• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ not bad, I'm not sure about the rolled up pants but I can appreciate something different.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
H&M
APC
Varvatos

122wq5.jpg

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
H&M
APC
Varvatos

122wq5.jpg

The jeans are a good fit but the akwardness lies in the obvious disymmetry between your upper body and lower body. You should work out your legs more--not being insulting here. If those are APC NS, with your upper body there's no reason why should even be able to get them beyond their knees.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
The jeans are a good fit but the akwardness lies in the obvious disymmetry between your upper body and lower body. You should work out your legs more--not being insulting here. If those are APC NS, with your upper body there's no reason why should even be able to get them beyond their knees.
Those are Hipsters, which are a relatively interesting fitting jean, fairly tight top block and fairly relaxed below the knee, not my favorite fit, which is why they're on sale. They do have a pretty nice low rise though, which is unusual for APC. I've actually been deemphasizing heavier leg lifts even more of late <shrug> I think my thigh diameter is ~25" which is fine with me @ 33W, but even when I did lift legs a lot I still didn't have much in the way of quad/hamstring development and I have small calves regardless of workload, this is likely genetics, which is something I'm fairly happy with in any case. The fact that I apparently have a similar genetic disinclination to bicep hypertrophy, on the other hand, is not pleasing. I have one leg day a week at which I squat/dl 2x BW, which I'm happy with. I could easily do it more often and with more weight but it's not really a goal of mine to induce leg hypertrophy in any case. Going forward, I'll probably increase the dissymmetry you seem to dislike, although I'm not completely sure that this will be the outcome. Over the last six months, I've increased load and decreased work intervals for upper body lifts and have been setting multi-rep PRs fairly regularly but body weight and chest diameter has actually marginally decreased. Given my caloric consumption (which is somewhat variable but generally low, slightly above maintainance excluding thermogenic effect and exercise, and quite protein rich) my gains will probably plateau fairly soon although I'm trying to put that off as much as possible with a high level of variability in my workouts.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^So you're that big dude at the gym with the chicken legs?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
^ not bad, I'm not sure about the rolled up pants but I can appreciate something different.

I think his shirt is long enough that the pants don't need to be rolled up so much. He could probably cuff maybe once or even twice but it looks like there's at least 3 rolls there. Denim stacked on Clarks looks pretty good ala jpgm, IMO.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Hipsters are intended to be a women's jean. They are passable as unisex but the fit of the seat is very feminine. I personally think those are some of the better fitting jeans you've posted, drizzt, though I'd be scared to see what it looked like if your shirt was tucked in.
unrem2972oj1.jpg
B.Son hoodie Uppercut shorts CP perfs

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was a few weeks ago. If you see my keys hanging this is the day I lost them out there on the mountain about 1 hour before sunset and we had to find them. Needless to say I don't use the Tanner key loop any more. I'm about to go hiking there again today pics might follow.

sm.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hustlenflo22
Yea, I don't know that I feel the fit of the hipsters either...how long have you been wearing them?

Not too long... maybe 4-5 times. The fit is fine, I'm just not especially fond of them being so baggy below the knee.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Hipsters are intended to be a women's jean. They are passable as unisex but the fit of the seat is very feminine. I personally think those are some of the better fitting jeans you've posted, drizzt, though I'd be scared to see what it looked like if your shirt was tucked in.

unrem2972oj1.jpg

B.Son hoodie
Uppercut shorts
CP perfs

Is it shorts weather in Seoul? I need to start packing.

Brian SD

Reaction score
it's been &quot;where whatever the **** you want&quot; weather the past week or two. Pretty much perfect.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Nice look Brian.

I'm all about the shorts/hitops/court shoes for summer man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads