• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW08

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you would like to pre-order the Navy Wool/Cashmere Bedford, please let me know. Gary
Originally Posted by jgu
Is it too early to preorder the bedford in cashmere?
smile.gif

jgu

Reaction score
Any colors other than navy? Would like a gray or charcoal one.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I believe it is also available in Charcoal but will have to confirm that tomorrow.

Originally Posted by jgu
Any colors other than navy? Would like a gray or charcoal one.

Josh Bing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
That's correct and that is when I will post the pics.
Haha Gary you seem to be a bit overanxious about that. I guess small independent clothing labels really hate free promotion, right? Haha. I reckon Engineered Garments will get into huge problems when someone post those pictures here, right? It's like they have this promotional catalogue, but they don't hold the rights to publicize the pictures, so they will get huge lawsuits from the photographer if they get posted to the public, correct thinking? Bottom line is when you sell expensive designer clothing you don't want anyone to see your sales catalogs at any time, word? When Nepenthes Tokyo hands out these look books to anyone, holding back any pictures here is futile and overly angstridden. Whatever. I hope someone with the picture *and* common sense will post them here as soon as possible. I will be in Japan in May. When I will get the catalog I will do wtf I want with it. Hell probably GQ Magazine has more balls.

datasupa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Josh Bing
Hell probably GQ Magazine has more balls.

maybe you should borrow some from them instead of creating a new username to talk ****

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It mostly has to do with the theft of ideas and designs. With Engineered Garments increased mention in the clothing industry, people are looking their way (styleforum's threads also appear on google and are the #1 source of information about the line on the internet). It's very easy for someone at another company to take a picture and get reproductions made from it in China in less than a few weeks - this does really happen.

There's also PR that can get messed up, and a lot of time can also go into that.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
maybe you should borrow some from them instead of creating a new username to talk ****

+1.......................

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Josh Bing,

Thanks for your kind words of wisdom. I'm sure everybody here on this forum gathered alot of insight as to the nature of your mind.
The one thing though that you do have a deficit of is "Respect"
Next time you quote me, I hope that you will have learned some.
It is usually those without "Balls" that insult others in Cyberspace.

With Kind Regards,

Gary

Originally Posted by Josh Bing
Haha Gary you seem to be a bit overanxious about that.
I guess small independent clothing labels really hate free promotion, right? Haha. I reckon Engineered Garments will get into huge problems when someone post those pictures here, right? It's like they have this promotional catalogue, but they don't hold the rights to publicize the pictures, so they will get huge lawsuits from the photographer if they get posted to the public, correct thinking?
Bottom line is when you sell expensive designer clothing you don't want anyone to see your sales catalogs at any time, word?

When Nepenthes Tokyo hands out these look books to anyone, holding back any pictures here is futile and overly angstridden.

Whatever. I hope someone with the picture *and* common sense will post them here as soon as possible.

I will be in Japan in May. When I will get the catalog I will do wtf I want with it.

Hell probably GQ Magazine has more balls.

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
It's very easy for someone at another company to take a picture and get reproductions made from it in China in less than a few weeks - this does really happen.

i was kind of thinking the lookbook was made with that in mind. the pictures are hella dark. maybe you can vaguely make out a pocket or two. by the time i pass the pics through some crappy scanner and resize them for the internet, you wouldn't be able to see anything at all.

walking around tokyo i've seen a lot of blatant eg ripoffs, down to the differently colored button on the workshirt. even the gap has a pin cord jacket that's almost the andover suit.

batorizer

Reaction score
My FOB Factory workshirt is a blatant ripoff of the EG work shirts with the red button and different shaped pockets. The quality is outstanding and the fit is better than my flathead houndstooth. The fit is the reason I bought the shirt and I'm not saying that I support other brands taking styles from EG... just putting it out there.

WOLVES

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
If Engineered Garments did some of their coats in a waxed cotton... branespload.

Yup.

I'd be interested to see them try some more "teach-apparel" type of things as well ala Nonnative or white mountaineering. I fully understand that this opinion may amount to blasphemy among this lot, but I'd be interested to see what they come up with.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
Think a melton wool norfolk is in the cards this season.

Originally Posted by wiru
no norfolk, but maybe it's just not in the lookbook.

Originally Posted by spazzz
are you getting the norfolk jackets?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have it straight from the horse's mouth that there is no Norfolk this year. I wanted one too
frown.gif

datasupa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru
the shop coat is listed as being in "wool denim." an oxymoronic cloth? will the production of this cause a rift in the fabric of space and time??

I want cashmere denim!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
I want cashmere denim!
They actually make this, though its not to our standards in what we like. IIRC, companies like Brioni, Zegna, and Kiton use it some of their denim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads