• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why couldn't you have put a warning with those pictures...."the images you about to see may be disturbing"

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
I'm shocked this thread has been so civil. If this was Styleforum back in '06 by page 4 we would have had photoshopped images malaligning the OP, and a couple of people banned by now...

+1

FWIW, I call BS on those praising the OP's ability to "pull off" such outfits. Sorry, but in my book one does not "pull off" such montrosity just by snapping a handful of awkward pictures of yourself and post them on a online message board...

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is I bet if the OP was properly fitted by someone with a clue about menswear, he'd trash all of these steve harvey outfits in a second. Even in the last pic he looks a little better with a SC that is 2 sizes to large instead of 6 sizes to large like in the other pics.

RE: the tie knots and deep sea diving flipper loafers, you look like a hot mess my friend.

How old r u anyways? Why not take our advice and try some more form fitting clothing. Do you like anything you see in the WAYWT thread?? You seem to be wanting to differentiate yourself form the herd by wearing crazy and outlandish things. Try making a style statement by wearing elegant or even trendy type stuff.

dl

-Also, i have a few old pairs of 9.5 captoes I can send you if you promise to burn the flipper shoes.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious what socal thinks about all this
devil.gif

dl

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spiff, you should definitely get credit for posting pictures of yourself. That takes guts.

But I'm confused about what you want to get out of SF. Do you sincerely want to change or 'improve'? It seems like you're pretty committed to what you're already doing. Do you want advice on better fit? Your pictures imply that your standards for fit are completely disparate from what is generally expected here. Or maybe you just want to share your style with us.

Which is it?

drake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
This tragic series of photos reminds me of when AAAC denizen, the GabbaGhoul, posted images of his Vegas duds.

Oh god, I thought I was the only one that remembered that horror.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This tragic series of photos reminds me of when AAAC denizen, the GabbaGhoul, posted images of his Vegas duds.

With a name like that, it sounds like an epic thread. Link please.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude, you are a ******* train wreck. keep reading this forum and the streetwear forum, learn more.

For streetwear, mixing jeans with jackets, etc. check out the 'what are you wearing now' thread, lots of guys doin it well and kickin ass.

For tailored clothing, you've gotta trash the four button suit and the square toe shoes immediately, then start reviewing the countless great threads on how to put it all together. there are about 60 cats on 'what are you wearing now' that are killin it.

good luck!

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Not quite as bad as this person's clothing, but still not pleasant:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ad.php?t=46131

Wow..... perfect example of a guy with a lot of money to blow, and absolutely no idea how to spend it or how to wear what he spends it on.

Is anyone allowed to post a negative comment about someone else's clothes over there? Seriously... 2 pages of people saying "good job"... wtf?

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, the OP has earned a certain level of my respect for posting his pics. From what I've seen, he's received a lot of criticism and ridicule on this forum but he has never gotten upset and reacted badly and has "put his money where his mouth is" by responding to the requests to photos of his "style".

For myself, I've only recently started to make an effort to "dress properly". 6 months ago I had no clue that a suit needs to show 1/2" or so of sleeve, about pocket squares, I had way too much break in my pants, that square-toed shoes were awesome, etc.

I'm 28 years old and soon going to be entering a professional working environment once I get finished with grad school and I still have a way to go to define my own look. However, I do think that most of the OP's clothing choices are absolutely horrible. That first suit and the black platypus shoes (as they are being called) in particular. Oh, and those awful tie knots as well. I don't care about a dimple or not but those are huge and obnoxious and just look plain bad.

If he is happy with them, then so be it but I have a hard time thinking that even the "average Joe" (or Jane in this case) would find them appealing. And this is coming from someone who just spent Sat night at a lounge in Manhattan with a bunch of my classmates (all within +/- 4-5 years of my age) celebrating a friend's birthday; whose clothing consisted of square toed shoes, jeans with french cuffs, one "fashion coat" with tie halfway undone and one side of the shirt tucked in, and comments to me of "don't you ever wear jeans?" That's their accepted style yet I'm 99% positive that those same people would not dig this look either so it's not just me being snobby.

knowsnothin

Reaction score
If you are going to wear clown clothes, at least button your jacket right.

Buttoning only the top button looks foolish.

On a 3-button jacket, sometimes button the top, always button the middle, and never button the bottom button. Top to bottom: Sometimes; Always; Never.

For a 4-button jacket, just throw it in the trash.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Wow..... perfect example of a guy with a lot of money to blow, and absolutely no idea how to spend it or how to wear what he spends it on.

Is anyone allowed to post a negative comment about someone else's clothes over there? Seriously... 2 pages of people saying "good job"... wtf?

Respectable people like Matt,JL(who I'm sure regrets that) Horance and FNB at that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads