• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What music are you listening to lately?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Van Morrison, Hard Nose the Highway, Warner vinyl
Beethoven Symphonies, Bernard Haitink & LSO, on 6 SACDs

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
blu_exile_cover.jpg

asset.jpg

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Milt Jackson, Invitation, Mofi SACD
Linda Ronstadt, Don't Cry Now, Mofi CD
Peter Malick Group with Norah Jones, New York City, very rare SACD version.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
290.jpg
MusicCatalog%5CB%5CBasement%20Jaxx%20-%20Atlantic%20Jaxx%20Recordings%20-%20A%20Compilation%20vol.1%5CBasement%20Jaxx%20-%20Atlantic%20Jaxx%20Recordings%20-%20A%20Compilation%20vol.1.jpg

Dandy Highwayman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
Neutral Milk Hotel and Pavement. 90s music is comfort music. Sometimes, I play these bands for my son in likely fruitless hopes that he will someday appreciate them, as my parents did for me with classical music. It helps dull the sting of fading youth and increasing irrelevance.

Amazing to find a fellow Neutral Milk Hotel fan on here! I've been listening to practically nothing else for the last few weeks. Never heard of Pavement though... are they anything similar?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think I ever got into Neutral Milk Hotel though perhaps I should give them another round.

Current:

Les Georges Leningrand
Robbers on High St.
Bush

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dandy Highwayman
Amazing to find a fellow Neutral Milk Hotel fan on here! I've been listening to practically nothing else for the last few weeks. Never heard of Pavement though... are they anything similar?
Hooray! I would assume that quite a few people like NMH here. It's just old so they might not listen to it as much as they used to. Pavement is not at all similar to NMH. They were your standard 90s indie band. I think this is fairly representative of their work: . I see that you are from Scotland. Hooray for Mogwai, Belle and Sebastian, Arab Strap, and Idlewild!

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
Hooray! I would assume that quite a few people like NMH here. It's just old so they might not listen to it as much as they used to.

Pavement is not at all similar to NMH. They were your standard 90s indie band. I think this is fairly representative of their work: .

I see that you are from Scotland. Hooray for Mogwai, Belle and Sebastian, Arab Strap, and Idlewild!

If you're a Neutral Milk Hotel fan, also try Olivia Tremor Control, Apples in Stereo, and Of Montreal. They are part of a group of bands with common band members called the Elephant 6 Collective.

Pavement is great too, but very "mainstream" in the indie world.

gvibes

Reaction score
I see that you are from Scotland. Hooray for Mogwai, Belle and Sebastian, Arab Strap, and Idlewild!
Beta Band is very upset at being left out.
burialnj8.jpg

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soundgarden - Fell on Black Days on YouTube. The video version is really good.

RiStar

Reaction score
Good old Rat Pack.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads