• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I feel like its sound is well above my ability to play! I helped a buddy record a song Friday night with just piano, guit ar and vocals. Everything was mic'd, mixed, and massaged by pro sound engineers and the tone from the guitar was ridiculously sweet and clean.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Speaking of just-bought-trips, my gf and I just booked our second trip to Con Dao for the end of April. Best place in Vietnam....stunning beaches and absolutely no one there.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I just bought a: 13" MacBook, 2.4 GHZ processor, 2GB RAM, 250 Gig HD.

Jon.

welcome to Macland. Enjoy.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
15 inch Macbook Pro 2.16 ghz/2 gb ram/forgot drive size

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Ive been predominantly a Mac user for like 10 yrs, so kinda goes without saying that I like the OS. I bought this machine cheap second hand from a moron designer who considered a Macbook Air an upgrade for design work.

Basically I am happy with it, battery life could be better, and it did fall victim to the Airport connectivity issue that plagued a lot of these had when the OS went to 10.5 - but a couple of software updates later, that was solved.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
I bought this machine cheap second hand from a moron designer who considered a Macbook Air an upgrade for design work.

Yeah, he doesn't seem that bright. Well, at least he is not in the music biz, because there is no way a MacBook Air could handle 30 loops with 24 effects all at once.

Do you run windows on your machine at all?

Jon.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
there are countless reasons that that is a stupid move, but his loss is my gain.

No, I don't run Windows on this machine (or any other for that matter)

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
there are countless reasons that that is a stupid move, but his loss is my gain.

No, I don't run Windows on this machine (or any other for that matter)

Indeed it is your gain...I like the pro, but 15" was too big for my primary use of the computer: running from one class to another, taking notes, organizing my school work / social life and a dash of photo editing.

Jon.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Craftsman Ratcheting Screwdriver. Can't believe I lived without one of these. Perfect for times when you don't feel like taking the drill out or searching for that lone screwdriver. In fact I may just replace all my screwdrivers. The ratcheting action is smooth, has a nice grip handle, and it stores 14 bits in the handle. Has a nice weight to it and the magnet is strong enough to really hold it in place.
sears_screw.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My Taylors silvertip brush having fallen off the stand once too often and chipped its handle too many times to be comfortable to hold, I picked up (being in France) a Plisson High Mountain badger brush with a horn handle. I forgot that badger REEKS the first time you use it, so had the pleasant sensation of scraping roadkill across my face today.

6-1_m.png

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
My Taylors silvertip brush having fallen off the stand once too often and chipped its handle too many times to be comfortable to hold, I picked up (being in France) a Plisson High Mountain badger brush with a horn handle. I forgot that badger REEKS the first time you use it, so had the pleasant sensation of scraping roadkill across my face today.

6-1_m.png

How much did you pay for that? Art of Shaving sells rebadged Plisson for about $400 though I believe HMW is somewhat more. I like the lucite and metal handled ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads