• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats your everyday scent?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Generally, I wear Angeliques sous la Pluie.

Originally Posted by Baron
^^
That one smells to me a bit like a gin and tonic.

Agreed, a little more lime and I would be all over it. A little melancholy for my liking but still a good scent.

Originally Posted by rach2jlc
^For devouring others, I find scents with Aoud wood/agarwood are excellent (like Montale or, if running low on funds, YSL M7). These scents reek of the kind of royalty that still executes criminals with a sword.

How have you overlooked Yatagan or Ormonde Man for this application? Ormonde Man in particular is really taking over my mindspace here and if the XC rate ever gets any better I'll be ordering it posthaste.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed "Creed Original Vetiver"
Lanvin "Lanvin"
CD " Fahrenheit"

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ditched the dirty english since it only seemed to last 1-2 hours on me. I now use Cuiron for my everyday.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most scents make my nose stuffy. I like DR Harris Arlington with its fresh citrus scent. I found it years ago in London at the Conran store and I've been a fan ever since.

migo

Reaction score
I've just switched from Issey Miyake Intense for the colder months...Back to my summer scent which is CK Eternity.

Can anyone recommend something along the likes of Eternity...my bottle's almost out and I want something new for the warmer months ahead.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
I've just switched from Issey Miyake Intense for the colder months...Back to my summer scent which is CK Eternity.

Can anyone recommend something along the likes of Eternity...my bottle's almost out and I want something new for the warmer months ahead.

Platinum Egoiste (Chanel) is one you might like, but we really have to get you branching out (haha).

Try Creed Erolfa if you really like aquatics. I'm really into Lalique Pour Homme now, which is more of an oriental, but has a very nice vibe and isn't expensive when obtained online. Gucci PH II is another that isn't bad to get you going, as it is fresh but still fairly deep, and Prada Amber PH is another that is a mainstream scent with both class and quirk.

Fresh Cannabis Santal is another great warm or cool weather scent; it's got some mandarin/citrus topnotes with some chocolate and sandalwood to keep it interesting. In fact, I'd probably recommend this one first above the others. It's about $75 from Neiman marcus, but I really think you'll like it.

migo

Reaction score
I have platinum egoiste but it's not light enough for days...I can wear it summer evenings, I suppose.

Creed stuff is hella expensive man, out of my budget! I sampled the summer one they just came out with...it's coconut/vanilla- y and I really liked it, but alas it's way expensive. I also have l'eau d'issey, but I tend to place that with the chanel...more night time. I've been toying around with the idea of making it my day scent though

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
I have platinum egoiste but it's not light enough for days...I can wear it summer evenings, I suppose.

Creed stuff is hella expensive man, out of my budget! I sampled the summer one they just came out with...it's coconut/vanilla- y and I really liked it, but alas it's way expensive. I also have l'eau d'issey, but I tend to place that with the chanel...more night time. I've been toying around with the idea of making it my day scent though

Look at basenotes sales area, look at scentiments.com... stop paying retail for fragrances!!!

I think the new Creed you are talking about is Virgin Island Water.

migo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Look at basenotes sales area, look at scentiments.com... stop paying retail for fragrances!!!

I think the new Creed you are talking about is Virgin Island Water.

hehe...they've all been gifts, but I'll take look at basenotes. Virgin Island Water is correct!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Creed is regularly in the sales/swap area there at good prices. I've regularly gotten Erolfa, Tabarome Milesime, Bois de Cedrat, etc. for less than $40 for 2.5-4.0 of juice. VIW, since it is a new release, will be more, but still I think you should definitely hunt around for good stuff instead of paying $210 at Neimans.

She's gone now, but for a long time there was a seller on ebay who was liquidating the remaining stock from the Bond no. 9 store, when it was a Creed distributor. At that time, you could get Creed testers (of everything from Himalaya to Epicea to anything else) for really cheap prices. That's gone now, but many of the buyers were Basenoters and so they often will pass on the savings for bottles they aren't using in the sales area. I probably bought 15-20 bottles of Creed from her over the years... (but have since used or traded away most of them).

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find Creed's Private Collection somewhat costly. Chanel's scarce Cuir de Russie is also expensive to acquire.

As for an everyday scent, I usually favor Kolnisch Juchten.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brosnan6
I recently (past couple months) started using Jo Malone Pomengranate Noir...it's a pretty versatile scent for year-round wear.

My wife discovered Jo Malone a few years ago and now swears by the brand. She no longer has any interest in collecting other perfumes.

I have a handful of colognes but do not really wear a daily scent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads