken) or when ambient temps are low and the pellet grill has to burn fuel too fast and doesn't make much smoke.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Isn’t that just a type of pork al pastor?

It’s a specific marinade, that includes achiote paste, and then pork cooked gyro style.

Yeah, pic was a hot mess. Here’s the ribs after smoking but before I slathered with the reserved marinade to finish in the oven.

IMG_9442.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member