• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Posting same topic here and on AAAC forums??

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I do post and x-post on both fora. I like both SF and AAAC for different reasons, but other than that I appreciate the non-clothing threads here (even the dumb threads). On the other hand the recent brouhaha between whomewhat and iammatt that spilled on both fora showed that some members of AAAC look at SF members as interlopers in their forum. I don't get it.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
Searching for "snob" by username "cruiser" at AAAC was enlightening. I'd rather watch the trad starfish, though. Like the one with the red sneakers.
Just look at his posts over time and you will see...

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
...the recent brouhaha between whomewhat and iammatt...
That was terrible!

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
I don't understand why someone there by the name of Jusey won't allow me to be a member of the forum any longer.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
shop_mickey.jpg

What's wrong with a Mickey Mouse watch by Gerald Genta?

Nice!

How much is it? At least 5-10k, I'd imagine?

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Haha the kid, who is still in high school, also posts here and over at superfuture. Hardly a trad IMO.
smile.gif
You are right, of course. He certainly got a reaction to his not quite trad look.

Uhmm, is this the right time to bring up that the starfish in SF/MC are high end brioni starfish?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank
I don't understand why someone there by the name of Jusey won't allow me to be a member of the forum any longer.

What did they say, or what was your last post(s)?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini
Just look at his posts over time and you will see...

Anent Cruiser, you've got to hand to the guy. By sheer obnoxiousness and dogged pertinacity (abetted by tolerant or actually sympathetic moderators), he has single-handedly done a great deal to change the tenor of a forum with 14,000 (or whatever) members...although not for the better, I fear.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I do post and x-post on both fora. I like both SF and AAAC for different reasons, but other than that I appreciate the non-clothing threads here (even the dumb threads). On the other hand the recent brouhaha between whomewhat and iammatt that spilled on both fora showed that some members of AAAC look at SF members as interlopers in their forum. I don't get it.

I wouldn't say that was really between me and whomewhat. I think it was a manifestation of being fed up with the bad moderation there. He was just a symptom.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I wouldn't say that was really between me and whomewhat. I think it was a manifestation of being fed up with the bad moderation there. He was just a symptom.

I won't disagree, and I'm not trying to pick a fight, but: what was the bad moderation? I'm being 100 percent serious and NOT sensitive*. I really, honestly want to know why you say this.

*For those who don't know, I'm a moderator at AAAC.

JimInSoCalif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I've noticed that every time I click on my link to AAAC, I am redirected to this weird place. I believe it's called Ask Cruiser About Clothes.

I thought it was Ask Cruiser About Jeans, but you might be more correct.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I won't disagree, and I'm not trying to pick a fight, but: what was the bad moderation? I'm being 100 percent serious and NOT sensitive*. I really, honestly want to know why you say this.

*For those who don't know, I'm a moderator at AAAC.

hi guys Keeping an eye on this thread, and it is sort of walking on the acceptable-side of the line at the moment, but just want to remind everyone that we do not allow other forum bashing here. Teacher/AlanC or any other Andy mods - if you guys feel like anything here crosses that line, feel free to PM me. Matt

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
hi guys

Keeping an eye on this thread, and it is sort of walking on the acceptable-side of the line at the moment, but just want to remind everyone that we do not allow other forum bashing here.

Teacher/AlanC or any other Andy mods - if you guys feel like anything here crosses that line, feel free to PM me.

Matt

I hope posters here keep the discussion civil. I agree that forum bashing is not constructive. But I think that there are problems over at AAAC. Rare is the post in which there is that lively exchange of ideas between knowledgeable posters like there used to be. AAAC is flagging and I think constructive criticism which may highlight why members are increasing turning to SF is not "forum bashing". For one thing I would say that the style of moderation here at SF is one of the reasons for its growing success. I should add that I have never had any sort of run in with a AAAC moderator and that is not the reason I say this. I would like to see AAAC resuscitated - that is all.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Anent Cruiser, you've got to hand to the guy. By sheer obnoxiousness and dogged pertinacity (abetted by tolerant or actually sympathetic moderators), he has single-handedly done a great deal to change the tenor of a forum with 14,000 (or whatever) members...although not for the better, I fear.
Yes, he has really succeeded in screwing it up! You know, once they find out about this thread over there we are going to be in trouble...

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Yes. I do not even want to get started about that...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads