• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Posting same topic here and on AAAC forums??

Casanova White

Reaction score
Would it be considered uncouth to post a topic both here and on AAAC forum covering the same area in order to get more feedback?

I initially joined that forum but while I was waiting to be authorised I decided to join this one to get more immediate answers.

From my brief time on the forums I get the sense that this forum deals slightly more with 'real world' affordable clothes, then the AAAC is a little more expensive and esoteric, then above that dealing with Bespoke etc is The London Lounge.

CW

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither AAAC nor SF is "more expensive and esoteric" than the other. It used to be that if you cross posted you would find the discussions running in quite different directions. That was in the heyday of AAAC. These days the AAAC discussion peters out rapidly while the SF discussion may carry on a lot longer. Some old AAAC stalwarts like JLiboural have stopped posting there altogether.

Yes, LL is best reserved for bespoke. If I see a thread like "does my new JAB coat fit me?" there I will make a pointed effort to ignore it.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't read AAAC.

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do.
smile.gif

While there is some significant overlap in both membership and discussion topics, both Fora provide opportunities for meaningful conversations...even on the same topic. And those conversations often generate different (and even differing) content. I find nothing wrong with posting an inquiry on both boards; though I would echo the above recommendation to note that the message was cross-posted to both SF and AAAC.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are differences between the two.
I was introduced to this site via AAAC, and I only glance there on occasion now.
I spend a great deal of my free time on here now.
There seems to be a wider range of posters here.
Plus I find this site easier to navigate and use.
The LL is more focused and serious than SF and AAAC. I also enjoy browsing there, but generally find it most comfortable here.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like watching the AAAC trad forum-in the same funny way biologists watch starfish. There is that whole funny lifestyle that is supposed to go along with the clothes (with winking eye), I don't understand it but it looks interesting, and the looks are interesting, so I watch and watch and make up theories as to why they do what they do.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
make up theories as to why they do what they do.

Maybe they just like the clothes?

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they do.

But there was this fascinating thread on whether polo (the sport) was trad.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casanova White
From my brief time on the forums I get the sense that this forum deals slightly more with 'real world' affordable clothes, then the AAAC is a little more expensive and esoteric . . .

This was my impression a couple of years ago, but I think AAAC has tilted strongly toward Jos. A. Bank-type, low-to-mid level, correct-for-business clothes. In contrast, you get far more variety on SF, with a distinctly greater emphasis on high-end, bespoke things than what you'll find at AAAC.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross posting though not frequent isn't uncommon, I can not imagine anyone having a problem with it.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
This was my impression a couple of years ago, but I think AAAC has tilted strongly toward Jos. A. Bank-type, low-to-mid level, correct-for-business clothes. In contrast, you get far more variety on SF, with a distinctly greater emphasis on high-end, bespoke things than what you'll find at AAAC.

It's all about stealth wealth on the Styleforvm...

1159[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads