• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clueless dolts who walk out onto a bike lane without even looking and then stop to chat with their mates. Apparently they don't think of it as part of the road.

I thought today - the combined weight of me and my bike would approach 100kgs. Travelling at 30 km/h, I couldn't help but seriously hurt one of these d***-wits should I hit one. And my only alternative would probably be to drop my bike in front of a car traveling at twice my speed. And I am not ever going to do that.

Wrote the above at lunch today. On the way home, a woman walked straight out in front of me without even looking and I had to scream at her. Later, a P-plater decided to play Greg sandwich and tried to crunch me between him and a left-turning car where the road split from 2 lanes into 3 (without widening). More screaming, this time out of sheer terror.

Est. d***-wits bent on destruction/kilometres travelled = 0.2

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I alway drive over the speed limits, but my car isn't suited to follow idiotic American speed limits--65 MPH really.
I noticed today, while cruising on the freeway, that my new bike has 90 MPH at the vertical position on the dial, making that the natural "medium speed". And at that speed, in 5th gear (though there are 6) my rev counter is also at vertical. But police wouldn't understand the aesthetic correctness of keeping the two pointed forward.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I noticed today, while cruising on the freeway, that my new bike has 90 MPH at the vertical position on the dial, making that the natural "medium speed". And at that speed, in 5th gear (though there are 6) my rev counter is also at vertical. But police wouldn't understand the aesthetic correctness of keeping the two pointed forward.

Yes, my car's engine was designed to "perform" in the 65-120 area since it was originally intended for cruising German autobahns.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish people on the train would just shut the **** up, turn their shithouse music down, and let the rest of us non-ipodding, non-talking-on-a-phone-too-*******-loud, non-sitting-in-a-group-laughing-too-*******-loud people have a quiet trip home

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Well, John we all can't be saints like you.

And in as far as traffic violations go, speeding (which is the only thing I do) is nothing compared to the other insanely dangerous things people do: driving through red lights, making left hand turns at red lights, trucks that drop items from the rear (a brick hit my friends windshield on the highway not 3 days ago, if it had gone through it would have hit him directly in the face, surely killing him), people that don't let you merge onto the highway (J posted a wonderful example of this practice). In my case, I was going to get slammed against the median wall if I didn't accelerate...think what you will.

I mention in passing that your dislike for cars is well know.

Jon.

Well, none of that matters, Jon. You got a ticket for something you did. These comparisons you make with others is pathetic.

Now, reply.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Well, none of that matters, Jon. You got a ticket for something you did. These comparisons you make with others is pathetic.

Now, reply.

If your point is that I got a ticket for avoiding a truck which required speeding out of the way and evasive maneuvers, then yes.

I didn't mention but 2 weeks ago a truck with PVC pipes lost about 20 of them, one of them hitting my car (no police around, of course); how's that for a comparison.

You just seem really angry at drivers and cars in general for some reason, let go of the rage dude.

Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I was just in Florida and what I noticed was how crazy the police are there. Literally EVERY block in Miami I saw someone being pulled over. I was like wtf?! They have all different kinds of undercover cop cars too.

Welcome to my world.
plain.gif

Jon.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your point is that I got a ticket for avoiding a truck which required speeding out of the way and evasive maneuvers, then yes.

I didn't mention but 2 weeks ago a truck with PVC pipes lost about 20 of them, one of them hitting my car (no police around, of course); how's that for a comparison.

You just seem really angry at drivers and cars in general for some reason, let go of the rage dude.

Jon.

No rage here. You speed all then time, Jon. You eventually got a ticket. Don't complain.

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j

Philistines!

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
No rage here. You speed all then time, Jon. You eventually got a ticket. Don't complain.

You should post how you are pissed off you are about what others post on the Things that are pissing you off thread. This would be the perfectly place to post it.

Jon.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should post how you are pissed off you are about what others post on the Things that are pissing you off thread. This would be the perfectly place to post it.

Jon.

I'm not pissed off. You speed all the time, Jon. You got your ticket. Don't complain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads