• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dshack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
You are wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers.

The shirt is a shirt.woot.com on AA. The jeans are APC New Standards, and the sneakers are Vans.

But yup, you nailed it pretty well.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I think tshirt, jeans and shoes can look pretty decent if the fit is really spot on and the individual pieces are nice. Unfortunately, i wasn't really feeling that outfit. I don't know what your fascination with tucking your casual button downs into your jeans is, brutus but i'm not a huge fan. Otherwise the fits are solid enough. Guy burgess- Another nice use of the TaT sweater. You work it really well. Last night at a party i wore white BoO shirt, apc new cures, grey opening ceremony suede laceups and my black momastore watch. There is probably pics from the party that'll surface so i can post em'. Hopefully i'll look sober enough.

Not Carl

Reaction score
J. Crew Blazer Helmut Lang Sweater Helmut Lang Shirt 45 RPM's NDC zip boots
t8okci.jpg

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
It's just, I see posts like that at a lot of boards I go to, and I don't understand what we're expected to think or say. Yes it looks fine ... but that's it, fine, inoffensive, generic. You'd have to do something really interesting with accessories to make a t-shirt + jeans comment-worthy, I'd imagine.

You could do what most of us do. Just don't say anything if you don't have anything to say. If something isn't "comment-worthy," you could just, like, not comment.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carl, what are you doing with your camera that's giving you such nice portrait shots?

me = camera noob

totally epic

Reaction score
He's just using a wide aperture. It gives a nice background blur and makes the subject pop. In that pic, I'm guessing f/2.8 or so?

migo

Reaction score
Styleforum uniform?
H&M t
Cheap Monday Raw Selvage
All Star

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Sorry for the dirty mirror =\\

Not Carl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Carl, what are you doing with your camera that's giving you such nice portrait shots?

me = camera noob

Totally Epic is right, except it's at 1.8 with a 85mm

It doesnt hurt that i go to school for photojournalism and all of my friends are photo nerds too...

Dandy Highwayman

Reaction score
This is a slightly old photo but I'm wearing this exact same outfit right now. Sorry for the weird angle, my legs look tiny.
2e2f5np.jpg

totally epic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Not Carl
Totally Epic is right, except it's at 1.8 with a 85mm

It doesnt hurt that i go to school for photojournalism and all of my friends are photo nerds too...

That's a pretty nice portrait lens. Not as nice as the Mamiya 120mm f/4 macro that I'm picking up, but still pretty good :p

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
As do I overall, though the jean fit could stand some improvement (read: slight slimming) from the knee down, at least in that picture.
I actually like that he's not wearing the SF uniform. There's a lot of training and washing on here to make people believe that everything must be tapered and slim always. Not going slim really helped to keep his silhouette balanced and masculine. Let's face it: we hate it when our friends become successful.

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I don't know what your fascination with tucking your casual button downs into your jeans is, brutus but i'm not a huge fan. Otherwise the fits are solid enough.

New belt. In the last pic, the Penguin shirt is really long so I decided it would be my only shirt designated for tucking. Tuck-frequency will be decreasing rapidly.

Not Carl, for some reason I really like this fit. I never thought I would want a plaid blazer but now maybe I do.
confused.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I actually like that he's not wearing the SF uniform. There's a lot of training and washing on here to make people believe that everything must be tapered and slim always. Not going slim really helped to keep his silhouette balanced and masculine.
Right, I wasn't trying to imply he should be wearing TFs or something, just that the jean width below the knee looks to be consistently greater than at the knee, which I don't get. But then, bootcut is in general my nemesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads