• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From this weeks WAYWT

L1020880.jpg

L1020795a.jpg

L1020836.jpg

L1020809.jpg

080401WAYWT.jpg

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, just out of curiosity, how easily available is that IWC Portofino in that particular color combo?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
Wow, just out of curiosity, how easily available is that IWC Portofino in that particular color combo?

That's a Portuguese Chrono, though that particular model has been discontinued.

sammy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Before long you're hanging out on TimeZone with the WIS's looking to score JLC's and Pateks and trying to convince your kids there's a certain "nobility" to community college.

crackup[1].gif
How true!

sammy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by npdang
BP lemans big date in classic black dial

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

What's the diameter of this watch? Was never a BP fan, but this one is very nice.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I was looking at that AquaLung instead of my Type XXI.

I want to say it is 39mm or 40.5.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sammy
What's the diameter of this watch? Was never a BP fan, but this one is very nice.

I believe that model is a 40mm case.

sammy

Reaction score
Whats the consensus on JLCs Reverso Classique watch? Never considered JLC as a serious watch as its reversible feature seemed a bit gimmicky to me. But my AD said that its a great watch for the money and tends to be under appreciated by the market. He also told me that JLC makes all their movements in-house.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iconic watch. One of the true classics. Very elegant IMO. I tend to prefer the medium-size 'Grande Taille' case to the smaller 'Classique' but YMMV

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
I'm developing an attraction to this one - any experiences?

B143_Max_Bill_4-1.jpg

No experience, but I love it! Is this new? Very retro looking.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
No experience, but I love it! Is this new? Very retro looking.
Junghans is one of germanys older watch manufacturers I believe. This is one ot the "Max Bill" series Designed by ... "Max Bill, contemporary of the Bauhaus generation, friend of Gropius, Le Corbusier and van der Rohe. The brilliant painter, designer, sculptor and architect designed this wristwatch, which has now been brought out in the original design - with a mechanical movement, of 1962. Max Bill by JUNGHANS wristwatches come in four original designs and also as original wall clocks designed by Max Bill in the Fifties. " smal blog entry : http://www.eleventhvolume.com/miscel...-for-junghans/ (not mine) Had a look at the Chronoschope last year, but decided to pass. to colose to one of my vintage ones. But nice. HTH Speed

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
- Not that easy, when they first came out in this combo & the reverse (I ummed too long & missed out as he production was only for a 1.5 years). For some reason they were not a success, hence they only produce now in all black or white face.
- I have been trolling TZ for the last few years & again missed out each time, though this time around when I was in NY I was lucky enough to stumble across one BNIB!
- next on my target is the reverse for the time being & my next mile stone I will get the 5001 aka Port Auto (white face with blued hands

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
I'm developing an attraction to this one - any experiences?

B143_Max_Bill_4-1.jpg

B143_Max_Bill_2-1.jpg

- Me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads