• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Superfoods!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GREENS+ seems to give me a bit more energy during the day and a deeper and more restful sleep at night.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
OK - I'm trying this - got some spirullina and chorella and am giving it a shot. We'll see what happened.

Also, question for Javyn - I thought that you couldn't take calcium and Zinc together as one blocked the intake of the other? Isn't that why always say to take ZMA and calcium separately. What has been your experience with this and do you take them separately?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
OK - I'm trying this - got some spirullina and chorella and am giving it a shot. We'll see what happened. Also, question for Javyn - I thought that you couldn't take calcium and Zinc together as one blocked the intake of the other? Isn't that why always say to take ZMA and calcium separately. What has been your experience with this and do you take them separately?
I think that is right about the zinc. Also, if you want the Calcium to absorb, you need to take it with Magnesium. I recommend Mg Citrate for best absorption, not Mg Oxide, which is most commonly found. The Mg : Ca ratio should be about 2:1 iirc. In general, people are HIGHLY lacking in Mg. Calicum I wouldn't go too crazy on as excess amounts lead to calcification of organs and cancer in many cases (according to some of the latest research I've read). If you do take Ca I'd recommend the citrate form as well.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah Bradford, I space my calcium and zinc far away from each other. I take 50mg zinc picolinate with lunch and my cal/mag/d before bed. I know that calcium carbonate isn't the best, but I've experimented with different calciums a few years back, and still say the Schiff brand calcium is my favorite. It's carbonate, but hey, it's cheap and my fingernails grow tougher taking it than any other calcium I've noticed.

edit: I don't take ZMA because I think it's cheaper to just get zinc and a cal/mag supplement and take them separately. Someone was posting a study on the bodybuilding forum a while back pretty much discrediting ZMA anyway. It's the zinc that boosts your testosterone, and that's only if you were deficient in it in the first place. There's nothing really magical about a zinc, magnesium, b6 combine being taken at once.

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
just purchased some of these of the back of this thread...

Took a Chlorella pill about 40 minutes ago and am still not coming up.
no smiles no giggles, nothing....

f*cking useless...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Up your dose and give it time. If you aren't sick to your stomach try taking 2 capsules (if they are 500mg) three times a day, and move up from there. That's why I like the powder, I'd rather drink a smoothie in the morning than taking 25 pills throughout the day.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't it better to just eat food rich in Zinc, or are supplements a good idea?

If you eat a normal amount of chicken, lean beef etc... every day, isn't that giving you enough zinc?

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
Sorry, was only kidding.
smile.gif

Thanks for the advise though.. its gonna take a while before I can drink the Spirulina powder in water, took one small amount in a glass of water. had to hold my nose and it looks worse that it tastes.

should I be taking the chlorella and this together as they seem to contain some of the same nutriants?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I try to eat blueberries, dark leafy greens, cruciferious veggies, etc which are all high in nutrients. Occasionally I'll make smoothies and throw in some Dr. Hawigawa's Green Magma supergreen powder or other packet I'll randomly pick out at the health food store. I'll also supplement with a multi, or sometimes MSM, CoQ10 or other antioxidant. But, it's very erratic. I'd like to think it effects by energy level, but that seems more dependent on how much sleep (or caffeine) I've had.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ZMA is zinc and magnesium aspartate which absorbs better than other synthetic versions of the metals.

Vitamin B6 assists in absorption.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I eat foods rich in zinc, always have, but definitely notice a difference when I supplement with it, rock hard erections. Sorry to be base, but hey, that's a good thing.

Isn't it better to just eat food rich in Zinc, or are supplements a good idea?

Yeah, the magnesium in my calcium supplement is oxide rather than aspartate, but I am assuming it absorbs well enough, since I get sleepy after taking it. Not to mention I take an epsom salt bath once or twice a week so I think I'm covered as far as magnesium goes.

ZMA is zinc and magnesium aspartate which absorbs better than other synthetic versions of the metals.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make sure you never are in a drug study. You'll throw off the placebo results.

Supplementary zinc gives you rock hard erections? What the ****...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why don't you just try it why? Instead of being a contrary douchebag? It's common knowledge zinc does that after all.... I don't see how you can possibly try to dispute that. *shrug. You are either a troll or just not that bright, heh. (hint, google is your friend, try it before hitting "post" after your asinine remarks.)

edit: Unrelated to superfoods, but, on the note of this post...don't waste money on Enzyte or any of those other 'penis' pills, since zinc serves as the base for all of them, and it's incredibly cheap.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try what? Taking zinc?

I already do. It doesn't make ******** rock hard. ********** does.

Besides, you're taking zinc oxide which has terrible absorption and you're talking about it as if it has this magical effect on your schlong. Then you eat grass stuffed into a capsule and you're claiming it makes you feel so entirely different. God forbid you do something like coke -- your heart would rip out of your chest and eat your face.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1. I take zinc picolinate, not zinc oxide, learn how to read. And I don't need to 'claim' zinc's effects on a testosterone levels and sexual health, it's been proven.

2. I eat algae not grass, and I don't stuff it into capsules I drink it mixed with juice. If you don't want to believe it makes me feel entirely different, that's your prerogative. If you don't believe in its nutritional value, all you have to do is read the label (something I've noticed you obviously don't do). If you still don't, I guess you might as well not believe that vegetables are good for you either, since those "grass capsules" are pretty much just that, just highly condensed.

3. I've tried coke, it's actually a pretty lame drug. Give me ecstacy or GHB any day over some nose-candy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads