• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
I can't believe I made it to a sale before you.

Hickey, not HF. You have to wade through some of the more nutty stuff, but there are nice things to be had. The cashmere sweaters are LP and cut well. I'm on my way out of town, but if you think you're going to go later in the week will you take a order? There were a couple of things that I expect will come down a lot further in price and should be there at the bitter end.

lefty

There was a time chorse would have caught all three.

So, remember any of the prices? Thank you!

planetofsound

Reaction score
was at the Hickey sale yesterday and prices were not that great...
shirts $80, pants $80, ties $45, outerwear $200, sportcoats $300, cashmere sweaters $230

selection was pretty good... lots in every size except not as much in small.

i may check it out again later in the week if they keep dropping prices.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by planetofsound
was at the Hickey sale yesterday and prices were not that great...
shirts $80, pants $80, ties $45, outerwear $200, sportcoats $300, cashmere sweaters $230

selection was pretty good... lots in every size except not as much in small.

but may check it out later in the week if they keep dropping prices.

Those prices more or less dropped by 50% today.

lefty

planetofsound

Reaction score
yeah, just found the new prices listed on clothingline.com:
- knit shirts now 2 for $75
- woven shirts now 2 for $100
- trousers now 2 for $100
- shorts now $35
- sport coats now $99 - $199
- suits now $399

glad I did not buy anything at the inflated first-day prices.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
There was a time chorse would have caught all three.

laugh.gif
I think I went to the PS sale 5 times in four days. I didn't know about this one but it looks like I missed the higher prices. I'll be there tomorrow!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
laugh.gif
I think I went to the PS sale 5 times in four days. I didn't know about this one but it looks like I missed the higher prices. I'll be there tomorrow!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

If you see any flat front gray or charcoal wool trousers for spring/summer in 32-33, I'm in.
smile.gif

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
laugh.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I was a little pissed that they dropped the prices so fast. I only went back because there was a problem with one of my shirts. On the plus side I picked up a sample leather jacket today that was one of four they had made and since it was lumped in with the outerwear I got it at what turned out to 90% off retail. They had to check the price twice.

Almost bested the Isaia coat I grabbed at NMLC for $180 down from $2400.

I heart NY.

lefty

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To Boot New York
May 2-4
F 8:30-6:30 Sat 10-6 Sun 12-5
603 Washington Street, Ground Floor
(Morton & Leroy Streets in the West Village)
www.toboot.com
$
Wholesale prices & Below Wholesale Prices
Try-ons permitted
Mens Shoes
Sample sale. To Boot New York is holding an unprecedented sample sale with over 2,000 pairs of men's high end shoes at low prices! Featured styles include dress and casual shoes to buy now/wear now including sandals, driving shoes, moccasins, boots and more all available from 40 to 80 percent off regular retail prices. Prices start at only $59! All sizes 7-13. Preview To Boot's distinctive quality and style online at www.toboot.com. Cash only--no credit cards or checks accepted please. By train: take the #1 or #9 to Christopher Street. Go west to Washington Street then south to #603.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stopped by hickey sale this morning. Prices on some of the items are good (cotton sportcoats for $99), but I walked out empty handed. Their jackets have a very strange cut: broad shoulders, nipped waist, short length and short single vent. It is not flattering on me at all. Oh well.

I'll head back for sweaters and ties if they cut the price again.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by hickey sale this morning. Prices on some of the items are good (cotton sportcoats for $99), but I walked out empty handed. Their jackets have a very strange cut: broad shoulders, nipped waist, short length and short single vent. It is not flattering on me at all. Oh well.

What was the pricing on suits, shirts, pants? The same as posted above?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't know who their jackets fit. Small thin guys with no muscle maybe. I was told this year's line is by a new designer, so perhaps the cut will change. I have had great luck with their shirts, sweaters and pants though. Some of the tailored pants are very nice at that price point.

Best bet here are the cashmere sweaters. Once the price drops.

lefty

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a great thread!

Originally Posted by mack11211
To Boot New York
May 2-4
F 8:30-6:30 Sat 10-6 Sun 12-5
603 Washington Street, Ground Floor
(Morton & Leroy Streets in the West Village)
www.toboot.com
$
Wholesale prices & Below Wholesale Prices
Try-ons permitted
Mens Shoes
Sample sale. To Boot New York is holding an unprecedented sample sale with over 2,000 pairs of men's high end shoes at low prices! Featured styles include dress and casual shoes to buy now/wear now including sandals, driving shoes, moccasins, boots and more all available from 40 to 80 percent off regular retail prices. Prices start at only $59! All sizes 7-13. Preview To Boot's distinctive quality and style online at www.toboot.com. Cash only--no credit cards or checks accepted please. By train: take the #1 or #9 to Christopher Street. Go west to Washington Street then south to #603.

I really gotta check this out, I love their shoes. Thanks for the heads up.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I take back what I said about the jackets. They cut prices so I went back. I tried on a bunch of the 40R. Some of them fit more like a 38. I bought two, although looking at the pictures, the blazer is too short. Also, the shoulder measurements varied widely between jackets, including one where they were uneven. I think a few of the items must have been rejects.
DSC09790.jpg
DSC09789.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics