• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Elecronicsreseller ....

who also posted this.

Damn, an ad-generating device with human thoughts! Who would've thunk?
bounce2.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just cynical, but this thread smells like fake user name shilling to me.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Maybe I'm just cynical, but this thread smells like fake user name shilling to me.

The original shill has been banned and his company (BRNDNU at www.brndnu.com) soundly trashed in public (see thread).

If anyone else has been taking his money to shill for these brands, this is your chance to PM me and apologize profusely. I may or may not ban-hammer you, but I promise that I will not drag you through the dirt in public on the forum, and that if you are banned, it will be merciful and discreet.

Fok.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
The original shill has been banned and his company (BRNDNU at www.brndnu.com) soundly trashed in public (see thread).

If anyone else has been taking his money to shill for these brands, this is your chance to PM me and apologize profusely. I may or may not ban-hammer you, but I promise that I will not drag you through the dirt in public on the forum, and that if you are banned, it will be merciful and discreet.

Fok.

What if I offered you half the money?
devil.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
devil.gif

Half the money is not enough. You'd have to convince everyone else involved to kick in 75% of all their takings, and the parent company would have to pay a big, hefty fee up front as well.

What, you think that this **** is cheap? That's nearly as insulting as thinking this **** is free.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
devil.gif

Ill take it and give you all the air cover you need from Teh Fok. PM me
smile.gif

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lost my train of thought....

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
Can we have a list of forum moderators? Makes it much easier to "tone" down when needed to. For example, Enuff=STFU and chill. I didn't know that.
plain.gif

In most parts of the world, cops wear uniforms. I don't see why this rule doesn't apply to SF.

This list already exists.
Go to the forum index (homepage) and click on "Forum Leaders" or whatever the exact wording is.
First thing you'll see is a list of names and which subfora they moderate.

It'd be smart to memorize them (not to mention easy). It's not like they shift responsibilities every day.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't know that. J is not listed. I wonder if he's undercover.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
This list already exists.
Go to the forum index (homepage) and click on "Forum Leaders" or whatever the exact wording is.
First thing you'll see is a list of names and which subfora they moderate.

It'd be smart to memorize them (not to mention easy). It's not like they shift responsibilities every day.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
Thanks. I didn't know that. J is not listed. I wonder if he's undercover.
lol8[1].gif

He's not strictly undercover per se, but he clearly enjoys it when a clueless noob mouths off to him. It makes for good fun for everybody.
smile.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
This list already exists. Go to the forum index (homepage) and click on "Forum Leaders" or whatever the exact wording is. First thing you'll see is a list of names and which subfora they moderate. It'd be smart to memorize them (not to mention easy). It's not like they shift responsibilities every day.
plus there is a list of moderators for each forum at the bottom of the list of threads. But for the record.... J does everywhere LAGuy (Fok) does everywhere Bradford does Current Events Brian does Streetwear, Men's Clothing, Current Events Steve B does basically everywhere bar streetwear and current events I do everywhere bar Streetwear

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification.
Originally Posted by m@T
plus there is a list of moderators for each forum at the bottom of the list of threads. But for the record.... J does everywhere LAGuy (Fok) does everywhere Bradford does Current Events Brian does Streetwear, Men's Clothing, Current Events Steve B does basically everywhere bar streetwear and current events I do everywhere bar Streetwear

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Humble suggestion for the moderators:

I am not sure if the version of the Vbulletin software that runs the forum allows it, but if all newly registered members were required to make an arbitrary number of replies (say 5 or 10) before being able to start their own threads it may significantly decrease the amount of SPAM, especially in B&S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads