• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wurkin Stiffs - Are you kidding me?

TIEALIGN

Reaction score
For the record I made TIEALIGN for restaurant waiters so they dont have to tuck the end of their ties into their pants.

Originally Posted by gdl203
I'm waiting for the perfecta trifecta package with a pair of wurkenstiffs (R), a tie dimpler (TM) and tie align (R)

tiealign-shirt.jpg
Finally ready to brave the tough world of suits and ties...

I blame Donnie Deutsch for this stuff

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the perfecta trifecta package with a pair of wurkenstiffs (R), a tie dimpler (TM) and tie align (R)
GDL, don't forget

Shirt garters:

1448883_scaled_131x187.jpg

Sock garters:

23135030.jpg

a belt:

Zegna%20nappa%20belt.jpg

and suspenders:

300px-Man_wearing_suspenders.jpg

You can never be over prepared for perfection.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ the suspender illustration is classic
laugh.gif

I think you'd need a device that keeps the suspenders at a perfect distance from one another. God forgive they would move left or right! Something like a stiff plastic bar that would rest behind the neck. I'm calling Donnie now!

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
There is talk about this elsewhere, and I figured I would bring it up here. This has to be the tackiest thing I have ever seen. I mean, if there were ever such thing as the perfect style killer, it would have to be a magnetic contraption to keep your collars in the perfect place. http://www.wurkinstiffs.com/default.aspx
As someone else has already asked, what is so tacky about this product?? I can't wear ties both because I work in a psychiatric hospital and because I would be overdressed. Alot of my shirt collars just dont lie the way I would like without magnetic stays. They are completely invisible and work extremely well. As far as their keeping your collar in perfect place, you cant even tell they are in use and are only able to make a collar look as "perfect" as a standard button-down. You should try them before bashing them. I don't really see the need to get all hysterical about it. How about just not buying them? DL

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
I am doing a Psychiatry rotation at the moment
Originally Posted by dl20
I can't wear ties both because I work in a psychiatric hospital
Are these specifically marketed to psychiatric institutions?

Trojanman74

Reaction score
^^^ if not i see someone making a killing in that market

plus working in the psychiatry field, wouldnt you see the need for these as a symptom of o.c.d.

are these going to cause problems to yourself or those around you?

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that I am aware of. I first read about them either here or on AAAC a while back and happened on them at Saks Off 5th by chance one day and picked up a box.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trojanman74
wouldnt you see the need for these as a symptom of o.c.d.
Nope.
are these going to cause problems to yourself or those around you?
Not unless a patient attacks me, rips out the collar stays from my shirt and stabs me in the eye with them.
plain.gif
By the way, his royal shirtness, AK, sells these and he doesn't strike me as a gentleman who would stock a gimmicky product unless he thought they could actually play a useful role. http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...5&postcount=34 (from the thread that inspired this one).

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.wurkinstiffs.com/r/i/items/2-x.jpg + http://www.dimpler.com/GROUP-01MDhp.jpg + http://www.tiealign.com/imagesnew/tiealign-shirt1.jpg = Finally ready to brave the tough world of suits and ties...

I blame Donnie Deutsch for this stuff

Originally Posted by iammatt
GDL, don't forget

Shirt garters:

http://www.shirtgartersinc.com/image...ed_131x187.jpg

Sock garters:

http://images.jupiterimages.com/com...p://manolomen.com/images/Zegna nappa belt.jpg

and suspenders:

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...suspenders.jpg

You can never be over prepared for perfection.

No Sansabelt pants?
confused.gif

2043heatherbrown%20draw.JPG

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, there is something very young corporate New York upstart about these horrid things, possibly paired with Thomas Pink shirts, a striped Zegna suit and some bit loafers.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am doing a Psychiatry rotation at the moment

Originally Posted by dl20
I can't wear ties both because I work in a psychiatric hospital
Nope.

Not unless a patient attacks me, rips out the collar stays from my shirt and stabs me in the eye with them.
plain.gif

Well, next time I take a job in Arkham Asylum I'll make sure to wear them. But it wouldn't work in the Marvel Universe -- Magneto would use them against me.

Srsly, a friend who used to work for the French prison system showed me a standard-issue guard's tie, the only tie he would wear not for safety reasons, but because he hated ties: It was an already knotted tie with an elastic knot, so that you wouldn't be strangled if someone grabbed and yanked the blade of your tie. Quite funny to see demonstrated.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
... (or someone coming from AAAC which is the inspiration for this thread) where people are obsessive about every little detail of their clothing.

Wouldn't that be, obsessive about how they're perceived in their clothes?

If ten junior executives with neck magnets are jammed in a elevator and it jostles suddenly throwing them into each other, do they stick?

On a more serious note, keep these far away from young kids. Two of these magnets swallowed could do real harm to their internal organs.

lefty

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Yes, there is something very young corporate New York upstart about these horrid things, possibly paired with Thomas Pink shirts, a striped Zegna suit and some bit loafers.

So incredibly dead-on.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty

On a more serious note, keep these far away from young kids. Two of these magnets swallowed could do real harm to their internal organs.

lefty

Nah. I think you'd probably be able to get them out with another magnet from the outside - much like the "Wooly Willy" beard toy. The question is which end you guide the magnet out...

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
For the man who also must always wear a perfectly centered dimple.
This from the guy who admits using sock garters?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads