• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes With Character

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My I ask which Aldens are these? And do you happen to know which last they are on?
alden1.jpg
Thanks!

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
My I ask which Aldens are these? And do you happen to know which last they are on?

alden1.jpg

Thanks!

Alden Perforated Cap Toe. Hampton last

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
I think ig go for different laces though ...

Never liked flats for dress, they belong to cassuals & sneakers imo.

(l post some shoes ive just had resoled by the weekend)

A brown fullbrogue is "not" a dress shoe, imho
smile.gif

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is more casual traditionally, but I make it work & always get a ton of compliments on the shoes.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
It is more casual traditionally, but I make it work & always get a ton of compliments on the shoes.

I wear them, too
smile.gif

As you can see here.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bally Prato, Bally France had thic ca20years, resoled twice. Like a glove realy liket the Madalions on Bally's. Looking for a replacement, will have a look at the new Scribes when they come after the summer ... Bally Sporty, Bally swiss aboout 18years old. A nice wet weather shoe with crepesole, just resoled heel.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lotusse balmoral plaintoe, resoled with a full Vibram sole. Has served me well for the last 15 or so winters. Lottusse simple plaincap, served me well for close to 20years. Resoled once. Have a Church Consul as a replacement, but stil wear this on occation. Lottusse undestitch loafer around 10years now i think. Just resoled in France, quite pleased with the work.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moreschi Gold Line, slightly less than 10years. Pollished binder, resoled twice. I realy like this shoe (even if its PB), have been past several brand carying stores & the factory at occations but no more ...

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speedster.8:
worship2.gif

A persuasive argument for well constructed, resole-able shoes as any I've seen. I mean, being 10-20 year old yet they all still look great. Damn.

Thanks for posting.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BRUNATE shoes are relabled Dario Doldoni. But to different an more traditional styling imo. These are quite reminicent of my santoniFAM, these are about 8years where as the santoni are no more than 3. Pondering wether I schoud resole these... I stil enjoy wearing these slightly more than 10years now. Get a lott of compliments to
wink.gif
resoled once.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice speedster.8, thanks. Is that a 360 welt on the Lottusse plain caps?

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyw
How about these...........bespoke Peter Limmer hiking boots circa 1978, on the second pair of soles, easily 5,000 miles, trod on 3 continents......still going strong.

Thanks for the picture. I had never actually seen a pair before. Those things are legends.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you for the topic. You gave me a good laugh with your answer this morning.
smile.gif

I am glad to see, that people start to move away from the sterile world of new out of the box shoes.
tounge.gif

No offense to portnoy's and VR's shopping competition, but I am missing something... At least some passion.

Lately I started thrifting "again". I bought around half a dozen shoes which were in different stages and some of them would not meet my standard in their construction.
But, who cares. At an average price of 10 bucks and the same amount to "recraft" them I am happy to say: Variety counts
smile.gif

I'll post some pictures here within two weeks.

PS: Hey Speed, nice collection. Soul to sole
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads