• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ataru

Reaction score
jpgm, what color and material are those clarks? They really go well with your dark jeans.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason

I like this shot, instantly reminded me of

Singing_3.jpg

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vestpest1014.jpg
vestpest1008.jpg
us gov watch cap big ben chore coat modified H&M chambray shirt (removed collar and changed top and bottom buttons) carhartt vest lvc 37 timberland

Style_Deficit

Reaction score
Noob observer here .. about a year since I posted a WAYWT pic ... the last one was ignored .. that hurt.. and gave me food for thought ...

I know I'm breaking a cardinal rule by mixing brown suede boots and a brown "manbag" with an otherwise black outfit, but I quite like it nonetheless ...

Anyway...
1207229203_2_FT18917_sakura.jpg

1207229203_2_FT18917_sakura2.jpg

Jacket: J press
Shirt: Ben SHerman
Jeans: Nudies (SJ IIRC)
Boots: Antonio Maurizi (and yeah, I've seen they get no love on this forum)

PS: Yeah, I'm bow-legged ...

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noob observer here .. about a year since I posted a WAYWT pic ... the last one was ignored .. that hurt.. and gave me food for thought ...
Half the pics posted here get ignored, don't worry about it. Ben Sherman shirt looks good and classic, and I like the bag. Brown and black looks fine to me--I admit I can't see everything clearly on my craptacular work monitor.

Superbobo, nice shirt surgery! Still looking for a chambray for the summer.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Style_Deficit

you should just keep posting pics. if your intent is to post to get a comment then your motive needs to be re-evaluated. Just post and exercise your inner narcissist, eventually the comments will follow.

Style_Deficit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
... if your intent is to post to get a comment then your motive needs to be re-evaluated. ...

No, not at all. I think I phrased that poorly, sorry. Gomen ne...

What I meant was that my previous "look" (or outfit) was incredibly subpar for this forum.

FWIW, you inspire me each time you post .. you take me back to Margate and a sock full of coins and blood streaming from my forehead and some hairy, unwashed cun7 saying "WTF you looking at?"

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
No, not at all. I think I phrased that poorly, sorry. Gomen ne...

What I meant was that my previous "look" (or outfit) was incredibly subpar for this forum.

FWIW, you inspire me each time you post .. you take me back to Margate and a sock full of coins and blood streaming from my forehead and some hairy, unwashed cun7 saying "WTF you looking at?"

right on man, I thought you had "The Look" about you. keep posting pics!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Superbobo, nice shirt surgery! Still looking for a chambray for the summer.

Thanks!
I recommend EG actually, I love the f/w chambray work shirt I have. Also just got a G Star chambray which surprisingly is really good quality and good vintage design. The little logo patch was no match for a seam ripper...

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Style_ Deficit,

As a contemporary, I like your look alot. I have found that pushing the envelope to hard at our age only makes us look we're a freaking idiot and should be driving a red sports car. Get what I mean?
There's a sense of classic elegance to your outfit and although there will not be alot of love for that here, these younger guys here will eventually evole to what you are expressing.
As for mixing browns and black. I know that certain combinations of these colors come off as very rich and unpredictable. I love to wear my dark wash jeans with chocolate brown ankle boots and a dark brown croc belt with brass buckle.
I have yet to start posting in WAYWT. I think that I will and let the critisism start.
That's only what it is.
People have different points of view and not everybody is on the same page.
During my tenure at Louis, Boston, every Saturday morning we were required to put two or three outfits together and the employees critiqued with positive feedback as to a slam dunk or it needs improvement. We all learned and became the best there could be. I am greatfull for that experience alone for it helped me become a leader in our industry. I believe that's what we are doing with this section is helping each other be the best we can be regarding our wardrobes and how we can maximise what we own. It would be nice to see some posts where the poster used one clothing item and showed a few different looks.
I often will visit a customer home to help them clean out their closet of what they are not wearing or tell them to discard it for it is outdated or tired. More times than not, they will have the Suit/Sport Jacket, Trowsers, Shirt and Tie together as they bought it and not deviate from that. I show them the opportunities. Their amazed!
Keep posting, I'll be interested!

Best regards,

Gary

I know I'm breaking a cardinal rule by mixing brown suede boots and a brown "manbag" with an otherwise black outfit, but I quite like it nonetheless ...

Anyway...
1207229203_2_FT18917_sakura.jpg

1207229203_2_FT18917_sakura2.jpg

Black Cherry

Reaction score

Looks great, man. Rules are made to be broken, and other cliches like that.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Bobo, love your work-wear look. Nice vintage-looking fades on the coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics